shape
carat
color
clarity

Hillary Clinton's powerful tv ad

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you all see this? It was startling to me, when my husband asked me to watch this, as it appeared on our tv this morning. I'm almost sorry to post another post about how bad it is . . . but man, this is where we are . . . and it's not good! Not really sure what the point of my post is -- but maybe play this for your Trump loving friends, have a chat about it and hope for the best. Oh, yeah, right, that's a good topic -- do you think an ad like this would actually change anyone's point of view on Trump, or are the people that support him unreachable at this point?

http://time.com/4405589/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-new-ad-speeches/

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a Clinton voter (both times) but people should see this who are on the fence, the Trump lovers can't see anything but hate of welfare, illegal aliens, welfare queens, blacks and their love of guns, white is right, it's 'their' own fault' attitude'.. the guy is petty, unkind and mean, this ad is a warning for us now what our future children (nieces, nephews, grands etc) will think... it's powerful.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't think it will have any impact on Trump supporters at all. They will think: He just speaks his mind, it's refreshing. The comments were taken out of context. My children don't look to politicians for role models, their parents should be and are their role models. Hilary is a liar and worse for the country.

I think this ad is just "preaching to the choir."

Will it have a positive impact (for Clinton) on undecideds? I don't know, but I think Clinton's campaign is going to need to focus on her platform and experience in order to win this election.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maria D|1468861238|4056734 said:
My children don't look to politicians for role models, their parents should be and are their role models. Hilary is a liar and worse for the country.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1468861579|4056735 said:
My children don't look to politicians for role models, their parents should be and are their role models. Hilary is a liar and worse for the country.

Good for you. What if politicians have children? To whom are those children to look at as role models? :confused:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1468861835|4056740 said:

Good for you. What if politicians have children? To whom are those children to look at as role models? :confused:
Trumps children seem quite fine to me. Why the nastiness?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1468861891|4056741 said:

How is that nastiness? I certainly didn't intend to be nasty with my post. It was an honest question. If you're referring to the "good for you" part, all that means is "good for you" for having those values and expressing them. Not everyone posts or replies to you to antagonize you.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1468862081|4056743 said:
redwood66|1468861891|4056741 said:

How is that nastiness? I certainly didn't intend to be nasty with my post. It was an honest question. If you're referring to the "good for you" part, all that means is "good for you" for having those values and expressing them. Not everyone posts or replies to you to antagonize you.

My mistake if you did not intend to be nasty. Internets. Being a conservative on PS you brace for attacks. :lol:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1468859685|4056723 said:
I am a Clinton voter (both times) but people should see this who are on the fence, the Trump lovers can't see anything but hate of welfare, illegal aliens, welfare queens, blacks and their love of guns, white is right, it's 'their' own fault' attitude'.. the guy is petty, unkind and mean, this ad is a warning for us now what our future children (nieces, nephews, grands etc) will think... it's powerful.

I have a family member who is a Trump supporter. What you described above is exactly how this family feels. They have also raised their children to believe the same. While shopping in downtown Chicago their 23 yr old daughter actually said she wanted to eat lunch where there are no black people. I started to cry. Her parents failed miserably as parents.

I fail to see how you can be a Trump supporter and not be a racist.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It may not do any good whatsoever in terms of votes, because Trump supporters , by definition, have no hearts or souls. But I hope that it plays morning, noon, and night around America for weeks and months. I absolutely love it! It juxtaposes the evil that is Trump with the promise that children have and that we should honor.

Thank you so much for posting that, Loves_Vintage.

AGBF

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think it will have any impact on Trump supporters at all. They will think: He just speaks his mind, it's refreshing. The comments were taken out of context. My children don't look to politicians for role models, their parents should be and are their role models. Hilary is a liar and worse for the country.

Will it have a positive impact (for Clinton) on undecideds? I don't know, but I think Clinton's campaign is going to need to focus on her platform and experience in order to win this election.
:o ..Aren't you a Dem.?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ad made me cry.

That is all.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1468862242|4056745 said:
My mistake if you did not intend to be nasty. Internets. Being a conservative on PS you brace for attacks. :lol:
Put on your bullet proof vest... :wink2:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1468867670|4056772 said:
redwood66|1468862242|4056745 said:
Put on your bullet proof vest... :wink2:

Thanks for reminding me! Got to get that ordered today. :lol:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1468859685|4056723 said:

Totally agree with this sentiment. I doubt it will have an impact on people who strongly support Trump already, but for people on the fence I hope it does have an impact. Super powerful, and so...depressing.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1468867405|4056770 said:

:o ..Aren't you a Dem.?

