shape
carat
color
clarity

Here we go on the house hunt again...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Hopefully to a different ending this time.

(By the way, the house we just loved and went back and forth with the sellers on for 4 counter offers, closed yesterday. There''s the end (finally!!) to that saga!)

Today I went out with the realtor to a few more homes. One of them took my breath away. It''s not quite beautiful outside, but the picture''s not doing it justice, at all.

It''s in an area that will make getting to work a SNAP for me, and it should cut at least several minutes of hubby''s commute, too. It''s also in a NICE subdivision that I''m surprised has a house we can afford.
9.gif
The realtor says this will equate to instant equity for us in the purchase.

I should mention that Paul''s not even seen it yet, so I shouldn''t be nearly as excited as I am, and I most definitely shouldn''t be posting about it, but I''m so excited!!

Front:

housemaybemaybe1.jpg

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Now I''m not sure at all why the top shutters are blue and the bottom ones are green. But that''s an easy fix we''d surely make right away. The wrap around porch is nice, too.

This is the front room, the living room. The color and the fire place and the way it pops out of the walls FLOORS me. I just am totally loving that room. It''s gorgeous!!

housemaybemaybe3.jpg

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
It was made in 2001 and the hardwood floors have been so babied, it''s great!! (I wonder how my puppies will baby it, too!)

This is the backyard (looking toward the home), complete with the trees Paul adores; it also has an above ground pool with a deck, but I''m not sure if we''d keep that or not.

housemaybemaybe2.jpg

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
This is the dining room, not too formal, and open to the living room, while still being its own room.

housemaybemaybe4.jpg

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
The dining room has a door on the side that goes out to the wraparound porch. Love that!

This is the kitchen, which isn''t tiny, but isn''t too huge, either. I like the way it is it''s own room, but then has the bar/counter to separate the dining room and the peak out hole into the living room area.

housemaybemaybe5.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh...its REALLY pretty Fisher!! I LOVE the room with the fireplace!!! I hope your hubby loves it as much as you do, and that it works out for you guys!!! Remember, everything happens for a reason, so if one house doesnt work out, there will always be another one that you will love just as much if not more than the previous one!!

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!!!!
36.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
In the kitchen, if you look close, you can see this weird kind of ledge, like a balcony, on top of the countertops. I don''t like it, and would see if it could come off. It makes the cabinets look like tiny castles to me, and it''s just weird. I don''t even know the purpose of them, unless it''s just meant to be a pretty.

This is the room in the house that would HAVE to be painted before we ever even thought of moving in. The master bedroom has a really pretty double trey ceiling, and then it''s MINT GREEN. The master bath matches. Lovely!!

housemaybemaybe6.jpg

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Here is the HUGE master bath, with the same lovely green as the bedroom.
9.gif

housemaybemaybe7.jpg

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Then, it has two other bedrooms on the main floor (no upstairs) and then there is a basement downstairs that could be finished, if we ever went that far.

Right now, one of the bedrooms has an entire wall mural of deer out the woods. It''s just like a GIANT photograph, and it freaked me out when I walked in and saw three baby deer peering at me.

That would be taken down, too (just for the record) before we moved in, if we end up offering and getting this house.
9.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2008 9:04:03 PM
Author: Dani
Ohhh...its REALLY pretty Fisher!! I LOVE the room with the fireplace!!! I hope your hubby loves it as much as you do, and that it works out for you guys!!! Remember, everything happens for a reason, so if one house doesnt work out, there will always be another one that you will love just as much if not more than the previous one!!

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!!!!
36.gif
Thanks, Dani. I really like this home and it just seems so open and big to me, and I just really think it could be great. Somehow, seeing it today took away the sting of knowing the home we were so *sold* on closed. If that makes sense.

This home has been reduced a TON and it''s in our range and that''s so incredible, because it''s just so nice. It really looks to have been made with care, too. Some of the homes we''ve been to seem to have been slapped together. There is a possibility that the home will go to auction, and if it does, then our chances would be less that we''d be able to get it. Our realtor is looking into that tomorrow, so maybe I won''t fall too hard before we know for sure about that.

I can''t wait to show Paul these pictures (they were just posted by the seller).

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fisher, this house is beautiful!!! I''m crossing my fingers and toes for you and wishing you the best of luck in acquiring it!!!
36.gif
35.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2008 11:38:05 PM
Author: monarch64
Fisher, this house is beautiful!!! I''m crossing my fingers and toes for you and wishing you the best of luck in acquiring it!!!
36.gif
35.gif
Add me to the list. I think it looks terrific. Here''s hoping this is the one, best of luck to you and Paul.
1.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Sending real estate fairy dust! It does look like a very nice home. The things that bother you are cosmetic and easily changed (and also possibly what is causing the price to be reduced -- so it''s a good thing!).

