shape
carat
color
clarity

High end crossbody handbag recommendations please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gucci Soho Disco! Holds plenty, not too heavy, classy style and not massively expensive.

I second the Soho Disco. It's the perfect size and weight. It holds EVERYTHING despite its small size, and the leather wears very nicely. It's pebbled but soft.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a few LV crossbody bags. I have the LV Bloomsbury in damier ebene, the Eva (or Evora?) in damier Ebene, the Favorite PM in monogram and the Favorite MM in damier azure. I also have another LV crossbody messenger but I can’t remember the name of the style. It looks like the Bloomsbury though but it’s monogram.
I love my Eva and favorites bc they can go from a shoulder bag to a crossbody/ messenger bag and fit just enough stuff. My cardholder, my iphone (7+), lipgloss, keys and gum. They look stylish enough to bring on date nights, but also when I am out with my kids I can just turn them into messenger bags.
I did buy the LV Felicie chain strap recently though bc I wanted a sturdier strap and I don’t like vachetta leather as it turns.
Below are the favorites in monogram and damier azur.
2F47041D-3392-433B-8918-654C4F15990D.jpeg 0EE25789-50C3-4FC7-AF9A-3A9A8728568C.jpeg 165D1F38-7994-4BFC-8262-C61B4DC9BFCC.jpeg C654DC8F-B34B-43CB-BA54-E8BE50A45E1B.jpeg

Last edited:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you looked at Mulberry? I have 3 of their crossbody bags on rotation, and two of those are donkeys years old & still look fabulous. I have a chocolate brown Martha (very vintage now, but actually quite heavy), a medium Antony messenger in black and a tan coloured Somerset, which is super fine leather so much lighter than the other two.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the Bloomsbury Pm and the Eva. Both in Damier Ebene. I’ve had the Eva for over 6 years I think and it still looks the same.
A5FFBC6D-7D24-432C-B0D2-51403727FF1E.jpeg A3E44AC2-E467-4B7F-BD84-04DD7B72FF3B.jpeg 7FCABE77-8A95-456D-9644-398B328FDA24.jpeg 5FDB1AB8-CD7F-4142-BE54-D53FCC485728.jpeg D419C38C-1ED0-41EB-A4EC-379B121BF664.jpeg

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
off topic but @kayla17 is there a SMTB for your avatar ring? looks very wow!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here is the Felicie chain with the Favorite.
I think it’s the MM size.
0653F5FF-5BA7-48C5-A515-98CC77FFDFE3.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You wear leather a lot so I'd skip a metal chain bc it could scratch up your leather jackets.

I think that you need to take a hike to the department stores and try bags on bc "lightweight" is relative. Vintage bags that stand the test of time tend to be made of more durable materials which can correlate with weight.

There should also be plenty of luxury consignment stores by you to check out.

charleston1

Shiny_Rock
I love my Gucci soho Disco bag. Very light and holds the perfect amount and not too flashy. I find it to be the perfect crossbody. It is the only higher end bag I own.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy you know how practical I am. I sold a lot of my LV bags and have kept only my favorites. This is the only small cross body that I like using anymore. Louis Vuitton Epi small Alma. I will look up some of my new favorites. I honestly don’t buy anything other than LV but I buy new bags so rarely now. It is a small structured bag with a solid bottom and little feet. I can send you more pics. It has an extra thick strap because I find thicker straps more comfortable. I don’t really like the LV monogram canvas styles anymore. I definitely prefer the styles that are all leather. This style is still being made but probably no longer in this navy color. Any bag I buy must be durable, not show wear, stains, pretty much waterproof, nothing that will change color, structured bottom or colllapse when I put stuff in it.
926B344A-3B3F-45E1-98B9-1555703ADD6A.jpeg 39E561F3-020A-4A03-8EAA-48DA319365CD.jpeg
CE9B0DA1-C41C-4376-8463-DC0BA6FB8A6D.jpeg
B59D0A86-41D4-4062-9E0B-4C8C74CCE098.jpeg CA50E12C-FACC-4F71-9313-296B6A4D1B92.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually really like the empriente Line. It is like embossed pebbled leather that is very thick but a little more soft than the harder Epi line. The leather is pebbled so it will not show scratches. If it gets wet it will not discolor. The styles are structured so it does not collapse. I will link a bunch of smaller styles. Each design comes in specific colors. The website will specify for each style. I would definitely go to the store and ask to see each style and try them on. I would also keep the webpage with the picture on your phone to show the sales people. There are many styles they do not display so they would need to go to the back to pull it out.

