clarity

Help with upgrade please

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Always hard to tell from pictures, but it does not appear to be very tinted from the side profile shot. It is a bright diamond. I would say it looks like a true H. :) Remember, you'll see tint from the side in an H. That is normal.

If you're worried about it being incorrectly graded, don't be. It looks less tinted than the G in that other thread if that's what you're worried about. ;-)

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That is gorgeous!!!! Your hands do make it look huge! I’m not sure how you get anything done now ... I would be hypnotized! :appl:

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The ring looks beautiful! One of my favorite 4 prong settings! It is hard to tell exact color from pics alone, but I would have guessed G or H. I had a 2ct I and it was more tinted than your stone.

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yep I thought it was G-H too! It looks really nice! Hope you are enjoying your upgrade!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Always hard to tell from pictures, but it does not appear to be very tinted from the side profile shot. It is a bright diamond. I would say it looks like a true H. :) Remember, you'll see tint from the side in an H. That is normal.

If you're worried about it being incorrectly graded, don't be. It looks less tinted than the G in that other thread if that's what you're worried about. ;-)

Thanks, @TreeScientist. I was thinking a little bit along the same line but in certain lighting it definitely looks brighter and whiter than my J and in certain lighting it looks a little tinted but definitely less than my J. So sometimes it seems higher than an H and sometimes more like a true H and sometimes seems like an I. Really depends on the lighting. I think we all tend to overthink sometimes hahaha.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
The ring looks beautiful! One of my favorite 4 prong settings! It is hard to tell exact color from pics alone, but I would have guessed G or H. I had a 2ct I and it was more tinted than your stone.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, @CareBear. It behaves differently under different lighting. Sometimes it’s so white I can’t believe it’s an H and sometimes it does look like an H but sometimes I feel it’s an I in some lighting and yellowish walls. Overall, it’s so much more brilliant to me being an ACA. I can tell the difference between this stone and my expert selection J with the amazing cut. Sometimes I can’t stop staring at it. My J was amazingly sparkly too. My friends always commented on the sparkle but this one is definitely even better. If I have the funds though, I’d love to go colorless. Time to save more money Hahaha.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is beautiful! Looks quite white to me and the size looks fabulous on you!

Matilda

Shiny_Rock
Without the details I would have said F maybe a G! I am not just flattering, that is genuinely how I perceive it!

Matilda

Shiny_Rock
Maybe a G/H from the magnified side view.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Without the details I would have said F maybe a G! I am not just flattering, that is genuinely how I perceive it!
@Matilda - thank you! There’s some lighting where it definitely looks colorless:). Interstesting how it can range from looking colorless to having some tint in certain lighting and surroundings.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @CareBear. It behaves differently under different lighting. Sometimes it’s so white I can’t believe it’s an H and sometimes it does look like an H but sometimes I feel it’s an I in some lighting and yellowish walls. Overall, it’s so much more brilliant to me being an ACA. I can tell the difference between this stone and my expert selection J with the amazing cut. Sometimes I can’t stop staring at it. My J was amazingly sparkly too. My friends always commented on the sparkle but this one is definitely even better. If I have the funds though, I’d love to go colorless. Time to save more money Hahaha.
I definitely did notice a difference between the performance of my ACA vs my ES, and the ES was crazy sparkly already! As for color, diamonds will pick up color from its surroundings, so I am not sure a D stone will look white under all lighting and yellow walls? Since your stone is now larger, it will look to have more body color than the same color stone of a smaller size. With WF, upgrades are totally hassle free, so if you are not happy with the color, you can always move up in color! ;)2

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, @CareBear! It’s good and bad being here on PS and seeing all the gorgeous blings then having WF’s upgrade policy :).

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
I definitely did notice a difference between the performance of my ACA vs my ES, and the ES was crazy sparkly already! As for color, diamonds will pick up color from its surroundings, so I am not sure a D stone will look white under all lighting and yellow walls? Since your stone is now larger, it will look to have more body color than the same color stone of a smaller size. With WF, upgrades are totally hassle free, so if you are not happy with the color, you can always move up in color! ;)2

Would love to see the cut proportions of the diamonds between the ES vs ACA, since you notice a big difference. The ring looks absolutely beautiful and humongous on your delicate fingers.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Would love to see the cut proportions of the diamonds between the ES vs ACA, since you notice a big difference. The ring looks absolutely beautiful and humongous on your delicate fingers.

