shape
carat
color
clarity

Help With Three Stone DK CADs PLEASE!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I can’t remember where I saw it! :confused2: It was recently, and I think it belongs to a PSer, but I looked through the DK bling thread and couldn’t find it. Maybe it had a SMTB thread? I’ll try to find it.

:geek2:Okay sounds good! Hope you find it=)2

llc328

Rough_Rock
8AC96BD2-0E75-4998-92EC-9F10DB5E856C.jpeg
:geek2:Okay sounds good! Hope you find it=)2

I own this setting now .... as beautiful as it looked it wasn't practical for me... I had David Klass remove that diamond when he sized the setting down for me ... I am always banging the underneath of the band on my rings, I'm not delicate with my rings when I wear my rings.. I wear them!...so with the placement of that stone, I knew I’d crack or loose it... .. that area is a bad place for me to have a stone set into ....... here is that picture

Last edited:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock

I own this setting now .... as beautiful as it looked it wasn't practical for me... I had David Klass remove that diamond when he sized the setting down for me ... I am always banging the underneath of the band on my rings, I'm not delicate with my rings when I wear my rings.. I wear them!...so with the placement of that stone, I knew I’d crack or loose it... .. that area is a bad place for me to have a stone set into ....... here is that picture

Oh my gosh, thank you so much! It was driving me INSANE trying to figure out where I saw it! :x2

You’re amazing! And thanks for the input too. I also WEAR my rings, so I’m wondering if I should just either delete it altogether or put it inside the band so I just know it’s there. If it wasn’t a blue stone, I’d consider the donut but I don’t want to change the look of the center stone at all.

Decisions, decisions!

ETA: If I did keep the original placement, I could face it out instead of up against my wedding band so it’s more likely to be seen.

llc328

Rough_Rock
Oh my gosh, thank you so much! It was driving me INSANE trying to figure out where I saw it! :x2

You’re amazing! And thanks for the input too. I also WEAR my rings, so I’m wondering if I should just either delete it altogether or put it inside the band so I just know it’s there. If it wasn’t a blue stone, I’d consider the donut but I don’t want to change the look of the center stone at all.

Decisions, decisions!

ETA: If I did keep the original placement, I could face it out instead of up against my wedding band so it’s more likely to be seen.

You are very Welcome!....... I have seen many rings made by David Klass with the Stone set INSIDE the band....to me set that way, its very protected...

There was a diamond set into the donut of this ring too... I had it removed too... Only because I knew it would get grimy and gross looking resting right up on the skin of my finger... ...Yes..... just to me!..... but I am OCD with keeping my rings clean!

I like your idea as well too....Placing it facing outwards on the band where it can be seen...my own humble opinion is to try to not place it where you may hit the band..

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
You are very Welcome!....... I have seen many rings made by David Klass with the Stone set INSIDE the band....to me set that way, its very protected...

There was a diamond set into the donut of this ring too... I had it removed too... Only because I knew it would get grimy and gross looking resting right up on the skin of my finger... ...Yes..... just to me!..... but I am OCD with keeping my rings clean!

I like your idea as well too....Placing it facing outwards on the band where it can be seen...my own humble opinion is to try to not place it where you may hit the band..

I didn’t even think about one in the donut getting dirty, but you’re so right! I guess inside the band would too o_O

I think I’ll stick with my original placement, or inside the band. I do think I want it since it’s got so much meaning between our daughter and anniversary. I’m not having him cast it any time soon, so I have the luxury of being able to think on it a bit. We have a boat to sell before I can proceed :x2

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can’t remember where I saw it! :confused2: It was recently, and I think it belongs to a PSer, but I looked through the DK bling thread and couldn’t find it. Maybe it had a SMTB thread? I’ll try to find it.

I can see it in my head! I looked for it, too, but can’t find it. I don’t remember who owns it, either.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There it is! Don’t know how I missed it. And good advice!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock

Oh that is so sweet!:kiss2: Thanks for posting this! I love that but I totally understand what you mean about the placement and how it could get damaged with normal wear being the bottom part of the band but I still love it and think it is so nice! The starburst effect is perfect with the diamond though!=)2

llc328

Rough_Rock
Oh that is so sweet!:kiss2: Thanks for posting this! I love that but I totally understand what you mean about the placement and how it could get damaged with normal wear being the bottom part of the band but I still love it and think it is so nice! The starburst effect is perfect with the diamond though!=)2

Looks just as beautful with its simple polished shank....:kiss2:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies, he’s already cast the ring! I told him I wasn’t ready yet, but he wanted to show me what it looked like! o_O This is insane and unheard of for a business. I am blown away. I will never use anyone else for my future projects.

Without further ado, meet Frankie:

E95AF06C-7EF7-4020-B924-154DE528266E.jpeg 2B7639F6-894D-4B84-8A8B-3740E70C7703.jpeg A8A24370-CC0D-42A4-A05A-A71C9DA0D61E.jpeg

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies, he’s already cast the ring! I told him I wasn’t ready yet, but he wanted to show me what it looked like! o_O This is insane and unheard of for a business. I am blown away. I will never use anyone else for my future projects.

