shape
carat
color
clarity

Hi could I please have your opinion on the 2 stones below

cereal_diamond

Rough_Rock
Hello everybody,

I've been doing a little browsing lately and I've come across these 2 rocks. Would like to know what you think of them as I would like to choose one and have it set with 2 pear side stones (about 2 x .25ct or even 2 x .2ct) :)

Both are from whiteflash approx 1ct each, ones an ACA F VS1 while the other is from their expert selection F VVS2.

D1.jpg

D1b.jpg

D1d.jpg

untitled.JPG

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Hi could I please have your opinion on the 2 stones belo

Either would be a lovely choice :sun:

VS1, VVS - in these sizes there won't be any difference to the eyes, though of course you might simply prefer the higher clarity. Hearts pic looks fine.

Why not ask WF if they recommend one over the other for you?

What sort of pears are you thinking about? Long and skinny, short and fat?

cereal_diamond

Rough_Rock

Thanks Yssie! They haven't sent me a quote yet but yeps I'll be asking for their advice as well, they're abt the same price ;-) for the sides I prefer them short and fat but that's just my preference, I forgot to mention that to the guys at WF... will have to get back to them

slg47

Ideal_Rock

they both look great! I might be inclined to go with the ACA for mind-clean reasons since it is the same price as the ES. But both look to be absolutely gorgeous.

I would recommend looking at pictures of pear settings to determine which size you want...I have a 3-stone with pears and specifically wanted smaller pears that would look more like 'side stones' than a 'three stone'...so look at the size you prefer!

and then please come back with pics...I love 3-stones and can't wait to see yours :)

cereal_diamond

Rough_Rock

I was thinking the same for me its not so much VVS vs VS but more the WF ACA vs their ES even though I doubt I'd b able to tell the difference. I checked the report for the VVS2 though n it looks soooo clean :razz: the VS has a small cloud on the table near one of the corners but I'm not too worried abt that. For the side stones I'll have to size them compared to the centre stone to have a better idea. smaller pears would put alot more emphasis on the centre stone which isn't a bad thing :) I've checked out Brian Gavin's pictures and the 2 x .20cts look pretty gd on a 1ct, this is going to go on a 4.5 ring size so don't want it to get too crowded either... I'll have to choose vry carefully Thanks!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

cereal_diamond|1310140361|2964699 said:
I was thinking the same for me its not so much VVS vs VS but more the WF ACA vs their ES even though I doubt I'd b able to tell the difference. I checked the report for the VVS2 though n it looks soooo clean :razz: the VS has a small cloud on the table near one of the corners but I'm not too worried abt that. For the side stones I'll have to size them compared to the centre stone to have a better idea. smaller pears would put alot more emphasis on the centre stone which isn't a bad thing :) I've checked out Brian Gavin's pictures and the 2 x .20cts look pretty gd on a 1ct, this is going to go on a 4.5 ring size so don't want it to get too crowded either... I'll have to choose vry carefully Thanks!

Ask WF to double check that the stone is clean to your requirements - it's a branded stone that would have been thoroughly checked before being made part of the line, it's a VS and it's not huge so I wouldn't expect trouble, but it can't hurt to check esp. if you know you/she is particularly keen-eyed.

Sounds pretty :))

cereal_diamond

Rough_Rock

Just received the quote from WF and I must say its quite pricey at 3,550 in plat size 4.5 but then again its custom made. Anyway this had me checking BG website again and there I noticed the vry vry beautiful Grace 3 stone pears setting ::) I think I'm on to something here hehe I like the summer alot as well, n it looks alot like the tiffany ring! but I'll settle on that afterwards. More browsing and I came across 2 more stones :-o more headaches more choices more frustration hehe anyway just thought I'd post some more pics, both VS1 one's an F and the other's an E. They both have a few clouds and needles here and there but the cloud on the F (diamond to the left) looks a little visible to me... but then again should still be eye clean, what do you reckon? I've asked the folks at BG for a little more info!

