shape
carat
color
clarity

Here''s the dress my cousin likes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another ditto for Aurelia''s post. If this kind of thing is going to bother you, I just wouldn''t discuss your wedding plans with her. Then it would be impossible for her to copy.

The bottom half of your dress is very similar to hers...but quite frankly I think people will only notice how skanky the top half of her dress is to even notice the similarities of the bottoms LOL!!! It''s a bit more cleavage than is appropriate at a wedding.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
The bodice of hers looks like some of the shirts I used to wear to dance clubs like 5 years ago when I was REALLY much skinner and more........uh.........gutsy lol.

That dress, by NO means is wedding-y enough. At least for me. Even if I had that very model''s body, I would NEVER even look at a dress like knowing that my whole family will be looking at me in it on my wedding day.

If I were you...I''d HOPE she wears that exact dress because, in all honesty, that kind of dress is in my opinion is very much in the minority....thus distancing itself from yours (or any of the classic/traditional....strapless/ballgown....like mine....like yours.......like 60% of other dresses) SO much. Hence....you have a very distinctness between the two of you and her kind of distinction will be QUITE unique. (but not so much on the good side if you know what i mean).

Goodness, I know she''s family and all............but WHAT was she thinking? She wants to look HOT on her wedding day? Not beautiful and timeless?

Also, with her girls hanging out, no one will look at her face first or even the rest of the dress! lol

My best to you!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
What someone likes and what they end up buying are 2 different things. Even if she does get that one, the similarities won''t be obvious because you 2 probably have different physiques, height, veils, etc. Besides everyone''s eyes will be focused on the pludging neckline and cleavage on her! They won''t notice the detail of the dress!

lilmissjaja

Rough_Rock
I think you dress is.. wayy... wayy... mroe lovely than the one she likes.

And like just like what others say, nobody will remember her dress, cause her cleavage will take the center attention of everyone :razz:

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are extemely similar but yours is 1000 times nicer. If she''s well endowed as well the dress that she is looking at would be very inapproriate for a wedding! As someone who has quite a bit up top I wouldnt even wear that top to a club! I agree with others though, much as you want to talk about your wedding stuff, I would make sure that none of it gets back to your cousin

Cheekyprincess

Shiny_Rock
Robbie, I am a little worried for you about something. Your cousin is planning her wedding- what are the chances she visits this site? Or a friend/bridesmaid visits it? It is a very popular site, wouldn''t take much to stumble across, and it is going to be extremely obvious who you are, and who you are talking about.

I know you need to vent, but I am worried it will all turn on you should she find out,

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Look, most wedding dresses are of a certain type and had she NOT seen your dress I might be willing to say it was total coincidence. But she did see yours and I would say fron now on DO NOT talk about the details of your wedding. Be very general and very vague. If she presses you, say, Oh, I would really like to keep some things more private right now as I am sure you can relate to, since you are going through this too." Just refuse to get sucked in to any conversations that involve details of your day...you can listen to her if you like, but do not give out any information...

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2006 8:54:00 AM
Author: Cheekyprincess
Robbie, I am a little worried for you about something. Your cousin is planning her wedding- what are the chances she visits this site? Or a friend/bridesmaid visits it? It is a very popular site, wouldn't take much to stumble across, and it is going to be extremely obvious who you are, and who you are talking about.

I know you need to vent, but I am worried it will all turn on you should she find out,
Thanks for the responses everyone! Cheeky, I thought about her or her BMs finding my posts too, but out of her BMs, our cousins are the only ones who know me, so I'm not worried about one of her other ones finding my posts and knowing I'm talking about her. Also, I really haven't said anything bad about her since the flower girl post. I really don't think she's doing anything to intentionally upset me. I definitely didn't say that I don't like her dress or think that she'll look stupid or anything, because that wouldn't be true. I was kind of worried that it would look like I copied her dress since our weddings are so close together, but I think it would be very bridezilla of me to tell her what type of wedding dress she can or can't buy. I really just needed someplace to vent to since I can't say anything about the dress to FI since it is really simliar to mine and her wedding is first. I know they're different and that even if it was the same dress we'd still look really different in them, but FI doesn't want to know ANYTHING (he's very adament about this) about what I'm wearing. I'm kind of worried about what will happen if she does get the dress and he makes a comment about not liking a certain part of it, like the pleats or something since he won't know that mine has them too.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/22/2006 9:59:37 AM
Author: robbie3982

I know they''re different and that even if it was the same dress we''d still look really different in them, but FI doesn''t want to know ANYTHING (he''s very adament about this) about what I''m wearing. I''m kind of worried about what will happen if she does get the dress and he makes a comment about not liking a certain part of it, like the pleats or something since he won''t know that mine has them too.
Robbie, he''s a guy. Do guys even know what pleats are?
5.gif
Seriously, I think you''re worrying waaaay to much about this. Cross it off your list and worry about something else for a while.
2.gif

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
wow I can''t believe that girl.. she''s a copycat

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
If she ends up getting it then you can always wear your old gown.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Don''t worry robbie, I think your dress is a hundred times more beautiful and classier... All people will see of her dress (if she gets this one) is her boobs hanging out of it!
14.gif
You shouldn''t have to change dresses just because of her.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo! She tried it on and doesn''t like it! She left me a message about it. She found another that she does like, but I haven''t looked up what it is yet.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Problem solved!
28.gif
Stop worrying and stop talking about your weddings to each other... It''ll avoid a lot of issues.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results