E95AF06C-7EF7-4020-B924-154DE528266E.jpeg 2B7639F6-894D-4B84-8A8B-3740E70C7703.jpeg A8A24370-CC0D-42A4-A05A-A71C9DA0D61E.jpeg

:love::love::love:WOW!!
latest
Nailed it!:kiss2:

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
It looks amazing!! I only popped onto this thread toward the end, but still thrilled that you came out with such a fabulous result! Simple and classic :)

And little things, like surprise stones, are always easy to add post-production.

Can't wait to see the finished product!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

It’s beautiful!!!!!!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies! I could NOT have done it without you!!!

I was considering adding some milgrain to it, but decided it’s probably best left alone.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OMG!! I L-O-V-E THIS!!!! :kiss2:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think it needs anything else... perfect as is! :)

Thank you so much! Honestly, it means a lot to me that your discerning eye approves. ;)2 This was my first custom project ever and I was so worried I would miss something in the details, but I think it turned out pretty amazing if I do say so myself. :lol: I cannot wait to get it on my finger!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! Honestly, it means a lot to me that your discerning eye approves. ;)2 This was my first custom project ever and I was so worried I would miss something in the details, but I think it turned out pretty amazing if I do say so myself. :lol: I cannot wait to get it on my finger!

It looks very classy! Can't wait to see pics!!!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Oh, so exciting!!! :lol: I'm so glad you went with the unplated white gold! I think it's the perfect compromise! Love how it turned out!!! Aren't you thrilled?!!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, so exciting!!! :lol: I'm so glad you went with the unplated white gold! I think it's the perfect compromise! Love how it turned out!!! Aren't you thrilled?!!

Yes!!!! But I have no idea when I’ll be able to pay for it and actually get it on my finger :confused2:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
;)2I totally agree with @msop04 she said it before I did! I wouldn't mess with PERFECTION!!:mrgreen2: It looks beautiful as is...:whistle: Then again I might be a little bit partial, LOL..:lol:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
;)2I totally agree with @msop04 she said it before I did! I wouldn't mess with PERFECTION!!:mrgreen2: It looks beautiful as is...:whistle: Then again I might be a little bit partial, LOL..:lol:

I feel like it’s just as much your creation as it is mine! :lol: I couldn’t have done it without you! Thank you! :kiss2:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I feel like it’s just as much your creation as it is mine! :lol: I couldn’t have done it without you! Thank you! :kiss2:

:kiss2:Aww, thanks you are so sweet! You were great with your hand drawings!:dance: You have a hidden talent my dear!!;)2

:shock:I could have never hand drawn my own custom ring like that!! I cant even hand draw smiley's that well for Pete's sake, LOL!! :lol-2::P2:mrgreen2:

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
So I just went through this WHOLE dang thread, and I am just in awe of such PS solidarity! Incredible! And it paid off with an absolutely perfect result.

It was pretty cathartic reading through your experience, and realizing that I'm not the only one who has felt confused and wishy washy and frustrated by feelings of being unable to communicate in the custom process (that refreshing your email every 20 minutes bit really spoke to me , lol).... What a payoff for your perseverance! Congrats!

*applause*

Last edited:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
So I just went through this WHOLE dang thread, and I am just in awe of such PS solidarity! Incredible! And it paid off with an absolutely perfect result.

It was pretty cathartic reading through your experience, and realizing that I'm not the only one who has felt confused and wishy washy and frustrated by feelings of being unable to communicate in the custom process (that refreshing your email every 20 minutes bit really spoke to me , lol).... What a payoff for your perseverance! Congrats!

*applause*

Oh my goodness, thank you so much for your kind words!!! And yes, it was definitely a group effort and I absolutely wouldn’t have ended up where I am had it not been for this PS group.

You are most certainly not alone, and if nothing else, I am more indecisive than anyone I know. With my back and forth I even drove myself bonkers! I can’t imagine how DK felt. He has the patience of a saint. He just emailed my tweaks and said “Here’s XYZ. Let me know if any changes?” And that was that.

I am truly honored that everyone put so much time and energy in helping my vision come to life. I agree that it’s pretty perfect, but I’m a bit biased. :P2

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
36B0F45D-B640-4F61-9D9A-8815D17F1A3D.jpeg 7ED4EB11-2D91-40F2-BEDC-9864CAC4A040.jpeg 516447E6-3CDB-4CA0-AA7E-354C16F78F42.jpeg E5EB88D2-CC63-4EEC-A453-093A4B2853F4.jpeg

Sorry for anyone who’s following this thread and thought I had a completed ring to post. Nope...still don’t have the funds.

I was just feeling a little down today and pulling out my jewelry box sometimes takes my mind off things. I was painting the setting back to silver from gold and stopped after I got the baskets done. I’m kinda liking the two-tone look. Am I crazy? Should I just go all white gold and forget it?

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
36B0F45D-B640-4F61-9D9A-8815D17F1A3D.jpeg 7ED4EB11-2D91-40F2-BEDC-9864CAC4A040.jpeg 516447E6-3CDB-4CA0-AA7E-354C16F78F42.jpeg E5EB88D2-CC63-4EEC-A453-093A4B2853F4.jpeg

Sorry for anyone who’s following this thread and thought I had a completed ring to post. Nope...still don’t have the funds.

I was just feeling a little down today and pulling out my jewelry box sometimes takes my mind off things. I was painting the setting back to silver from gold and stopped after I got the baskets done. I’m kinda liking the two-tone look. Am I crazy? Should I just go all white gold and forget it?
Personally I love the two toned look and I think this setting is beautiful! :love:;)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results