shape
carat
color
clarity

Here we go on the house hunt again...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, we''re in the ecstatic, need to pee kind of phase right now.
9.gif

We''re not under official contract yet because I have to have the check I made as our "earnest money" changed into a certified funds check from our bank. We also have to get the official addendum from the bank, but then we''ll be set to get rolling with inspections, termite checks and the fun stuff like that.
9.gif
9.gif

Oooh, and we went back to the house today with the realtor and guess what? Their is paint in the basement for every color the home has in it, so any touch ups needed can be done quick as anything! Yay!

This is kind of sad, though: I was going through every single cabinet and drawer today, to check on everything I could think of as I dreamed of where *our* stuff will go in all the cubbies of the home. When I opened the dish washer, I found it to be full of clean dishes. Makes me think about the family that was foreclosed on, and that they lived a life of doing dishes and using dishes every day until they had to leave. I got all upset that we''d "stolen their house" there for a minute.

The back yard is small (the part that is fenced in) but it''s plenty of room for two chihuahuas to play around in. It was just so different to walk into it today and see it as really becoming our house. The tentative closing date is 4/25/08.
9.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I want to post the pictures I''ve taken of the inside of the home, but I can''t get them to size down to fit on here. I always have this problem! The only way I know to do it is with "Paint" on the computer and I have to crop the picture, not just reduce the size of it, because I keep getting a message that it''s too big.

I have an Easy Share, but I don''t see how to change the size of the pictures when I try to use that software.

I''m such a computer illiterate.
20.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Fisher. It will be a great way to focus all your extra energy
2.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2008 9:46:23 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Congrats Fisher. It will be a great way to focus all your extra energy
2.gif
Funny you should say that, Tacori. Paul said the *exact* same thing.
9.gif

I think feeling more *settled* will be a good thing for both of us, and I think if Paul has the chance to feel like we're more "secure" financially, he'll be more in Daddy mode, too.

Another happy thing: by May, my husband will be credit card debt- free!! I'm *SO* proud of him!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great minds think alike! Men are very strange about money. I think part of the hold up of getting engaged was my DH wanted to be at a certain point in his life (like to show my parents he could take care of me). I will tell you this, my DH was not in daddy mode until the moment he saw her (and fell in love). He was very detached during my pregnancy. He did say next time he will be different b/c he''ll know that a wonderful, little person comes out of it (not that he didn''t but it is so abstract for some men). No decorated a nursery until your second tri okay?

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, Tacori, are you in Paul''s mind today or what?? He said the same thing, although we have picked what will be the baby''s room.

He did say, though, that as soon as we are *confirmed* pregnant, I can get the stroller I''ve been loving, since I worry it will be discontinued at some point.

And, we do baby clothes shop from time to time, and that will be in the baby''s room, but we won''t get a crib or anything before we know we have a baby that''s going to be making it for the LONG haul!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
congrats fisher!! this is such great news..ull have an amazing time moving in, decorating it and making it ur own...congrats again!! cant wait to see the pics

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Fisher, it looks like a gorgeous house...can''t wait to see the inside pics and what it looks like after you move in!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
1.gif
Paul sounds like a smart guy! Which stroller do you want? Picking out the room is okay. I did that too. I didn''t buy anything though until after my BFP. Neutral baby clothes are RARELY cute.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
We have girl AND boy clothes, of course! We plan on our babies'' gender being a surprise, so when I see something cute (and on sale!!) I get it. We don''t get the trendy stuff so much. I''m not really all that into babies looking like miniature teenagers. However, baby jeans are to die for! So cuteness!

Anyway, the stroller I like is here: Graco Quattro Tour Travel System- Deco

pTRU1-3934606reg.jpg

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Okay, back to the house thing again. This morning, our realtor called us really early (like before 6am early) to tell us that she reviewed the counter with the law person they use and the seller had changed one other thing, too. They were decreasing the 15 working day request we made for due diligence time to only 5 business days. That doesn''t give us much time to complete an inspection and to get estimates for any needed repairs (if there are any). Since foreclosures are sold "as-is," we''d have to pay for all repairs ourselves and 5 days just doesn''t seem like much time to assess that fairly to us.

So, we are now requesting 10 business days for due diligence.

It''s not as close to a contract as we''d hoped, but it seems to still be VERY workable and possible.

Color me excited and happy!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fisher, I researched strollers like crazy, and when it comes time for you to buy one, I''d encourage you NOT to buy a travel system like the one you posted.

First, travel systems are heavy. You''re essentially lugging around a full stroller just to use the infant car seat. Second, Graco strollers aren''t known to be the best. Carseats yes, strollers, nope.

I would get a snap and go, or Graco''s version of it (called Snugrider Infant Carseat Frame) if you get a Graco carseat. I would also suggest the Graco Safeseat over the Snugride. Both are highly rated, but the safeseat can be used up to 30 pounds (helpful if you have a big baby). It does, however, weigh 2 lbs more than the snugride. It''s also much easier to install apparently.