Yes! And I will be voting for Clinton. I didn't say *I* will think these things, I said this is what Trump supporters will think upon seeing this ad.

I'm not a political strategist. I would hope that Clinton's know what they are doing. Maybe this ad isn't supposed to change anyone's mind, but just keep Trump's b.s. front and center in case he decides to listen to his wife and "act presidential." I hope that's the case because I honestly do not believe this ad is going to persuade anyone. The Trump supporters LOVE his crass rhetoric; the more he spouts the more they love him. There's nothing in this ad that's going to make a "Hillary Hater" change their mind about her.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1468863716|4056756 said:

What an incredibly stereotypical statement - and I am NOT a fan of Trump, mind you. But that is no different than judging any other group by the actions of one of its 'members' ... lawyers/cops = crooked, blacks = thugs, whites = racists, Christians = hypocrites, Muslims = terrorists, big diamond owners = materialistic ... are all those stereotypes accurate depictions of all those fitting the descriptions as well? I don't believe them to be, and I don't believe all Trumpers to be racists. But I don't subscribe to what MSM insists on me seeing/hearing/believing, either.

I know several good, hardworking, honest, non-racist people who support Trump who are just (in their words) flat out sick & tired of the empty promises and lying, crooked behavior of establishment/career politicians (on BOTH sides) who fail to effect needed change in DC, who want to see American values & morals restored, and just want to see someone new/fresh/from outside the belt line, and they think he can deliver that or at least is someone in the race who hasn't failed to do it yet. I can respect that, as I do anyone else who wants to vote for Hillary for their personal reasons.

But blindly labeling them as racists does NOTHING to help unite the country (regardless of party) at a time when this country is in desperate, serious need of unification, as the events in recent weeks have demonstrated.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Much more eloquent response than mine would have been JoCoJenn. :lol:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And with regard to that ad, to me it is typical Hillary being a hypocrite. Our children are also supposedly watching an educated, experienced attorney unable to interpret the law with regard to the proper handling of classified information. A Sec'y of State who let Americans die in Libya. A woman who our current president said in '08 was unqualified to be president, but supposedly now has "been tested" (but he didn't say she passed the test, mind you). Our children also see her chastise Wall Street while taking money from the same group.

And why on earth are parents (supposedly) letting young children watch ANY of the nastiness on both sides of this election?

When you have no record to run on, pointing the finger is all you have, I guess.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate when anyone stoops to using children in a manipulative, emotional, button-pushing way!

IMO it indicates the speaker has a weak position so (s)he must resort to this rhetorical cheating.

... and it's soooo common. :nono:

... but then again, zillions of American voters are more stupid than a coffee grounds, so perhaps this is the only way to reach them.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1468879270|4056837 said:
I hate when children are used (by anyone) in a manipulative button-pushing way!
IMO it indicates the speaker has a weak position so (s)he must resort to this rhetorical cheating.

... and it's soooo common. :nono:

I so agree with you on that, Kenny!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
JoCoJenn|1468876563|4056818 said:

What an incredibly stereotypical statement - and I am NOT a fan of Trump, mind you. But that is no different than judging any other group by the actions of one of its 'members' ... lawyers/cops = crooked, blacks = thugs, whites = racists, Christians = hypocrites, Muslims = terrorists, big diamond owners = materialistic ... are all those stereotypes accurate depictions of all those fitting the descriptions as well? I don't believe them to be, and I don't believe all Trumpers to be racists. But I don't subscribe to what MSM insists on me seeing/hearing/believing, either.

I know several good, hardworking, honest, non-racist people who support Trump who are just (in their words) flat out sick & tired of the empty promises and lying, crooked behavior of establishment/career politicians (on BOTH sides) who fail to effect needed change in DC, who want to see American values & morals restored, and just want to see someone new/fresh/from outside the belt line, and they think he can deliver that or at least is someone in the race who hasn't failed to do it yet. I can respect that, as I do anyone else who wants to vote for Hillary for their personal reasons.

But blindly labeling them as racists does NOTHING to help unite the country (regardless of party) at a time when this country is in desperate, serious need of unification, as the events in recent weeks have demonstrated.

I agree with you.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1468879270|4056837 said:
... but then again, zillions of American voters are more stupid than a coffee grounds, so perhaps this is the only way to reach them.

