shape
carat
color
clarity

Hey Shimmer - Question for you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Were you ever able to get an additional photoshoot of your new yummy ring?
9.gif
It's pink yummyness deserves some more photos, LOL!

Also - I wanted to ask you if you're still loving your e-ring reset. Before I had my new ring made, I was thinking about getting something like the Tiffany Jazz for a band to pair with my original solitaire. I went another way, am not crazy about it, and am saving up to go back to a solitaire. *sigh* I ran a search and ran into your WF bezel band and am completely in love.

I know you changed your set a few times, and was just wondering if you were still loving it? I've fallen in love with the look (but with 6 prong, LOL), and while I'll be saving for a while before I can afford it, I keep coming back to it. And would you mind if I inquired about a similar band from WF?

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
wow, I totally missed this! My first page *blush*. I was just reading your other thread on upgrades and went to search to find your before/after pics and saw this!

Now, to the important questions...I did another photo shoot in SMTR, here did you see that? I haven''t done any more hand shots as my nails are awful right now. But I am getting a tripod soon and my nails done, so I think that calls for ANOTHER one, right?!

I am totally loving the solitaire!!! SO GLAD I WENT BACK, lol (I just had to shout it). I do waiver b/n the 6 prong/4 prong decision (first ring was six, now four). The advantage is that I can see more of my diamond, but I do miss the pronounced round shape.

The bezel band is to die for! I''m not married yet, but I wear it around the house and I am so happy with it, I know I will love it forever...
21.gif
I really think those tiny ACAs give my ering a run for its money, they are so darn sparkly! I would be so happy if you (or anyone else) got the same band, I totally don''t mind!!!

Hope this helped! Yay, I''m so excited to see what you get
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock

Hooray!!! I did see your photoshoot and fell in love with the band all over again. I didn''t want to steal anyone''s design though, LOL!

I had a real heart to heart with DH last night and finally let him know what I really wanted. I showed him the pics of your ring (your stone is an .83, mine is a .75, so there''s not a huge difference, which was nice!) with your band and he LOVED it. He was all, "I really like that! Why didn''t you do that in the first place?!" I just stared at him for a moment and finally told him that I wanted a change but didn''t think we could afford the band, so I went with my funky reset instead. I was laughed at (in a nice way, LOL) and told to please get what I want (finances willing). We''re waiting to see what his next bonus looks like before making a decision.

I''m a 6 prong girl through and through. I love the Legato setting from the side, but there''s just something about the 4 prong from the top that doesn''t make me go YAY! I''m thinking about the Stuller Solstice, peg set so it will sit flush with a band.

I''m so glad you don''t mind if I bug WF about making me a replica of your ring! Do you mind if I include pics of your CADs and the WF pics of your band? I might ask them to make it a little closer to 2mm. Haven''t decided yet.

I''m going to a jewelry show at the end of Sept, and DH has requested that I hold off on a setting purchase until after I go, on the off chance that I run into something there I like better. Wise man, my hubby, LOL!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
I just emailed Jamie at WF about getting a quote for a solitaire w/ matching plain band and a bezel band like yours.
9.gif
I have to wait until October though, LOL. DH''s orders. Makes sense to me, since I change my mind so often.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 12:46:43 PM
Author: geckodani
9.gif
I just emailed Jamie at WF about getting a quote for a solitaire w/ matching plain band and a bezel band like yours.
9.gif
I have to wait until October though, LOL. DH''s orders. Makes sense to me, since I change my mind so often.
WOOOOHOOOOO!!!
36.gif

Congratulations!

LS

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks LS! I''ll keep you all posted!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/26/2008 8:12:28 AM

Hooray!!! I did see your photoshoot and fell in love with the band all over again. I didn''t want to steal anyone''s design though, LOL!