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sheesh. *I* want to move in!!!
30.gif
I hope it works out for you. There''s absolutely nothing like that in our market under a million dollars. Seriously. Mostly it''s the land, but still.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2008 10:10:58 AM
Author: lyra
Sheesh. *I* want to move in!!!
30.gif
I hope it works out for you. There''s absolutely nothing like that in our market under a million dollars. Seriously. Mostly it''s the land, but still.
Beautiful!

There is nothing around us that''s affordable either. We''re planning to sell our home, so that could work to our advantage.

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
That house looks so pretty. Nothing like the McHouses we have here.

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Sending fairy dust.....

I just wanted to chime in because we have a little ''hatch'' through from the kitchen to the living area and I love it! I didn''t want open plan because we entertain a lot and I hate sitting at the table looking at dirty dishes (even when we don''t have guests!) With the hatch, I can be in the kitchen but still part of the conversation in the living room, and during dinner no one has to see the kitchen!
36.gif
36.gif

Hope you get it!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting fisher!! I''ve been following your househunting and am keeping everything crossed for you and Paul!!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Tomorrow we go out with the realtor again. It seems like every weekend, she''s our tour guide these days.
9.gif

So, I know I just posted how much I just adore that house, but it turns out it''s a bank owned forclosure and they have several offers already, but are keeping them all for a while, looking to see if anything more appealing comes in. Most likely, our offer (if we make one) won''t be the "most appealing." But hey, you never know!

I also saw this other house yesterday (without Paul--he can''t get off work on a whim like I can) that I also love. It''s a new listing, and it''s asking price is above our top price, but at least one of the owners lives out of state, so I would imagine they would like to sell it, as it seems to be a divorce situation (but I''m not sure) and no one is living in it.

It''s victorian style, which I didn''t think I liked, and haven''t liked, until I saw this one.

victorianhome1.jpg

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
This is the kitchen. The color really isn''t THAT vibrant, but it''s definitely upbeat. :) The whole kitchen has been HELLA remodeled, and it ROCKS. I will pee myself if I ever get to cook in that thing!!!

victorianhome2.jpg

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
This is the kicthen from another angle. This shows the color of the kitchen a little less intense than it actually is. I suppose wild green is hard to photograph. I really like the intensity of it with the stainless steel and dark granite, though. It''s absolutely gorgeous.

victorianhome3.jpg

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
This is the dining room; I''d tone it down some with a more fun (good grammar there!!) lighting fixture. That''s too elitest-fancy for us.
9.gif

victorianhome4.jpg

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Down stairs "powder room." Now doesn''t that sound so fancy?

victorianhome5.jpg

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Giant living room. Not the charchuse it appears to be; I don''t know why these colors are coming out like this in the pictures.

victorianhome6.jpg

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Another view of the living room area; it has a bay window! Yay!! (kind of a given with the Victorian style, but I just love bay windows!!)

victorianhome7.jpg

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
The other side of the living room, with the stairs.

victorianhome8.jpg

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
The master bedroom. Sadly, this color is just about true to the picture. An easy change, though.

victorianhome9.jpg

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
This family must have LOVED them some LIME colors, people. This is the staircase leading to the finished basement, where there is an office and a game room. Paul is all kinds of excited about the possibility of a game room. Boys!!
9.gif

victorianhome10.jpg

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
It is listed at just about what the home we tried to get was listed at. We ended up not getting it, but only by 1600 dollars. (That kind of stinks, by the way!! But, we stuck to our limits, and I''m proud of us for that!!)

There is another home that I''ve not posted because there aren''t any pictures of it that has been remodeled and is very nice, and at a KICKIN good deal, but Paul and I aren''t in love with it. It''s a nice house. It''s got an amazing kitchen (California old days style; big tiles for the floor, slightly smaller tiles on the countertops, and an island!!), but I don''t think Paul loves any part of it enough to buy it yet. He''s sometimes slow to come around. It''d be really great (payment-wise) when I stop work for the baby I dream of having, but it''ll work out.

This is nothing if not a test in faith. It''s hard to not know how things are going to play out!! But it''s also nice to know prayer changes things, if only our hearts on the house that "got away."

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck with the house! I''m sending fairy dust your way
9.gif
. I LOVE victorian style houses, personally. I think they''re so beautiful and charming. And that kitchen, wowza!

I know how it is. We''re still going through the house-searching and just made an offer. We''ll see where that goes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results