Very pretty with double handles and a cross
Shoulder option.
https://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/products/pont-neuf-mini-monogram-empreinte-012823#M41744

I think the following one would really suit you because it is one of the flatter styles in this leather.
https://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/products/pochette-metis-monogram-empreinte-nvprod630173v#M44245

Very cute style. Maybe too cute. I’ve tried it on and I loved it.
https://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/products/speedy-bandouliere-20-monogram-empreinte-013670#M42395

I love the style of this one. It’s got a retro feel but still modern.
https://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/products/junot-monogram-empreinte-nvprod200121v#M43144

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a large bag in this leather and a wallet and it’s very durable and sturdy yet flexible enough for easy use. If I were to buy another LV, I would only consider this line among its many lines.
23643173-3B9F-450B-A09E-504692F9754F.jpeg 783041B5-0A16-4072-8BD4-EA7E7A2A5D48.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy you might want to look into this company, I ordered from their kickstarter and I'm currently waiting for my navy "soft" bag.

https://silentgoods.com/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1887526527/silent-goods-luxury-craft-zero-branding-twice-the

Thanks Asscher. I checked it out and it looks beautiful. Signed up for their emails and info. Seems they are back ordered right now but definitely a possibility in the future. Thank you.

Thanks again @bludiva. Appreciate that.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second the Soho Disco. It's the perfect size and weight. It holds EVERYTHING despite its small size, and the leather wears very nicely. It's pebbled but soft.

I love my Gucci soho Disco bag. Very light and holds the perfect amount and not too flashy. I find it to be the perfect crossbody. It is the only higher end bag I own.

Thank you madelise and charleston. I checked out the Soho and I like it very much. Nice size and look. A definite possibility.

Forgot to mention Chloé.
I *think* my friend wears her marcie crossbody, but they have so many cute options
https://www.chloe.com/fr/sac-a-bandouliere_cod45393282an.html

Very nice, thanks Kipari. I think there's a PSer who loves Chloe very much. It's really pretty-love the look and it seems very functional too.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a few LV crossbody bags. I have the LV Bloomsbury in damier ebene, the Eva (or Evora?) in damier Ebene, the Favorite PM in monogram and the Favorite MM in damier azure. I also have another LV crossbody messenger but I can’t remember the name of the style. It looks like the Bloomsbury though but it’s monogram.
I love my Eva and favorites bc they can go from a shoulder bag to a crossbody/ messenger bag and fit just enough stuff. My cardholder, my iphone (7+), lipgloss, keys and gum. They look stylish enough to bring on date nights, but also when I am out with my kids I can just turn them into messenger bags.
I did buy the LV Felicie chain strap recently though bc I wanted a sturdier strap and I don’t like vachetta leather as it turns.
Below are the favorites in monogram and damier azur.
2F47041D-3392-433B-8918-654C4F15990D.jpeg 0EE25789-50C3-4FC7-AF9A-3A9A8728568C.jpeg 165D1F38-7994-4BFC-8262-C61B4DC9BFCC.jpeg C654DC8F-B34B-43CB-BA54-E8BE50A45E1B.jpeg

Kayla thank you for all the photos and descriptions. Love those bags. Very helpful thank you. Looks great on you too. Very sharp.
And your ring.:love:

@PintoBean thanks. As you know I love consignment stores and love rummaging through them. However most of our high end stores have closed and I haven't found anything decent in them for a long time. Will keep looking though. :sun:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy you know how practical I am. I sold a lot of my LV bags and have kept only my favorites. This is the only small cross body that I like using anymore. Louis Vuitton Epi small Alma. I will look up some of my new favorites. I honestly don’t buy anything other than LV but I buy new bags so rarely now. It is a small structured bag with a solid bottom and little feet. I can send you more pics. It has an extra thick strap because I find thicker straps more comfortable. I don’t really like the LV monogram canvas styles anymore. I definitely prefer the styles that are all leather. This style is still being made but probably no longer in this navy color. Any bag I buy must be durable, not show wear, stains, pretty much waterproof, nothing that will change color, structured bottom or colllapse when I put stuff in it.
926B344A-3B3F-45E1-98B9-1555703ADD6A.jpeg 39E561F3-020A-4A03-8EAA-48DA319365CD.jpeg
CE9B0DA1-C41C-4376-8463-DC0BA6FB8A6D.jpeg
B59D0A86-41D4-4062-9E0B-4C8C74CCE098.jpeg CA50E12C-FACC-4F71-9313-296B6A4D1B92.jpeg

Thanks LLJsmom. Love all those bags on you. Very smart looking and practical too. You know I am a sucker for function over form but the best of both worlds is to combine them and you have successfully done that with your collection. Appreciate you sharing the details again. I remember but sort of in a foggy way so thanks for reminding me. They look great on you.:love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy! :wavey:
I love my new Chanel Chevron Boy bag in caviar leather (my Mother's Day gift from DH :appl:) which I can easily wear as a crossbody. It's the large version.

IMG_5834.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy! :wavey:
I love my new Chanel Chevron Boy bag in caviar leather (my Mother's Day gift from DH :appl:) which I can easily wear as a crossbody. It's the large version.

IMG_5834.jpg

LOVE!!! Looks amazing on your @m-2-b :kiss2:
What a great dh.:love:
Thank you for sharing and THUD that ring:kiss2:. :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WOW to all the gorgeous bags!

I love fashion but I am also practical. When I bough a men's bag--it was on purpose. No heavy weighty chains, and no other weighty mental embellishments. I have lots of those bags and I find I get shoulder or neck pain. I use them and enjoy them, but change off.