I had a real heart to heart with DH last night and finally let him know what I really wanted. I showed him the pics of your ring (your stone is an .83, mine is a .75, so there''s not a huge difference, which was nice!) with your band and he LOVED it. He was all, ''I really like that! Why didn''t you do that in the first place?!'' I just stared at him for a moment and finally told him that I wanted a change but didn''t think we could afford the band, so I went with my funky reset instead. I was laughed at (in a nice way, LOL) and told to please get what I want (finances willing). We''re waiting to see what his next bonus looks like before making a decision.

I''m a 6 prong girl through and through. I love the Legato setting from the side, but there''s just something about the 4 prong from the top that doesn''t make me go YAY! I''m thinking about the Stuller Solstice, peg set so it will sit flush with a band.

I''m so glad you don''t mind if I bug WF about making me a replica of your ring! Do you mind if I include pics of your CADs and the WF pics of your band? I might ask them to make it a little closer to 2mm. Haven''t decided yet.

I''m going to a jewelry show at the end of Sept, and DH has requested that I hold off on a setting purchase until after I go, on the off chance that I run into something there I like better. Wise man, my hubby, LOL!
I have been painting my house, sorry to take so long to get back.

I think the Stuller solstice is beautiful!!! Definately one of my top favorite solitaires. You can totally include my pics, CADs...anything that helps. I asked WF to make it thinner, the minimum they would do is 2.5mm though, maybe you''ll have some luck? I know that Tacori''s Bev K bezeled sapphire band is 2mm, so it can be done.

Ohh, have fun at the jewelry show...they don''t have those here
7.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 1:18:32 PM
Author: shimmer

Date: 8/26/2008 8:12:28 AM

I had a real heart to heart with DH last night and finally let him know what I really wanted. I showed him the pics of your ring (your stone is an .83, mine is a .75, so there''s not a huge difference, which was nice!) with your band and he LOVED it. He was all, ''I really like that! Why didn''t you do that in the first place?!'' I just stared at him for a moment and finally told him that I wanted a change but didn''t think we could afford the band, so I went with my funky reset instead. I was laughed at (in a nice way, LOL) and told to please get what I want (finances willing). We''re waiting to see what his next bonus looks like before making a decision.

I have been painting my house, sorry to take so long to get back.

I think the Stuller solstice is beautiful!!! Definately one of my top favorite solitaires. You can totally include my pics, CADs...anything that helps. I asked WF to make it thinner, the minimum they would do is 2.5mm though, maybe you''ll have some luck? I know that Tacori''s Bev K bezeled sapphire band is 2mm, so it can be done.

Ohh, have fun at the jewelry show...they don''t have those here
7.gif
Thanks! I will.
1.gif

I posted a bunch of solitaires over on RT, trying to pick one!!! Help! (If you want). I love your legato... but I''m just not a 4 prong girl, LOL!

Oh - Have you found a coordinator in Maui yet? We got married on Maui and our gal was amazing!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
No! Who was your coordinator (and other vendors)???? I am so stuck...do you have a wedding thread? *runs to RT*

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 8:58:08 PM
Author: shimmer
No! Who was your coordinator (and other vendors)???? I am so stuck...do you have a wedding thread? *runs to RT*
No, I got married long before Pricescope. Precious Maui Weddings The name is horrible, Deanne is amazing! We got married in the Maui Tropical Plantation. Reception was the Luaua at the Hyatt.
9.gif
Just request a photographer OTHER than Nancy Nelson - she was the only annoying part of the whole experience!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks so much! That really helps with planning, I want to stay at the Hyatt too! Did you make special arrangements for the luau, or just show up to their regular one?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
We bought tickets for everyone that was coming. If you have a lot of people, the Drums of the Pacific Luau at the Hyatt is great. With a smaller party, I''d do the Feast at LeLe in Lahaina. Better food and booze, but a smaller setting. You should totally check it out either way!

The luau was totally the way to go - no paying for a bar, or tables, or chairs, just a flat fee for everyone, there was TONS of food and desserts, and I didn''t have to worry about any of it!
36.gif
Totally stress free.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
This is so not in the right forum anymore, LOL. I''ll pop onto your thread about your family and post some wedding pics. Gimme a minute...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results