shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Yellow Sapphire Custom Pendant Setting

TableForTwo

Rough_Rock
My husband has gifted me a lovely, buttery yellow sapphire, and I want to get it set as a pendant. We can shop for a designer in either northern NJ or in Manhattan, and we are planning to shop around for someone on Friday.

The stone is rectangular. I am undecided whether I should get it set as a solitaire or with some accent stones. For personal reasons I would sort of like the piece to reference the number three. So, a trilliant diamond is an appealing option. I found the attached yellow diamond setting which I am considering, but I am still exploring ideas. (My sapphire is lighter than the stone in the image.)

On the other hand, I do plan to wear this regularly especially to work at my office job, so I am concerned about too much embellishment.

I do want the main metal to be either platinum or white gold to match my other jewelry, but I think the prongs/claws on the sapphire should be yellow gold.

Can anyone recommend (1) a designer or jeweler we should consider or (2) design ideas?

Thanks!

9ECFD46C-66F3-41C5-948B-3D941577B990.jpeg

Last edited:

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My husband has gifted me a lovely, buttery yellow sapphire, and I want to get it set as a pendant. We can shop for a designer in either northern NJ or in Manhattan, and we are planning to shop around for someone on Friday.

The stone is rectangular. I am undecided whether I should get it set as a solitaire or with some accent stones. For personal reasons I would sort of like the piece to reference the number three. So, a trilliant diamond is an appealing option. I found the attached yellow diamond setting which I am considering, but I am still exploring ideas. (My sapphire is lighter than the stone in the image.)

On the other hand, I do plan to wear this regularly especially to work at my office job, so I am concerned about too much embellishment.

I do want the main metal to be either platinum or white gold to match my other jewelry, but I think the prongs/claws on the sapphire should be yellow gold.

Can anyone recommend (1) a designer or jeweler we should consider or (2) design ideas?

Thanks!

9ECFD46C-66F3-41C5-948B-3D941577B990.jpeg
I love the design you are considering! A lot of Pricescoper’s use David Klass to create their pieces. He is good to work with if you already have a clear idea of what you are looking for and don’t need much design assistance.

TableForTwo

Rough_Rock
I found another design I like. Any thoughts on how this would look with white gold/platinum for the pave loops and chain but yellow gold for the prongs and basket? I am leaning towards double prongs rather than single.

My stone is not an emerald cut.

6C694572-34D7-4BEE-8362-FE2C976B2EB8.png

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, it's not rectangular, but here's what a yellow sapphire with a simple diamond halo looks like on my wife.

Yellow Sapphire Pendant 2.jpg

For reasons that are beyond this simple male mind, DW feels quite comfortable wearing this pendant and doesn't consider it too dressy at all. =)

Last edited:

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, it's not rectangular, but here's what a yellow sapphire with a simple diamond halo looks like on my wife.

Yellow Sapphire Pendant 2.jpg

For reasons that are beyond this simple male mind, DW feels quite comfortable wearing this pendant and doesn't consider it too dressy at all. =)

Your wife is a very sensible lady! (And to prove it, she chose you. :appl:Happy Valentines Day!)

Reactions: prs

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your wife is a very sensible lady! (And to prove it, she chose you. :appl:Happy Valentines Day!)
Not only that, but DW has kept me around for 37+ years!!! I was a young engineer with no small talk, and zero social skills when, by some major miracle, she fell for me!! I am still bewildered by the fact lovely ladies fall in love with us obnoxious guys....thank God for the wonders of nature!!

@MissyBeaucoup Happy Valentine's day to you too, and to all our PS family!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results