I always "hope" that the idiots in the various "people on the street" segments that are asked asked questions by various tv personalities are just a set-up but sadly I think this is not the case and it is frightening.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think sadly the tide of opinion is turning more in favour of Trump. It seems a shame that the people voting for him don't have the foresight to see that far from being some sort of holy grail providing the stable government they seek, they cannot see how much more divided the country will become under him. To an outsider if you think the country is a place of divide now, then I can only shudder to imagine the chaos that will occur if he wins.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

GREAT thing for Clinton that Trump is a much BIGGER liar, I do read a lot, and I read those horrid rags like Town hall, Breibart and Patriot news, all the right wing, white person oriented news, so I try to read the conservative vibe, it's really hard as most of what is said is lies.

My sons did look to Barack Obama as a role model, and hopefully other kids did too, the President should be a leader, experienced and wise, my sons drove an Obama Town Hall at University of Texas in Austin in 08, they were pretty young (17 and 13) - they did because they believed he was to be our first African American president (as my parents took me to a meeting in my town to see John F Kennedy because we were catholics and finally our time had come, no more discrimination against catholics and the irish)... maybe they don't teach kids today that the leader of the free world isn't someone to look up to? that would be a shame, but as I have seen in professional athletes, they are no longer role models. Conservatives throw so much on Clinton in the hopes that something will stick.. sad commentary on the right.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My coffee grounds are offended ... and their lives matter!

At least, until they are weakened under the pressure of my French press. :D

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1468876563|4056818 said:

If you listen to Trump it is painfully obvious the man is a racist. Donald Trump has done NOTHING to help unite the country. As far as your comment about people voting for Trump because they want to see American morals and values restored. Trump goes against American morals and values. Josh Tetrick placed an interesting ad in the New York Times yesterday titled Dear Donald. The ad follows. He also added his phone number after his name.

Dear Donald,

Americans are frustrated and angry and scared.
You have channeled this into your nomination.

Americans are also good. We're generous and
courageous and kind. That's what you've missed.

A single mom in Birmingham who taught her son
how to rise while respecting women. The Toledo
autoworkers fighting to protect the jobs of their
immigrant brothers. And the families of faith in
Little Rock who believeI lowering taxes without
lowering their values.

This is who we are. And this is why your campaign
will break down.

Your campaign doesn't just seem wrong. It feels
Un-American. To support it would make me less
of myself, less of my grandpa's grandson, less of
my mom's son.

Turning away from you is a way to say who we are.

Josh Tetrick

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why is it that there are more liberal/democrats on Pricescope? I don't know if that is true btw, most people don't even post. Maybe liberals are better educated is what I think. And Monarch, you think Trumps children seem quite fine? well I have a very hard time with the older sons and their big game murdering, that is not fine to me, that is sick and no one should be able to kill a lion.

http://gothamist.com/2012/03/13/photos_donald_trump_sons_awesome_at.php#photo-2

I don't care if they eat it, they are supremely rich enough to just donate money to Africa.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1468880666|4056848 said:

If you listen to Trump it is painfully obvious the man is a racist. Donald Trump has done NOTHING to help unite the country. As far as your comment about people voting for Trump because they want to see American morals and values restored. Trump goes against American morals and values. Josh Tetrick placed an interesting ad in the New York Times yesterday titled Dear Donald. The ad follows. He also added his phone number after his name.

Dear Donald,

Americans are frustrated and angry and scared.
You have channeled this into your nomination.

Americans are also good. We're generous and
courageous and kind. That's what you've missed.

A single mom in Birmingham who taught her son
how to rise while respecting women. The Toledo
autoworkers fighting to protect the jobs of their
immigrant brothers. And the families of faith in
Little Rock who believeI lowering taxes without
lowering their values.

This is who we are. And this is why your campaign
will break down.

Your campaign doesn't just seem wrong. It feels
Un-American. To support it would make me less
of myself, less of my grandpa's grandson, less of
my mom's son.

Turning away from you is a way to say who we are.

Josh Tetrick

Your comment didn't say Trump was a racist, but his supporters. I quoted it above for your review.

ETA: furthermore, does Hillary NOT do the same (channeling people's fears & frustrations) when she speaks at the NAACP like she did today? when she waves her woman card to a group of feminists? When she uses children as a means of making her opponent look bad?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1468880702|4056849 said:
Why is it that there are more liberal/democrats on Pricescope? I don't know if that is true btw, most people don't even post. Maybe liberals are better educated is what I think. And Monarch, you think Trumps children seem quite fine? well I have a very hard time with the older sons and their big game murdering, that is not fine to me, that is sick and no one should be able to kill a lion.

http://gothamist.com/2012/03/13/photos_donald_trump_sons_awesome_at.php#photo-2

I don't care if they eat it, they are supremely rich enough to just donate money to Africa.

That was me about Trump's children not Monarch. They are successful and articulate. Not exactly cretins.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results