shape
carat
color
clarity

hey girls....would your husband wear a diamond ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
No - he actually got offered a men''s ring with a 3 ct RB in it, but he said he would never wear it (it was a family heirloom). So, his mom turned it in to a pretty pendant. Unfortunately, this was before we met, because even though the diamond was not a great cut, I would have suggested that he accept it & then recut the 3 ct diamond into a smaller, nicer stone. Still, his mom got a gorgeous pendant out of it! :)

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He''s into metal work but not stones so I doubt it, but I wouldn''t be shocked if he came home with a just right, arty diamond ring. He does like Leon''s work actually and considers it to be a work of art. Leon must have a great photographer for him to say that!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Nate definitely would not wear a diamond ring. Now moi? I would. I''m waiting for the day he surprises me with a channel set band because he knows exactly what I want.

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
In his words : "Heck No!"

Lol, I''m glad that I get to be the only bling wearer in our relationship!

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
We are considering this ring. here is the description

Oro Diamante is adorned with approximately 1/2 carat total weight of baguette diamonds channel set in tasteful brushed white gold.

To our surprise it look''s soooooooooooooo awesome on his hand. He wants something not to wide. or that gets less wide on the palm side of his finger.

this one was 6MM

lees ring.jpeg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 3:27:19 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 1/8/2009 1:20:50 PM
Author: princesss
Not

A

Snowball''s

Chance.

BF wouldn''t be caught dead in most jewelry, let alone something that *gasp* sparkled. That''s okay, though. I''m not sure I could handle a guy with better bling than me!
This made me laugh outloud. :)
Glad I could make you smile. :)

Lauralu, that is a GORGEOUS band.

Penn, what shape stone for your band?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 4:53:24 PM
Author: lauralu
We are considering this ring. here is the description

Oro Diamante is adorned with approximately 1/2 carat total weight of baguette diamonds channel set in tasteful brushed white gold.

To our surprise it look''s soooooooooooooo awesome on his hand. He wants something not to wide. or that gets less wide on the palm side of his finger.

this one was 6MM
That looks great!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
No, it''s not his style and he''d feel guilty that I didn''t have it.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. And he wouldn''t wear an earring either!
38.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Nope. Never. No way. lol

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
thanks princess and gecko

He was not looking for diamonds in a band. However, this one was stunning, and handsome, loved the brushed metal.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
no, but I did try! I really only tried for it because I was hoping to have a nice view across the dinner table
31.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
Nope. Not his thing.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Yes, he does. He has two. A 1/3 ct brown diamond ring with diamond side stones, and a 2 ct rough diamond tension set in Damascus steel.

He likes his bling.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 4:57:18 PM
Date: 1/8/2009 3:27:19 PM

Date: 1/8/2009 1:20:50 PM

Not

A

Snowball''s

Chance.

BF wouldn''t be caught dead in most jewelry, let alone something that *gasp* sparkled. That''s okay, though. I''m not sure I could handle a guy with better bling than me!

This made me laugh outloud. :)

Glad I could make you smile. :)

Lauralu, that is a GORGEOUS band.

Penn, what shape stone for your band?

You know, I think just classic solitaires, but my favorite cut is asscher.

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
at first he was adamant that his band had no bling. but after we had our rings made i managed to persuade him to add in sapphires (his fav) and diamonds (my fav) in his band - and after we received it he actually tells me ''i love my sparklies!''

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Yep, Ken has diamonds in his wedding ring and two other really nice diamond rings. He wears his Rolex every day and it has diamonds in the dial.

He doesn''t wear the two diamond rings very often, but will wear them when we go to Vegas....he likes to look like a high roller...LOL!
9.gif

Lori

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
No D wouldn''t. I wanted to get a hidden diamond in his wedding band and he thought that was a crazy idea!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Yes. His WB has 6 .05ct diamonds. It''s still elegant and manly and it suits him.

IMG_1761%20(Medium).JPG

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
ooooooo anchor........that is very nice.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
No. He wanted simple and unadorned for his band.

moogle

Rough_Rock
HTB might get some small diamonds in his wedding band, but if you mean as in a solitaire or something like that, he would never wear it! -Although sometimes he puts my e-ring on his pinky finger for fun hehe.
25.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
FI would in a heartbeat! That''s his preference. Something subtle and classy.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I love the ring you''re considering for your husband, Laurelau... it looks just perfect!

My husband lost his original band a couple of weeks into our marriage *gasp!!*

It is our fifth anniversary today, I wanted to replace it - but he flatly refused.

In fact, he told me that if I ever bought any jewellery for him, he would throw it over the back fence into the neighbour''s yard!!!!
23.gif

So I guess that''s a ''no'' then, he won''t wear diamonds!

anyname

Shiny_Rock
not at all. He doesn''t *get* jewelry much to my chagrin.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Yep. He had a .10 ct stone set in his wedding band. He said if I get diamonds, then so does he. (I don''t think he would wear any other stones though, just that one in his wb)

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 7:09:03 AM
Date: 1/8/2009 4:42:26 PM

Author: pennquaker09

Nate definitely would not wear a diamond ring. Now moi? I would. I''m waiting for the day he surprises me with a channel set band because he knows exactly what I want.

My former instructor''s partner gave him the most incredible 3.3ct rb in a custom plat setting.. I had serious ring envy. lol It was stunning. I should have taken photos.

Penn, how wide do you want your band to be? What shape diamonds? *** I just read your answer. lol
20.gif
Silly me!

Have you ever seen Elton John''s ring? It''s like a custom designed Chopard creation. I''m not in love with it because it''s pretty big, but the diamonds are set and I like that about it. I also like David Beckham''s ring.

My current ring is 6mm (a plain Lucida band) and I like the width of it. I have small hands so I wouldn''t want something huge.

Did you''re friends ring look feminine?

laineybugger

Shiny_Rock
My husband just wanted a plain tungsten band, it looks good on his hand. But I would love to sneak a little diamond into it like Marian had done to her husbands.

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Nope.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Not a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results