clarity

Hillary Clinton's powerful tv ad

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1468881102|4056852 said:
Calliecake|1468880666|4056848 said:
Calliecake|1468863716|4056756 said:
I fail to see how you can be a Trump supporter and not be a racist.

If you listen to Trump it is painfully obvious the man is a racist. Donald Trump has done NOTHING to help unite the country. As far as your comment about people voting for Trump because they want to see American morals and values restored. Trump goes against American morals and values. Josh Tetrick placed an interesting ad in the New York Times yesterday titled Dear Donald. The ad follows. He also added his phone number after his name.

Dear Donald,

Americans are frustrated and angry and scared.
You have channeled this into your nomination.

Americans are also good. We're generous and
courageous and kind. That's what you've missed.

A single mom in Birmingham who taught her son
how to rise while respecting women. The Toledo
autoworkers fighting to protect the jobs of their
immigrant brothers. And the families of faith in
Little Rock who believeI lowering taxes without
lowering their values.

This is who we are. And this is why your campaign
will break down.

Your campaign doesn't just seem wrong. It feels
Un-American. To support it would make me less
of myself, less of my grandpa's grandson, less of
my mom's son.

Turning away from you is a way to say who we are.

Josh Tetrick

Your comment didn't say Trump was a racist, but his supporters. I quoted it above for your review.

I'm very aware of what I said. I really fail to see how a person could vote for someone who is a known racist. Most people vote for a president who believes in their core beliefs. Do you feel most republicans can just overlook the fact that the man is a racist? Members of his own party refuse to support him because of his racist comments. They don't feel he can unite this country and have been vocal about it.

The headline for the national evening news this evening was GOP Civil War Erupts at Convention. Many in his own party feel he is not fit to be President. Please explain to me how you feel he will unite our country?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maria D|1468861238|4056734 said:
I don't think it will have any impact on Trump supporters at all. They will think: He just speaks his mind, it's refreshing. The comments were taken out of context. My children don't look to politicians for role models, their parents should be and are their role models. Hilary is a liar and worse for the country.

I think this ad is just "preaching to the choir."

Will it have a positive impact (for Clinton) on undecideds? I don't know, but I think Clinton's campaign is going to need to focus on her platform and experience in order to win this election.

Exactly. Hillary Clinton is no role model either. She is a liar and a fraud.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maria D|1468875133|4056813 said:
Dancing Fire|1468867405|4056770 said:
I don't think it will have any impact on Trump supporters at all. They will think: He just speaks his mind, it's refreshing. The comments were taken out of context. My children don't look to politicians for role models, their parents should be and are their role models. Hilary is a liar and worse for the country.

Will it have a positive impact (for Clinton) on undecideds? I don't know, but I think Clinton's campaign is going to need to focus on her platform and experience in order to win this election.
:o ..Aren't you a Dem.?

Yes! And I will be voting for Clinton. I didn't say *I* will think these things, I said this is what Trump supporters will think upon seeing this ad.

I'm not a political strategist. I would hope that Clinton's know what they are doing. Maybe this ad isn't supposed to change anyone's mind, but just keep Trump's b.s. front and center in case he decides to listen to his wife and "act presidential." I hope that's the case because I honestly do not believe this ad is going to persuade anyone. The Trump supporters LOVE his crass rhetoric; the more he spouts the more they love him. There's nothing in this ad that's going to make a "Hillary Hater" change their mind about her.

Totally agree - what seems to be missing is a plan to make all of his big talk possible. He will rid us all of ISIS and fast! If you were so sure of a plan for that, why would you wait until January when you hope to be sworn in? How many lives could you save between now and then if the plan is so good? I think people need to really evaluate what he is saying rather than just cheering his big talk on. All that glitters is not gold and without a feasible plan to back up all of his statements, they are just talk.

As far as his children in business, they started with BIG money behind them. It is far easier to be successful with backing than it is to start from scratch. He also has plenty of funds to supplement them if their businesses slip.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1468883010|4056857 said:

And you think Donald Trump is honest????

E B

Ideal_Rock
JoCoJenn|1468878283|4056831 said:
A Sec'y of State who let Americans die in Libya.