Also I find the messenger style flat yet holds a lot. Utilitarian. Women's bags can be squared at the bottom even with a shoulder strap--and I hit the edges on doors, etc.

I like LV Epi leather--discreet in that no repeating logos. Mens grey Damlier nice. I have a mens belt in this pattern.

Anyway, I know you have lots of options. Would be great to find one at a vintage shop in great shape.

cheers--Sharon

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a fan of the LV Pochette Metis in black. I wish they would make this bag in Raisin, which is my absolute favorite color. I just noticed that they have a bag called the saintonge-too cute. Very close to my maiden name which means I may have to buy it. The only thing I currently own in LV is a pre loved wallet. I love love love it, and it happens to be raisin.

Mostly I wear kate spade and have several cross body bags. I love them all. Her bags that are a soft leather are the best. I also have a great cross body from Lo & Sons that I travel with. It fits well in my OG bag filled so its a win win for me.

Only the Lv would be considered high end I guess, but the kate spade and the Lo & Sons are very much quality bags.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a fan of the LV Pochette Metis in black. I wish they would make this bag in Raisin, which is my absolute favorite color. I just noticed that they have a bag called the saintonge-too cute. Very close to my maiden name which means I may have to buy it. The only thing I currently own in LV is a pre loved wallet. I love love love it, and it happens to be raisin.

Mostly I wear kate spade and have several cross body bags. I love them all. Her bags that are a soft leather are the best. I also have a great cross body from Lo & Sons that I travel with. It fits well in my OG bag filled so its a win win for me.

Only the Lv would be considered high end I guess, but the kate spade and the Lo & Sons are very much quality bags.

I am also eyeing the pochette Metis in the empriente I linked that for Missy. It’s a gorgeous bag irl. I may have to consider it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't ventured into the high end bags and probably won't, as a $200-500 crossbody from MK, Coach, Rebecca Minkoff, D&B, Tory Burch, etc. work really well for me, and I think the quality is plenty good for the length of time I'd keep a bag.

But I wanted to agree with your preference for a crossbody! I had bought a few of the above brands strictly for travel and had a larger purse (medium really) for regular use. But last summer I was using the most convenient of the crossbodys (black leather), and I just never switched back to my regular one! I used it all winter and now through the spring! I learned all I need in there is a few cards, a lipstick, keys, and phone, and not much else! It's so nice to be able to use two hands and not have to worry about a shoulder bag falling off my shoulder!

So a trendsetter I'll never be, because I don't need nor do I like anything about huge purses! I am just fine with small crossbody ones! I'll be watching what people recommend to you, though, because I'd pay more for one I really love!

This is my newest one (not high end, of course), and I think it is really pretty! The picture doesn't convey that well, though!

2018-04-22 16.12.53.png

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
that reminded me, there is a lady in SF who does custom bags, she worked for many years at Hermes i believe, no idea how much these are but may be another option.

http://www.aprilinparis.us/product-gallery

Where has she been all my life??? I am TOTALLY doing this!

I can never find a wallet large enough. Mine is roughly 8 x 4, and I want one 8.5 x 4.5 - but also thicker, with 2 coin zips on the inside and space for 5 million credit/ID/membership cards! And I always want a clear window somewhere, so I can see a photo of my DH. I have never come CLOSE to finding this!

COME TO MOMMA! :mrgreen:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 - i think you and I probably pitch to a similar level. I love Longchamp, and can imagine you using those.

I have 3 go-to bags. I have this one in natural, which I use when I want to throw in everything and the kitchen sink. It will also take my computer - along with a bunch of other things:

https://us.longchamp.com/products/roseau-heritage/tote-bag-l/l1881766001

This, when I want something really hardy and casual - and I wear it cross-body because I am with you, @missy, on needing my hands free:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WFPM5P6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And this one, which is my work-horse bag. I LOVE this bag. It's incredibly soft and supple and it's big without being huge, and has a very long strap which I wear cross-body - but which still sits at my lower thigh. I removed the shorter handle because i was never going to use it and thought it had too much going on, and now I absolutely love it. Gorgeous leather.

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/elizab...il_tran-_-032414-_-order_confirm-_-proddescr1

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do love a lot of Longchamp bags, too! Beautiful leather and many classic styles, decent prices. I like quality but I do not care too much about paying for popular high end brand names.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish designers would quit making bags with black linings. It takes an otherwise great bag and makes it unusable to me. Who wants a big black hole. I don't understand why bag makers don't get that.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've also been looking for a high end crossbody bag that I can use daily and for traveling. My daily crossbody bags don't fit enough for traveling and I don't feel comfortable/safe bringing something too high end. I saw a lady on a flight with this LV crossbody.
https://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/products/south-bank-besace-damier-ebene-nvprod620389v
It's not too big but still fits a decent amount, and it has zippers plus inner and outer pockets. Super functional! I'm thinking of getting it myself. Care to be bag twins? ;)2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results