Thanks again for all the advice ;))

untitled2.JPG

untitled3.JPG

untitled4.JPG

untitled5.JPG

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Either of those BGD stones would be lovely! Ouch on the $3.5k for WF setting...have no idea why it would be so expensive.
Definitly go wtih BGD.

And...my only comment on the BGD setting is I dont like how the pear v-prongs stick up way higher than the pears. I would
ask that they be more in-line with the stone but thats a personal issue and it may not bother you. Not sure why they do it
that way but if they dont have a good reasons besides looks then *I* would change it.

I like the way the V prongs dont stick up on this one (5 and 6 pictures down).
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-leon-mege-three-stone-reset.144489/#post-2606331#p2606331']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-leon-mege-three-stone-reset.144489/#post-2606331#p2606331[/URL]

Her is the BGD setting
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5557

cereal_diamond

Rough_Rock

Thanks Tyty! I know for that price I should just go with Leon Mege instead :(sad crazy inflation :knockout: I also find the BG setting a little high myself, gona ask if that can be altered to some extent or the reason why it's been designed that way but I would also like the pears and centre stone to sit lower like on the LM model.

Starshine great link, I was trying to get my hands on some extra pics of the grace setting :bigsmile:

slg47

Ideal_Rock

cereal_diamond|1310221658|2965454 said:
Thanks Tyty! I know for that price I should just go with Leon Mege instead :(sad crazy inflation :knockout: I also find the BG setting a little high myself, gona ask if that can be altered to some extent or the reason why it's been designed that way but I would also like the pears and centre stone to sit lower like on the LM model.

Starshine great link, I was trying to get my hands on some extra pics of the grace setting :bigsmile:

you can definitely get a lower setting. my setting is a custom from BGD (with pear side stones) and it is a little lower than their usual settings. if you want to make small changes it should be around the same price (check with them though)

BrianGavin_SqHearts2b_070160.jpg

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

Ooohh! You chose some pretty stones! The cloud that you saw on the BGD VS1 F should be completely eye clean, but if it's the same price as the E and you feel that stone 'feels' cleaner than I would do that direction. You don't want to be sitting home next month obsessing about the cloud you think that you can see if your stone! And I gotta tell ya....you just made me fall in love side stone pears! :love: cant wait to see pics!

cereal_diamond

Rough_Rock

So I decided to go with the standard Grace setting. PONYO's centre stone is alot bigger than the one I'm going with so they told me with my centre stone there wouldn't as much of a gap between ring n stone. Don't need any added stress so I'll let master Brian take care of the rest ::) In the end I opted for the E VS1... "mind" clean :razz: hehe quite alot more money $1500 more for an E :S but oh well, that's the one so no turning back now ;)) won't be able to post pics anytime soon coz I'm having the ring delivered elsewhere... additional stress but once I get it (December) I'll post some pics :bigsmile: thanks for all your help and advice!!!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

Ahhhh! Your going to be without that beauty until December?? ;( You are so much stronger than I am! ;)) I think that you made a great choice, and BGD does great work, so I think that you'll be very happy! Cant wait to see pics, even if we have to wait until December!

cereal_diamond

Rough_Rock

Okie dokie peeps, this post should probably be going in the show me the bling section but like I explained before, this ring still has a long way to go before it reaches me so I figured I'd at least share the pics I received today :mrgreen:

it's not as flush as Ponyo's (Her ring really hides the claws on the pears well, great proportions) but Iguess can always consider an upgrade at some point if she doesn't like it... but that's another story ;))

Anyway here's my precious... (maybe I should just keep it for myself n give her a CZ instead :lol: ) jkjk

Voilaaa

BrianGavin_PearSidestones2b_080311.jpg

BrianGavin_PearSidestones3_080311.jpg

BrianGavin_PearSidestones4_080311.jpg

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

That is amazing. :love: Wishing you lots of patience until December! You're a better person than I am!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

GORGEOUS ring!!! :love:

You have to wait 'til December? Good grief! :-o

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results