shape
carat
color
clarity

Herringbone bracelets

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
Which do you like? Small or large? & why do you like the small or the large bracelet? Is this a good bracelet to invest in? Both are 14k gold. I’m kind of liking the larger one...

Here’s a pic
661AFF80-6057-42FB-BCE6-E72B4189A83E.jpeg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMHO, it depends on the wearer's individual taste, style and frame.

I don't like delicate and thin bracelets or watches as my wrists are chunky.

Hence I would opt for the thicker of the two bracelets, given the choices.

Personal preferences and all that.

DK :))

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I too prefer the thicker of the two.It shows off the beautiful, slinky appearance of the gold style=)2

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I like them both. Probably the thinner one best because it looks shinier (from the photo, at least).

That said, I had a thick herringbone necklace years ago. It got all kinked and I ended up scrapping it. So, especially for the wrist, I'd probably get something with more sturdy construction. Then again, you might be more careful with your stuff than I am!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Concur about this style of chain once kinked would stay kinked, and not very forgiving.

I only have a costume version so that I do not need to baby it.

DK :))

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
I like them both. Probably the thinner one best because it looks shinier (from the photo, at least).

That said, I had a thick herringbone necklace years ago. It got all kinked and I ended up scrapping it. So, especially for the wrist, I'd probably get something with more sturdy construction. Then again, you might be more careful with your stuff than I am!

Does kinked mean like "wrinkled" or with a "ridge" in it? Genuinely curious before I make a purchase...

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
Question: if you were wearing a herringbone bracelet w/ multiple bracelets: would a thinner one be better?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Does kinked mean like "wrinkled" or with a "ridge" in it? Genuinely curious before I make a purchase...

I'm not sure how to describe it or what you mean exactly by "wrinkled" vs. a "ridge." It got twisted out of shape somehow and couldn't be fixed. So, personally, I'd get a bangle or cuff or chain that was more simply constructed (and therefore more fixable if it broke).

As for your question about wearing a herringbone bracelet with other bracelets, I wouldn't wear either with other bracelets. I think herringbone chains are made up of lots of thin, interconnected chains so easily bent, kinked, etc. And wrists get knocked into things etc. more than necklaces, even without other jewelry. I don't think it's a very "hardy" piece. JMHO.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
To wear alone, I’d get the thicker of the 2. Ring concierge is having 20% off for Black Friday in a week, earlier if you are signed up to her mail shots

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure how to describe it or what you mean exactly by "wrinkled" vs. a "ridge." It got twisted out of shape somehow and couldn't be fixed.

When herringbones get that kink, correct it by rolling an ink pen over the kink like a rolling pin.

LIGemzGal

Shiny_Rock
Haven't seen herringbone anything in a good many years. Are they making a come back? I know they were prone to kinking up and being easily dented back then. People either loved or hated them. Id say start with the smaller to see how it wears. If you like then you can get a larger in a different color. And wear both for a layered look, which seems to be trending these days.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results