Say what you will about Hillary that's factual, but can we please stop with this BS talking point? It's insulting to the victims, the families of the victims, the Secretary, and my brain cells.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/benghazi.asp

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...act-checking-benghazi-our-most-recent-round-/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...falsely-says-clinton-didnt-send-help-during-/

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/04/trump-on-clintons-3-a-m-call/

http://www.snopes.com/trey-gowdy-admitted-benghazi/

etc., etc.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1468880702|4056849 said:
Why is it that there are more liberal/democrats on Pricescope? I don't know if that is true btw, most people don't even post. Maybe liberals are better educated is what I think. And Monarch, you think Trumps children seem quite fine? well I have a very hard time with the older sons and their big game murdering, that is not fine to me, that is sick and no one should be able to kill a lion.
77% of PSers are liberal/Dems... ;))

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1468883010|4056857 said:

I'm sure we'll see a lot of TV ads about lying Clinton.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1468882794|4056855 said:
I'm very aware of what I said. I really fail to see how a person could vote for someone who is a known racist. Most people vote for a president who believes in their core beliefs. Do you feel most republicans can just overlook the fact that the man is a racist? Members of his own party refuse to support him because of his racist comments. They don't feel he can unite this country and have been vocal about it.

The headline for the national evening news this evening was GOP Civil War Erupts at Convention. Many in his own party feel he is not fit to be President. Please explain to me how you feel he will unite our country?

1) I don't really BELIEVE Trump to be a racist like the media (and lefties) portray. And again, FTR - he is not 'my guy'.
2) You will NEVER find a candidate who aligns 100% with your beliefs - core and fringe - unless YOU are your candidate.
3) I didn't suggest Trump was a uniter; I said YOUR comments surely are NOT unifying, and are no less divisive rhetoric than the candidates slew on the trail.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
E B|1468883567|4056863 said:
A Sec'y of State who let Americans die in Libya.

Say what you will about Hillary that's factual, but can we please stop with this BS talking point? It's insulting to the victims, the families of the victims, the Secretary, and my brain cells.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/benghazi.asp

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...act-checking-benghazi-our-most-recent-round-/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...falsely-says-clinton-didnt-send-help-during-/

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/04/trump-on-clintons-3-a-m-call/

http://www.snopes.com/trey-gowdy-admitted-benghazi/

etc., etc.

You can quote all the websites you like; I defer to my military friends who I trust and were personally close to the matter at the time the activities actually occurred. And as a person who has worn the uniform, SHE is insulting to me in her dismissal of the families, the fallen, and the facts.

E B

Ideal_Rock
JoCoJenn|1468884484|4056874 said:
You can quote all the websites you like; I defer to my military friends who I trust and were personally close to the matter at the time the activities actually occurred. And as a person who has worn the uniform, SHE is insulting to me in her dismissal of the families, the fallen, and the facts.

Then these military friends of yours should run- not walk- to Mr. Gowdy. He spent a hell of a lot of taxpayer dollars trying to find any fault he could. Congressional investigation number 9! Why not.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
While Hillary Clinton's proved complicity on Benghazi may not have materialized, her email issue has and Comey laid it out quite nicely. She should never be able to view top secret or classified information again. It is a disgrace to those that serve and work to collect that information for protection of the US.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1468885286|4056883 said:
While Hillary Clinton's proved complicity on Benghazi may not have materialized, her email issue has and Comey laid it out quite nicely. She should never be able to view top secret or classified information again. It is a disgrace to those that serve and work to collect that information for protection of the US.
In other words guilty, but no indictment ... :wall: as I have had predicted for many months... :praise:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1468885848|4056888 said:
In other words guilty, but no indictment ... :wall: as I have had predicted for many months... :praise:

But I thank him for speaking 14 minutes on what she did and everyone else heard it too. After that there are only two possibilities - she is utterly stupid or a liar of epic proportions. Neither is palatable for many but I highly suspect she is not stupid. :lol:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And with regard to that ad, to me it is typical Hillary being a hypocrite. Our children are also supposedly watching an educated, experienced attorney unable to interpret the law with regard to the proper handling of classified information. A Sec'y of State who let Americans die in Libya. A woman who our current president said in '08 was unqualified to be president, but supposedly now has "been tested" (but he didn't say she passed the test, mind you). Our children also see her chastise Wall Street while taking money from the same group.

