shape
carat
color
clarity

Here I Go Again ... Another Asscher Look-See Plz

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got another video and a couple pics from the vendor today before they ship the diamond.

Maybe it’s just me, and I’m not a color sensitive person, but I do believe I see a green tint in the video. I expected some tint being it’s an M; however, I assumed (probably wrongly) that it’d be a creamy/faint yellow tint based on the previous video. He said neither he nor the gemologist see any green in the diamond in person. That said, I know cameras pick up and sometimes magnify things our eyes do not/cannot see. I have a couple hours before it physically leaves their office. My gut instinct is to not have it sent to me (just trying to be respectful of the shipping costs to the vendor here if my gut says it’s a ‘no’).

What do you all think/see? :confused:

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does look green in the video...

I will say- my original ering is a K (estimated while set) and has faint fluorescence. One of the things I LOVE about it is that it has the appearance of an old mirror, you know how they have the slightest green tint to them if you view the side from a certain angle?

But that asscher in the video is much more green than mine is. Having said that, I think it's worth seeing it in person.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know what you’re talking about with the mirrors @Wewechew but I don’t really want to see that in my diamond ... not green, anyway. I have a K, an M, and even a champagne omc, so a yellow or brown tint would be fine ... but green tint is not something I would find desirable. :(

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It looks like there is a hint of green to me too... I just dont know what to recommend if they say they are not seeing green in person.
They know you dont want green so they would be wasting money if it is green so why would they not just say so?
On the other hand some of the images show green.
Weird.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve contacted the vendor and canceled the shipment/order. I called them immediately when I saw the video (immediately = literally 2 mins after the email arrived), and expressed my concerns around the green tint. While they insist that it doesn’t exist, I also wasn’t thrilled with the pressure they placed on me to have it shipped anyway so I could see it myself and return it if I didn’t like it (I do not like ‘pushy’ salespeople). I initially caved and said ‘okay, fine, ship it anyway’. But knowing now I’m not the only person who sees it, I just didn’t feel good about having it shipped only to (very likely) return it, especially since they only offer one free return per customer.

This part of the ‘hunt’ ... is not enjoyable. :(2

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh, I'm so sorry! :(2 I saw the tint in the video, too! It looked a smidge greenish-brown to me, but it may have been my monitor.

If you had reservations, it's good that you canceled it. It wasn't your stone! This just means you get to keep looking! I can't wait to see what you wind up with! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results