shape
carat
color
clarity

Maui Wedding Photos for Shimmer - or anyone else interested!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
These are 2 years old... Woza - I had hair! And it was blonde! LOL! (It''s pixie cut and red now). We got married at the Maui Tropical Plantation. We used Precious Maui Weddings to coordinate the whole thing. The "reception" was the Drums of the Pacific Luaua at the Hyatt.

geckodaniwedding.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
1.gif

geckodaniwedding1.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Ugh. Copies of copies....

geckodaniwedding2.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
1.gif

geckodaniwedding3.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Luaua!

geckodaniluaua.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
And... 2 years later on our Anniversary at the zoo. If you want pics of anything else wedding related, let me know and I''ll dig them up!

ZooGD1!.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful pictures
30.gif
30.gif
Happy 2 year anniversary
36.gif
36.gif
Thanks for sharing, you 2 are so beautiful!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 4:50:23 PM
Author: Skippy123
Wow, beautiful pictures
30.gif
30.gif
Happy 2 year anniversary
36.gif
36.gif
Thanks for sharing, you 2 are so beautiful!
Awww. Thanks! We''re silly buggers too:

zoosilly.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
OM goodness, your hubby is Hilarious!! hehe
36.gif

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for posting these. Your pictures are beautiful. FI and I are considering a destination wedding, and I''d love to do Maui. Did you like the coordinators you used? How close is the plantation to the beach...could you walk, or did you have to drive on the way to the reception?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 5:15:34 PM
Author: Skippy123
OM goodness, your hubby is Hilarious!! hehe
36.gif
Yeah... he''s a nutcase, LOL!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 5:30:45 PM
Author: BriBee
Thanks for posting these. Your pictures are beautiful. FI and I are considering a destination wedding, and I''d love to do Maui. Did you like the coordinators you used? How close is the plantation to the beach...could you walk, or did you have to drive on the way to the reception?
Thanks! Our coordinator Deanne was AMAZING. I highly recommend them. My only suggestion would be to request a photogropher OTHER than Nancy Nelson. She took great photos but was a pain.

The plantation is about 30 - 45 minutes from the beach. We didn''t get married right on the beach because all beaches in Hawaii are public- and we wanted a more isolated locale.
1.gif
The site for Precious Maui Weddings has a TON of other venues though!

If you have a lot of people, the Drums of the Pacific Luau at the Hyatt is great for a luaua. With a smaller party, I''d do the Feast at LeLe in Lahaina. Better food and booze, but a smaller setting. You should totally check it out either way!
The luau was totally the way to go - no paying for a bar, or tables, or chairs, just a flat fee for everyone, there was TONS of food and desserts, and I didn''t have to worry about any of it! Totally stress free.

BUT - if you want the whole reception/dj/cake experience, you''d probably want to do a separate reception.
1.gif

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yay yay yay!!!! Thank you so much for posting these
36.gif
Your wedding looked gorgeous! I love the goofy pics, and your red hair!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful wedding; what a great location!

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 5:30:45 PM
Author: BriBee

When we were considering a destination wedding, we talked a lot with White Orchid weddings (www.whiteorchidweddings.com). They have tons of different sites, but the prettiest one (IMO) is a private beachhouse. The ceremony/reception site is a small bluff overlooking the ocean and you can walk down to the private beach. They were great to work with and coordiate EVERYTHING for you.

Good Luck!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I looked at White Orchid Weddings.
1.gif
They had some nice locations!

Fun story: When I was 8, we were in Maui, at the plantation. I saw a wedding going on and proclaimed to my family, "I''m going to get married here!"

Now, I had forgotten all about this, picked my wedding site, then told my mom. She just stared at me for a minute before relaying the story I just told. I guess it was destined to be!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/29/2008 9:24:38 PM
Author: geckodani
I looked at White Orchid Weddings.
1.gif
They had some nice locations!

Fun story: When I was 8, we were in Maui, at the plantation. I saw a wedding going on and proclaimed to my family, ''I''m going to get married here!''

Now, I had forgotten all about this, picked my wedding site, then told my mom. She just stared at me for a minute before relaying the story I just told. I guess it was destined to be!

Aww, that is so cute!

SeattleSweetheart

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful wedding you had!
9.gif
You both look so happy.

Congratulations on your two year anniversary!
36.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Such a romantic location; and you are a lovely bride!
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful wedding photos! And congratulations on your 2 year anniversary!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!! Happy anniversary!
5.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful wedding, Dani! I just got married in Maui last month and have been trying to resize the pictures to put here on PS. The plantation looked beautiful! I wanted to visit there but we ran out of time!

Thanks for sharing!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
SeattleSweetheart - Thank you!

AdiS - It really was romantic. The whole thing was just unreal. Thank you!

Bee - Thanks! I can''t believe it''s been 2 years already!

SarahLovesJS - Thanks!

Harleigh- Aloha! Congrats on your wedding! The plantation was a lot of fun.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results