And why on earth are parents (supposedly) letting young children watch ANY of the nastiness on both sides of this election?

When you have no record to run on, pointing the finger is all you have, I guess.
My children will absolutely be watching all parts of this election. To leave them uniformed in politics is to do them a great disservice.

If I have to hide my children from the public words of a man who is running for President of the United States because those words are too shocking and too vulgar then that man has no business running for that office, period.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1468886280|4056891 said:

But I thank him for speaking 14 minutes on what she did and everyone else heard it too.
Except for the Dems. whom all falls on deaf ears.. :bigsmile:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know all that many people my age or younger who still watch network t.v. with ads, so I should state here that I haven't watched HRC's ad (the subject of the thread) and do not intend to. It's too bad politicians still have to waste millions on that medium. I will read articles and watch speeches/debates, but mudslinging b.s. I don't care to waste time on. That said, I'm still voting for HRC. That woman has been in politics forever, knows exactly what she's doing, and how to play the game and play it well. Some may consider that conniving or disingenuous, and that's ok. I cannot in good conscience vote for someone who makes fun of the mentally challenged, or someone who refuses to acknowledge that he and his words are dinosaur-like, who mocks people for being overly politically correct in their speech, who Dr. Phils it and "tells it like it is." That serves wonderfully for a talk show host using provocative topics for ratings and viewership. It is not something I value in a political leader. He is a JOKE.

I read this piece recently and found it to be on point. Warning: it's lengthy. It has big, polysyllabic words. There are some curse words sprinkled in towards the middle-to-end. If you'd rather watch 60 second t.v. spots on which to base your voting decision, this will not be your cup of tea. ;))

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/6/11/1537582/-The-most-thorough-profound-and-moving-defense-of-Hillary-Clinton-I-have-ever-seen

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
As far as the ad is concerned, I didn't find it to be powerful, but that could be because I am not a fan of political ads in general. I don't know what purpose they serve - except to be an annoyance (and again, I said all ads in general - I'm not picking on the HRC ads because I find all of them to be equally annoying).
I can tell you from experience that my children don't sit glued to the tv watching politics (like the kids in the ad). I know that they hear & see things, but the interest just isn't there.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1468861579|4056735 said:
My children don't look to politicians for role models, their parents should be and are their role models. Hilary is a liar and worse for the country.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.
+1 Hillary is not the person who should be suggesting that anyone is a poor role model. Coming from a woman who lies every time she opens her mouth, and every time she suggests that she is 'for the people'. I can't stand Trump either but one thing I can say for him, he is un-apologetic about who he is. That doesn't mean he would be a good president but it sure is unusual for a candidate.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1468886722|4056895 said:

But I thank him for speaking 14 minutes on what she did and everyone else heard it too.

But dems sure spend a lot of time trying to prove how much smarter they are and that us dumb conservatives don't understand polysyllabic words. It must make them feel superior - or they are trying to justify that $ spent on their college education. Gee you can go to college for free. It's called the GI bill.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1468887702|4056899 said:
hat said, I'm still voting for HRC. That woman has been in politics forever, knows exactly what she's doing, and how to play the game and play it well. Some may consider that conniving or disingenuous, and that's ok. I cannot in good conscience vote for someone who makes fun of the mentally challenged, or someone who refuses to acknowledge that he and his words are dinosaur-like, who mocks people for being overly politically correct in their speech, who Dr. Phils it and "tells it like it is." That serves wonderfully for a talk show host using provocative topics for ratings and viewership. It is not something I value in a political leader. He is a JOKE.

I do not think I would have phrased my sentiments exactly as you did, Monnie. For instance, I certainly do not feel that Trump is a joke; he scares me far too much for me to laugh at him. I do feel that we are quite simpatica in our feelings about him and Secretary Clinton, however. (My Italian is not good enough for me to know if one can use "simpatica" that way in Italian. In English I should say we are simpatica.)