Thank you, @blueMA! My hands aren’t delicate fingers though hahaha. Small hands with wrinkly knuckles :). I wish I had smaller and less wrinkly knuckles. Your statement regarding cut proportions between the ES and ACA were meant for @CareBear, right? Thank you!

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, @blueMA! My hands aren’t delicate fingers though hahaha. Small hands with wrinkly knuckles :). I wish I had smaller and less wrinkly knuckles. Your statement regarding cut proportions between the ES and ACA were meant for @CareBear, right? Thank you!

I have big wrinkly knuckles and big hands! I've always been very hands on with everything and pretty rough on my hands, and my Knuckles are getting wrinklier and bigger as I'm getting older! There are days I can't even wear my e-ring anymore. Sigh...

The question was meant for you or anyone who notices big difference, because I'm always curious to see why, whether it's for fire or brilliance directly attributed to the cut change. :))

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
B6B51B80-8940-4E0E-93A8-C59047A6598E.jpeg 40644AB1-1F6E-439C-9B8A-09D34AEC290F.jpeg 449F9DA1-FA5C-4835-823A-8E35269C0AB2.jpeg
I have big wrinkly knuckles and big hands! I've always been very hands on with everything and pretty rough on my hands, and my Knuckles are getting wrinklier and bigger as I'm getting older! There are days I can't even wear my e-ring anymore. Sigh...

The question was meant for you or anyone who notices big difference, because I'm always curious to see why, whether it's for fire or brilliance directly attributed to the cut change. :))
@blueMA -oh I’m so sorry to hear that :(.

Here are the specs. First is my first upgrade that is a1.37 I VS2 premium select, second pic is my 1.87 J VS2 ES that they said just missed the cut off for being an ACA, and lastly my 1.86 H VS2 ACA. I wouldn’t say I saw such a significant difference between my J ES and H ACA that the ES is so inferior but I can certainly see a difference in the fire, brilliance, and color and just looks more symmetrical and more well-balanced, I think.

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for posting that. The proportions are quite similar between the ES and ACA, but you did go tiny bit smaller on table, higher on the crown, and lower on LG% for chunkier pav main (arrows) light flashes - all attributing to more fire! Of course this doesn't tell the whole story but I'm glad that you're enjoying your latest ACA upgrade. The color looks very good for an H. :appl:

Last edited:

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for posting that. The proportions are quite similar between the ES and ACA, but you did go tiny bit smaller on table, higher on the crown, and lower on LG% for chunkier pav main (arrows) light flashes - all attributing to more fire! Of course this doesn't tell the whole story but I'm glad that you're enjoying your latest ACA upgrade. The color looks very good for an H. :appl:
Thanks, @blueMA !

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Would love to see the cut proportions of the diamonds between the ES vs ACA, since you notice a big difference.
ES stone
Depth % 62.2
Table % 56.6
Crown Angle 34.6
Star 49
Pavilion Angle 40.9
Lower Girdle % 78

ACA stone
Depth % 60.3
Table % 57.4
Crown Angle 34.1
Pavilion Angle40.8
Crown% 14.5
Lower girdle% 78

The cut proportions of my stones are quite different. Originally I thought the visual difference was due to the difference in the proportions alone, but there are ACAs with my ES proportions , though depth of ACAs are within 62%.

Last edited:

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
ES stone
Depth % 62.2
Table % 56.6
Crown Angle 34.6
Star 49
Pavilion Angle 40.9
Lower Girdle % 78

ACA stone
Depth % 60.3
Table % 57.4
Crown Angle 34.1
Pavilion Angle40.8
Crown% 14.5
Lower girdle% 78

Originally I thought the visual difference was due to my previous ES stone being slightly steeper with a 40.9 pav angle but there are ACAs with 40.9 and @Dmndsr4evr11 also noticed a difference between ES and ACAs.

When I shop for a diamond, I'm finicky and personally avoid going over 61.8 in depth, although there are definitely decent diamonds over 62%. The ES's crown is a bit high for the 40.9 but your ACA IS in ideal H&A sweet spot and should look brighter overall being shallower with the angles geared more for brilliance and better performance in direct comparison.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results