shape
carat
color
clarity

Hidden Netflix Gem Thread

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finished Locke and Key. I really liked it! Kind of spooky at times, but interesting story. Too obvious set up for the next season IMO, but I'll still watch it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finished Locke and Key. I really liked it! Kind of spooky at times, but interesting story. Too obvious set up for the next season IMO, but I'll still watch it.

Me too. It was really enjoyable. Glad you liked it.

Watched something good on Amazon (I know it doesn't belong here but for @telephone89 ). It was an older movie but if you didn't see it maybe you would enjoy it. "Cutter".

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently Clare Foy didn’t want to carry on in the role of QEII @missy. I thought she was better than Olivia Coleman, I thought her accent was too overdone.

If you enjoyed The Stranger, you’ll enjoy Safe, also a Harlan Coben story, in fact, we thought it was better.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently Clare Foy didn’t want to carry on in the role of QEII @missy. I thought she was better than Olivia Coleman, I thought her accent was too overdone.

If you enjoyed The Stranger, you’ll enjoy Safe, also a Harlan Coben story, in fact, we thought it was better.

Loved Safe @Austina
And I agree about Claire Foy.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me too. It was really enjoyable. Glad you liked it.

Watched something good on Amazon (I know it doesn't belong here but for @telephone89 ). It was an older movie but if you didn't see it maybe you would enjoy it. "Cutter".

When I google it a few come up. Is it the one with Chuck Norris or the Korean one?

Also going to look up Safe since you both liked that one too.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I google it a few come up. Is it the one with Chuck Norris or the Korean one?

Also going to look up Safe since you both liked that one too.

Omg I’m so sorry. My mind is overwhelmed with health issues at the moment and I messed that up. It’s called “Final Cut” with Robin Williams. Sorry!!! Hope you enjoy Safe and Final Cut if you see it. Final Cut is on Amazon.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg I’m so sorry. My mind is overwhelmed with health issues at the moment and I messed that up. It’s called “Final Cut” with Robin Williams. Sorry!!! Hope you enjoy Safe and Final Cut if you see it. Final Cut is on Amazon.

Gotta say I was little concerned when a Chuck Norris movie came up LOL!!! I'll take a look on amazon later.

As for more Netflix, I've somehow gotten sucked into some weird British Interior design challenges. Maybe I have terrible taste but by golly some of them are awful. Anyways, a show that passes the time.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gotta say I was little concerned when a Chuck Norris movie came up LOL!!! I'll take a look on amazon later.

As for more Netflix, I've somehow gotten sucked into some weird British Interior design challenges. Maybe I have terrible taste but by golly some of them are awful. Anyways, a show that passes the time.

Oh, I love design and fashion shows. Have you seen First in Fashion? Wait, let me check that first. BRB.

Yup, it's called "First in Fashion" and while the hosts are sort of cheesy (trying hard to be funny) the designers are amazing! OMG I love them. If you ever watched "Project Runway" and liked it you will enjoy this. They are even (IMO) more talented than many of the "Project Runway" designers.

And haha yes you are so right @telephone89. The day I start recommending Chuck Norris movies is, well, a day something is quite off. :lol:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I did watch it! I love Tan France! I also enjoyed it more than project runway. I also liked that they had male and female models, made it more interesting.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I did watch it! I love Tan France! I also enjoyed it more than project runway. I also liked that they had male and female models, made it more interesting.

I agree! Love Tan France. His goofball fashion advice mini segments crack me up too.
But once again I made a mistake. We are watching "Next in Fashion" so as has been the case these past few weeks I am sleep deprived and getting things mixed up. But we are going to watch First in Fashion next. :appl:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just finished watching "How to Fix A Drug Scandal". Going to be honest the first couple of episodes are a little slow but by the third episode things really pick up. A good documentary if you can stick with it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Watched The Medici. Entertaining.

Tried to find To Sir with Love on Netflix but to no avail. Found it online, watched it on my laptop. Fav movie of all time. Watch it!!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Watched The Medici. Entertaining.

