shape
carat
color
clarity

Hesitate to post but I cant help

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rubybrick... I have had two rings made by DK's uber bench, and they were both spectacular. I have the utmost confidence that he can make a ring with the same aesthetic as the EW solitaire.
Here one of the rings he made for me...
DK Halo Green Xanax.jpg DK Halo 8.jpg DK Halo 5.jpg
...and with my CVB Jovyn
DK Halo with CVB ering 1.jpg

Attachments

• DK Halo 4.jpg
    DK Halo 4.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 19
  • DK Halo_IG_2.jpg
    DK Halo_IG_2.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 21

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rubybrick... I have had two rings made by DK's uber bench, and they were both spectacular. I have the utmost confidence that he can make a ring with the same aesthetic as the EW solitaire.
Here one of the rings he made for me...
DK Halo Green Xanax.jpg DK Halo 8.jpg DK Halo 5.jpg
...and with my CVB Jovyn
DK Halo with CVB ering 1.jpg

I still gasp when I see that OEC halo!!! DK's work is beautiful. I am sure that he can make a fabulous ring for you @Rubymal!

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You guys, thanks so much for all your very helpful inputs. I am now leaning heavily on getting this ring set with Erika, it sounds crazy to even say it. I just don’t want to have any doubts about what ifs and should have down the line if I am spending a lot of money on a custom setting. I am not an upgrade person, and truthfully will probably never feel comfortable wearing a large rock that is more “worthwhile” for such a setting :eek2:! I already know details with regards to proportions will eventually bother me, and it’s just too much stress/risk for me to design it...

One last question, should I set the diamond EW or NS?? Here it is in its current setting. 3ADB8B50-8A04-430A-B6F5-E4E564C17B02.jpeg

Oh and with regard to CVB design, her designs are beautiful but a bit more on the “too floral” side for this project.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You guys, thanks so much for all your very helpful inputs. I am now leaning heavily on getting this ring set with Erika, it sounds crazy to even say it. I just don’t want to have any doubts about what ifs and should have down the line if I am spending a lot of money on a custom setting. I am not an upgrade person, and truthfully will probably never feel comfortable wearing a large rock that is more “worthwhile” for such a setting :eek2:! I already know details with regards to proportions will eventually bother me, and it’s just too much stress/risk for me to design it...

One last question, should I set the diamond EW or NS?? Here it is in its current setting. 3ADB8B50-8A04-430A-B6F5-E4E564C17B02.jpeg

Oh and with regard to CVB design, her designs are beautiful but a bit more on the “too floral” side for this project.
She designs her settings and loves to come up with something original. That being said, I am afraid that she will probably be out of budget, depending on the design that you choose. Some of her older pieces have a very delicate finesse similar to EW's work. You should check out her IG or Etsy shop, she can create a wide range of aesthetics

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Once upon a time I wanted a pair of bar earrings.
A pretty basic design - I really could have had any number of vendors make them.
But something about Erika's take on this "pretty basic design" made me keep coming back to her version...
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-blooming-erika-winters-collection.237200/
I love everything about them. They're not my most worn earrings - that title goes to my studs (which Erika also did the settings for) - but they're in my top five :kiss2:

Erika, well, she's pricey. No question about it. Whether or not her pricing is "worth" it of course depends on what you're looking for for this specific project at this specific time! I feel like I really understand where you're coming from and it doesn't sound crazy to me - sometimes I'll start out with an idea, and a budget in mind, but the budget becomes fluid as the idea solidifies... I'm willing to pay X to have Vendor ABC do Something, but willing to pay Y to have Vendor DEF do it in their unique way, and X and Y might be quite different! Heck - what I'm willing to pay Vendor DEF to do that Something might be different in January and June! So my take on it is - definitely don't go over what you're comfortable with, no jewellery or jeweller is worth feeling guilty about spending too much on!! But I don't think it's weird to feel differently about spending a given dollar amount on different circumstances within that comfort band.

I will say that Erika's communication is excellent and her turnaround is quick - so part of what you're paying for is a short and stress-free experience. I would definitely recommend at least reaching out and requesting a quote, and if you have a specific budget definitely let her know - perhaps the setting can be altered in a way to bring it under budget if the quote is more than what you're looking to spend on this project right now ::)

Last edited:

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Once upon a time I wanted a pair of bar earrings.
A pretty basic design - I really could have had any number of vendors make them.
But something about Erika's take on this "pretty basic design" made me keep coming back to her version...
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-blooming-erika-winters-collection.237200/
I love everything about them. They're not my most worn earrings - that title goes to my studs (which Erika also did the settings for) - but they're in my top five :kiss2:

Erika, well, she's pricey. No question about it. Whether or not her pricing is "worth" it of course depends on what you're looking for for this specific project at this specific time! I feel like I really understand where you're coming from and it doesn't sound crazy to me - sometimes I'll start out with an idea, and a budget in mind, but the budget becomes fluid as the idea solidifies... I'm willing to pay X to have Vendor ABC do Something, but willing to pay Y to have Vendor DEF do it in their unique way, and X and Y might be quite different! Heck - what I'm willing to pay Vendor DEF to do that Something might be different in January and June! So my take on it is - definitely don't go over what you're comfortable with, no jewellery or jeweller is worth feeling guilty about spending too much on!! But I don't think it's weird to feel differently about spending a given dollar amount on different circumstances within that comfort band.

I will say that Erika's communication is excellent and her turnaround is quick - so part of what you're paying for is a short and stress-free experience. I would definitely recommend at least reaching out and requesting a quote, and if you have a specific budget definitely let her know - perhaps the setting can be altered in a way to bring it under budget if the quote is more than what you're looking to spend on this project right now ::)

She already got back to me with her quote. It confirms what’s suggested here. PS have very good pulse on the market:lol:

I think I just need to pull the trigger.... right now I am leaning setting the diamond EW orientation.. seems a bit less engagement ring like. Maybe more stackable?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm always pro E/W :mrgreen2:

Hah. I meant East/West. I'm also always pro Erika/Winters though.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She already got back to me with her quote. It confirms what’s suggested here. PS have very good pulse on the market:lol:

I think I just need to pull the trigger.... right now I am leaning setting the diamond EW orientation.. seems a bit less engagement ring like. Maybe more stackable?

It will definitely be more stackable in E/W... however, if you like N/S better, you can stack if you have the head raised and/or a space made for more flush wear of bands.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results