shape
carat
color
clarity

Here is my budget, what should i buy and from where?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Troppo_zone

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I''ve been dying to propose but can''t find the right diamond (probably because i don''t know what i''m looking for!)
sad.gif

I live in Adelaide, Australia and i wanna spend no more than $3000 USD. I guess i''m looking for a diamond between 0.60 and higher.

Can someone please fill in the other details for me cos my head is about to explode worrying about crown and pavillion angles, spread, symetry.....

Please help

DanielTahar

Rough_Rock
Well, maybe you can get a 1ct. princess, somewhere around H / VS2, for a little over $3,000. Maybe $3,500. You can also get a very nice princess, 0.70ct, D / IF for somewhere around $3,600. You can also get an F / VVS1, 0.70ct, for around $2,650. It's all about who you buy from.

Best Regards,
Daniel.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm... one compatriot of yours could help quite a bit with both diamond and headache: Garry of Preciousmetals.com.au The respective site and video tutorial does cut short lots of diamond shopping pain too ! IMO.

On Pricescope, his alias is "Cut Nut" - well... indeed
2.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock

Griffin

Shiny_Rock
Well, here comes the obvious question from the mountings guy; Does your budget include just the stone, or is it the total package for a ring - mounting/stone/side stones?

That could make a big difference depending on your taste in mountings. Anything with platinum, side stones, or one of the popular "names" in mountings could easily get into half that budget. USD $300-3000 is not an unreasonable range depending on taste, material, and complexity of the mount.
Many of the finest rings are at the lower end of that spectrum, but you can still expect a quarter of your budget will be absorbed by the mounting.

This is definitely something to take into account when determining the range of the stones to look into.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results