shape
carat
color
clarity

Here are pictures of my 2 carat blue fluorescent ER...nervous about the blue!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/11/2004 10:11:15 AM
Author: bradford

well, i could tell anybody anything i wanted and say it was a fancy blue diamond or a very rare chameleon diamond, but i would hate to be a ''poser''

No need to "pose" - this thing looks lovely. And blue fluorescence THAT strong is not common, nor looks bad, IMO. Some would call the diamond "intriguing" and "rare". Some less open minded chap who happened to know what fluorescence is and looks like in diamonds (if you meet one, let me know, btw.) could throw some more barbaric comment. What do I know ? You can always get out of the house with an intense yellow and have someone lament "how could they get such a tinted diamond" (it happened, someone actually posted this and I have the quote saved for good keeping

6.gif
).

Seriously, that is a charming thing in itself and no rip off - as you say.

On a more practical note, yes, strong blue fluo is not a common choice. It may not be the easiest sell either, so just unloading it may be the appealing part for the seller. But "not common" has it''s appeal.

You may like to read a particular post by David Atlas on this thread (LINK). And check the stone with an appraiser if it ain''t J-K/SI aside overblue. Trust and verify, as they say

2.gif

Pretty much all I know, I guess...

stephinextremis

Rough_Rock

I''d take it in a heartbeat, because I LOVE

30.gif
blue fluor and haven''t yet bought a diamond without it, but her tastes should definitely be considered. You never know, she may love having something so unique!

Stephanie

bradford

Rough_Rock

again, thanks for so much input, and i did take your advice.....had it appraised by GIA gemologist.....it is H color, VS1 clarity, the cut is a "4" on a 0-10 scale, 0 being the best, and it has an extra thick girdle....the ironic part is he listed it as STRONG blue fluorescence.....he said it is just below what would consider it overblue because it does not have the haziness nor cloudiness of an overblue.....he said it is purely a preference....they generally sell for cheaper because of the general public not knowing what fluorescence is, but he particularly likes them.....it was appraised for $17,500 so at least i feel better about that part.....

thanks for the kind words from all of the helpful people...

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
I really like the colour change factor of the ring it looks quite unique and special.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results