After the initial few months, you can determine what stroller features are important for you. You may decide you want a lighter umbrella style or more of an urban terrain stroller. You can dump the stroller frame at that point and go from there.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE that pattern but I am a circle nut. Seriously I have a problem. I LOVE circles, dots, etc....and did my senior painting thesis on a circle painting. They also have a pattern called "Milan" which you probably would love. I agree with TGal about travel systems. I have the Chicco (which are better care seats) and which I just bought the car seat solo to use with my *beloved* (yes I am crazy) snap 'n go. I sincerely LOOOOOOOOVE my Snap 'n Go and get many a moms asking me about it when I am out and about. I actually have two of them
30.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori, you SO should get a commission from Snap and Go! I also heard the Chicco works well with the snap and go better than the graco does. If I had not thought I would use the infant carseat adapter with my BOB, I might have gone with the Chicco (which is not approved for the BOB). Although I have to say, I have been impressed with the Graco and the installation.

Tacori did you read the reviews on the snap and go on BRU''s site though? 95% of people love it, but for those who don''t it''s for a scary reason...seems like the rear wheels have been known to fall off!

Maclaren makes a carseat stroller frame that they only sell online. 69.99 on special at BRU online from 89.99. I would have considered that one had I known about it in advance as I like Maclaren products. And it''s only 10 bucks more than more cheaply made Graco Snugrider frame. But I do like that the Safeseat "clicks" into place in the snugrider.

Oh, and I should have known you had artistic tendencies because your nursery came out so darn awesome!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal, I should work for them! Sounds like people didn''t put them together right. On both of mine I have had no problems. I have a BFA in graphic design. I can''t wait to do art projects with T!

Fisher, I forgot to mention that is a new pattern so I doubt it is going anywhere for awhile.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW congratulations fisher, that''s too too exciting!! Enjoy this time, it''s so much fun!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Fisher (and Argh too!)! I''m so excited for you.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everyone. I''m going nuts. We''ve got a ways to wait to hear, I think. Dang it. I thought the wait was over on MONDAY!

Oh well, good things come to those who wait. That''s what they say, anyway.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just checking in Fisher and see you got the pretty house with the front porch!
36.gif

Your patience has paid off and I am very excited for you to get a house that won''t force you to work fulltime when you have a baby! Start a new thread when you get some pictures of the inside!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2008 6:56:02 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I was just checking in Fisher and see you got the pretty house with the front porch!
36.gif

Your patience has paid off and I am very excited for you to get a house that won't force you to work fulltime when you have a baby! Start a new thread when you get some pictures of the inside!
Oh Diamondseeker, I *wish* the wait was over. We're still trying to find out for sure that our bid has been accepted. I'm not nearly as nuts over it as I was over the first home we made an offer on. I think it's a matter of knowing (now) that worry doesn't do a bit of good. We still drive by this house just about every day, though, just to see it and make sure it's doing good. Heehee...

I hope it's ours soon. But if not, God's got a plan He'll reveal. At some point.
9.gif

Thanks for your thoughts, and Happy EASTER to you!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Sending some dust your way!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2008 10:23:01 PM
Author: pennquaker09
Sending some dust your way!
Thank you so much! We''re excited to hear something soon!!
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2008 8:12:30 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly

Date: 3/23/2008 6:56:02 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
36.gif

Your patience has paid off and I am very excited for you to get a house that won''t force you to work fulltime when you have a baby! Start a new thread when you get some pictures of the inside!
Oh Diamondseeker, I *wish* the wait was over. We''re still trying to find out for sure that our bid has been accepted. I''m not nearly as nuts over it as I was over the first home we made an offer on. I think it''s a matter of knowing (now) that worry doesn''t do a bit of good. We still drive by this house just about every day, though, just to see it and make sure it''s doing good. Heehee...

I hope it''s ours soon. But if not, God''s got a plan He''ll reveal. At some point.
9.gif

Thanks for your thoughts, and Happy EASTER to you!
Happy Easter to you, too, Fisher! You are so right that you will be led to the right house in time (but not in our timing)! These situations teach us patience, for sure!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Hi Fisher,

congrats on your good progress so far and hope you will hear even better FINAL news soon! I love that house you offered on, it sure will become a heaven for you and your loved ones! WHat part of the country do you live in?

My fiance and I got our offer accepted on a house in SD, CA. and we will have our inspection this weekend. Buying house is STRESSFUL isn't it? Our house is in need to a lot of TLC, mostly a brand new garden and a lawn in the front. Luckily my man is very handy and wants to do the work. Heck he even wants to change the carpet and put in new hardwood floor himself (I think he is crazy actually :)).

It seems like there are more house buyers on PS recently. what's up with that?

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
We finally got the addendum today; should have "real" contract in place soon. Eeek!!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Addendum signed, sealed, delivered. Eeek! Happy, happy!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS Fisher!

We''re in a similar boat--we just had the house inspected on Tuesday, and we''re pulling in a roofing contractor tomorrow to get a quote on a bit of work, and then it''s off to the lawyers to work out the post-inspection details. I know how anxiety-ridden this process can be, I''m so nervous that something will fall through so close to the end that I can barely stand the wait!

I hope all goes well with your inspection!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAAAAAAYYYYYY fisher how exciting!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Congratulations!!!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! So you are officially going to be a Georgia home owner! Congrats! It''s so exciting to have your very own home. You will love it I am sure. Have fun signing all of those contracts.

Believe it or not, I am pretty sure that I actually looked at one of the houses you had posted in one of your threads when I was home hunting (small world, huh).

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fancy that is so funny!

Congrats Fisher! I saw someone at the mall with your stroller. Thought of you!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results