shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Young Guy on a Budget

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Roupey03

Rough_Rock
I am looking to get engaged some time in the near future. I am only 21 years old working part time and going to school so I was looking to pay 2,000 or under for the whole ring. I just want to make sure I am getting quality and the most bang for my buck. I want something simple yet unique. Help me. Point me in the right direction. What are some good deals out there. Where is the best place to shop.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what shape do you want?

What kind of setting?

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Any idea what shape stone she would like? Round, princess, emerald cut, etc? Or whether she like solitaires versus a three-stone ring?

Roupey03

Rough_Rock
Definitely no on three stones. I have looked at round and princess mostly.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
What kind of style does she like, antique, modern, classic, etc?

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
And she would be happy with either a princess cut or a round cut diamond? Definitely no coloured stone? And does she like a simple 4 prong setting or something bezel? Yellow or white gold? Loads of people will be willing to help but you have to be specific as to what you think she would love and you would love to get her.
1.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck to you.Looks like you will get lots of help here to steer you in the right direction...

Roupey03

Rough_Rock
I know that she has told me she wants something simple, but unique. And for myself if I am going to spend the money I want a quality diamond. I like the solitare settings but I am thinking she wants a bit more. Something to set it apart from every other solitare. Maybe a cathedrial or channel. Or even a band with engraved design.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
if you get a high quality diamond, you will automatically have something out of the ordinary!
2.gif

so many people do not know about the importance of a well cut diamond and how awesome they look compared to the mediocre stuff that is abundant out there. i second (third, fourth) the recommendation of putting your $$$ into a well cut stone.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2007 2:31:06 PM
Author: Roupey03
I know that she has told me she wants something simple, but unique. And for myself if I am going to spend the money I want a quality diamond. I like the solitare settings but I am thinking she wants a bit more. Something to set it apart from every other solitare. Maybe a cathedrial or channel. Or even a band with engraved design.

Try this setting in white gold and the diamond I listed above and you will have a unique setting with a ideal cut diamond under $2000

http://www.whiteflash.com/golden-wardrobe/Gold_Details.aspx?ItemCode=WF-Pr106&CategID=13

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Try antiqueengagementrings.com, they have original and replica antique engagement rings in all price ranges. My e-ring came from them and I love it! We simply could not have gotten anything close to the quality and size for that price anywhere else.
It''s the unique factor that really makes a difference. We might have been able to manage a diamond of comperable size and color/clarity but only in a very standard setting of 14k wg. Instead I have a beautiful original antique in platinum that I''m very proud of. I also love how people compliment me on how sparkly my old european cut diamond is!

Try page 6 of the engagement rings.
5.gif
35.gif

Good luck!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Author: belle

btw...your diamond is a beauty hikerchick! glad you decided to keep it.

Thanks . . . I feel so much better now that the decision has been made. Now I am in setting mode
1.gif

Roupey03

Rough_Rock

Roupey03

Rough_Rock
I think I am definitely going to go with the whiteflash engraved cathedrial setting in either white gold 14k or 18k. Now I just have to find the right diamond to put in it. Finding you guys has made this proccess a lot easier.

Roupey03

Rough_Rock
Just one question as I go looking for diamonds. What is Fluorescence and what should I be looking for as far as that.

Thanks

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mmpawnshop - the forum policies do not permit vendors to promote their own merchandise.

As for the specs on this stone (3A, good make ->
23.gif
), I'm not even going there...

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
jenny, you may want to again read the forum policies that you agreed to when signing up

https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/faq.asp?mode=policy

11b: Do not make blatant commercial posts, requests to visit your website, or solicit any other contact

this is a forum for education and learning. NOT selling your own merchandise.

mmpawnshop

Rough_Rock
Sorry! I'm new and I misunderstood! I definitely won't do that again.

Jenny

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock

E B

Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, it''s not the same setting. The one at WF looks to be higher quality to me.

Stellablue687

Rough_Rock
Hi Roupey03 -

I just wanted to reply to say that I have that setting from WF in 14kt white gold. It is a beautiful setting. It is very thin and the engraving on the band seems to highlight the diamond because it gives some contrast (I think). The setting is of good quality and I was pleasantly surprised (I was only looking for a temp setting because I plan on upgrading a few more time and didn't want to spend a lot of $ on a setting that wasn't the 'final' one).

Your ring sounds like its going to be beautiful! I'm sure she will be thrilled

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results