Tried to find To Sir with Love on Netflix but to no avail. Found it online, watched it on my laptop. Fav movie of all time. Watch it!!

cheers--Sharon

To Sir with Love is one of my fave movies of all time. I love Sidney Poitier ❤️

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To Sir with Love is one of my fave movies of all time. I love Sidney Poitier ❤

meeeee tooo MIssy. I have been wanting to watch it again for a long time. So well made. Just well done. Kleenex required!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dead to Me on Netflix. With Christina Applegate. Very entertaining.

Watching Into The Night now. So far enjoying it.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morocco in the time of love and war ....or words to that effect
watch in Spanish - its not dubbed into English well
very attractive people
Spanish men in uniform
set in the 1920s
lots of lovelly pearls

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madame C J Walker was really good.

Currently watching Hollywood, feel a bit meh about it tho’.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madame C J Walker was really good.

Currently watching Hollywood, feel a bit meh about it tho’.

We watched Hollywood. It was above average (I give it a 6.5 on a scale of 1-10) I thought and I enjoyed the period sets, costumes, cars etc. Greg enjoyed it more than I did however and gives it an 8 on a scale of 1-10. I just asked him lol.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dead to Me on Netflix. With Christina Applegate. Very entertaining.

Watching Into The Night now. So far enjoying it.

So I watched S1 sometime in April and just started the new season. Have you seen it? I'm very WTF with s2... not enjoying how disjointed it feels from s1.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
meeeee tooo MIssy. I have been wanting to watch it again for a long time. So well made. Just well done. Kleenex required!

I read it in a foxhole in 'Nam. Loved it.

Read it again when I got Stateside. Loved it again.

Made a point of seeing the movie, I agree that Sidney Poitier was incredible.

Wink

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I watched S1 sometime in April and just started the new season. Have you seen it? I'm very WTF with s2... not enjoying how disjointed it feels from s1.

Yes just watched it and you are so right. Season one was much better and season 2 has an entirely different feel to it. Still enjoyed the series overall but season one was better. I feel like we are running out of (good) things to watch on Netflix lol.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read it in a foxhole in 'Nam. Loved it.

Read it again when I got Stateside. Loved it again.

Made a point of seeing the movie, I agree that Sidney Poitier was incredible.

Wink

@canuk-gal and @Wink, One of my favorite Sidney Poitier movies is Guess Who's Coming to Dinner and 2 less well known movies he starred in that were amazing Lilies of the Field and A Patch of Blue.

Worth watching if you can find them.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes just watched it and you are so right. Season one was much better and season 2 has an entirely different feel to it. Still enjoyed the series overall but season one was better. I feel like we are running out of (good) things to watch on Netflix lol.

I loved S1 so was really excited. I'll still finish S2 though lol.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The miniseries "Hollywood" was great! For the fashions and jewellery alone! But I enjoyed the story, too. Hollywood in the time where racism and homophobia are being questioned.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watched Unorthodox on Netflix and have now watched it three times. I absolutely love it. I even watched the making of it. I even made my mom watch it and my kids watch it.
It’s a shorter mini series but it just fascinated me bc I worked for 10 years in an ultra orthodox jewish community.
I cry every time I watch the ending.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kayla17 i also enjoyed “Unorthodox” and cried at the ending.

Just finished “Selling Sunset” season 3 last night. Lol Christine’s wedding. Beautiful but just OTT with the snow falling and asking all the women to wear white. I didn’t love her black dress. Details lost in black. What I really don’t care for is her personality tho. Thank goodness for Mary and Amanza and Chrishelle. Anyway I enjoyed the season. Guilty pleasure. :)

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love on the Spectrum. I adore Michael.

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
I've really enjoyed "You".

It's a dark, boy meets girl rom-com, because the boy is a sociopathic serial killer.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kayla17 i also enjoyed “Unorthodox” and cried at the ending.

Just finished “Selling Sunset” season 3 last night. Lol Christine’s wedding. Beautiful but just OTT with the snow falling and asking all the women to wear white. I didn’t love her black dress. Details lost in black. What I really don’t care for is her personality tho. Thank goodness for Mary and Amanza and Chrishelle. Anyway I enjoyed the season. Guilty pleasure. :)

I was thinking about trying this!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results