In other words, I am really not a huge fan of secretary Clinton, but I trust her. I trust her to lead and to be competent. Not to do wild, destructive things like lead us into a war in Iraq the way George W Bush did, a war that left a huge power vacuum because Sadam Hussein, evil as he was, had been holding the patchwork quilt that was Iraq together. She knows who is who globally and would consider the ramifications of actions before she acted. That doesn't mean I think she is a woman of towering principles, but I think she cares more about the poor and women and minorities than the average Republican. So I'll vote for her. And I'll wait for an Eleanor Roosevelt. Or maybe a goofy Elizabeth Pocahontas Warren. ;))

AGBF

PS-I also want them to keep showing that ad where Trump looks like the evil maniac he is, mocking the disabled. Everyone should see that.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1468888752|4056906 said:

But dems sure spend a lot of time trying to prove how much smarter they are and that us dumb conservatives don't understand polysyllabic words. It must make them feel superior - or they are trying to justify that $ spent on their college education. Gee you can go to college for free. It's called the GI bill.

Welfare.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1468889000|4056910 said:

Welfare.

Welfare doesn't have a work requirement any longer. GI bill is earned. And those that serve do it so you can make your comments.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1468889185|4056911 said:
AGBF|1468889000|4056910 said:

Welfare.

Welfare doesn't have a work requirement any longer.

redwood66|1468889185|4056911 said:
And those that serve do it so you can make your comments.
There is no "welfare" in the old sense anymore. But we know that that there are many welfare programs. It's just that many of them are not for the poor and they have no means test (like Social Security or deducting your mortgage from your income taxes) so the right wing doesn't get all riled up about it. It's the issue of selectivity versus universalism. Universal programs are better accepted.
That is both untrue and, even if their service did help to keep the United States free (although surely giving me free speech is not the motive of anyone serving), is irrelevant.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Oath of Enlistment (for enlisted):

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

This is irrelevant.

Sorry to derail the thread from the ad of HRC.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb helping the actual poor is a noble cause but how exactly would you do that? Give more $$? I am curious to know.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1468890683|4056924 said:

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

This is irrelevant.

Yes. It is irrelevant. No one was discussing being in the service, as you pointed out when you acknowledged derailing the thread.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1468891612|4056931 said:

This is irrelevant.

Yes. It is irrelevant. No one was discussing being in the service, as you pointed out when you acknowledged derailing the thread.

Actually you did by bringing up welfare. My comment was about dems and their opinions of cons. I let you drag me in.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1468891958|4056935 said:
AGBF|1468891612|4056931 said:

This is irrelevant.

Actually you did by bringing up welfare. My comment was about dems and their opinions of cons. I let you drag me in.

The "welfare" comment was a joke, by the way. My father used The GI Bill. What are cons?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well in this case they are conservatives. In other cases they are convicts, con artists or other meanings. And your joke was not well telegraphed. ;))

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1468887702|4056899 said:
I don't know all that many people my age or younger who still watch network t.v. with ads, so I should state here that I haven't watched HRC's ad (the subject of the thread) and do not intend to. It's too bad politicians still have to waste millions on that medium. I will read articles and watch speeches/debates, but mudslinging b.s. I don't care to waste time on. That said, I'm still voting for HRC. That woman has been in politics forever, knows exactly what she's doing, and how to play the game and play it well. Some may consider that conniving or disingenuous, and that's ok. I cannot in good conscience vote for someone who makes fun of the mentally challenged, or someone who refuses to acknowledge that he and his words are dinosaur-like, who mocks people for being overly politically correct in their speech, who Dr. Phils it and "tells it like it is." That serves wonderfully for a talk show host using provocative topics for ratings and viewership. It is not something I value in a political leader. He is a JOKE.

I read this piece recently and found it to be on point. Warning: it's lengthy. It has big, polysyllabic words. There are some curse words sprinkled in towards the middle-to-end. If you'd rather watch 60 second t.v. spots on which to base your voting decision, this will not be your cup of tea. ;))

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/6/11/1537582/-The-most-thorough-profound-and-moving-defense-of-Hillary-Clinton-I-have-ever-seen

Thank you for the article Monnie!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results