shape
carat
color
clarity

Help With Three Stone DK CADs PLEASE!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
FA706D38-6CB7-40CB-A474-68D621A847B5.jpeg 91F03B65-1798-4C0C-AFA0-2970E970865D.jpeg CE8AC9B6-0911-45B9-81EC-9CA2891F6DB1.jpeg AF9C1536-4C1B-44EE-BCC5-475185B875D4.jpeg

I flipped a couple of my rings over to compare color. The bottom is 14k YG, middle is my 13 year old wedding set that’s never been replated, and it’s 14k WG, probably mixed with nickel since it came from Shane Co. and the top is a rhodium plated costume jewelry piece that hasn’t been worn at all so it’s still pretty white. I never realized how warm my wedding set had become until I held them side by side! Thoughts on color with my skin tone and the design?

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I’m blowing up this thread, but my earrings came! :lol-2:

This is 5/7/5 and I gotta say, I’m in love with the sizes! Not too big, not too small. Frankie is perfect! The smaller stone is half a mm shorter so hopefully it’ll bring down the height of the setting too.

1846CFF8-0AA4-4C66-807A-1620347CB5A5.jpeg BE0654F3-FBC7-4133-886A-A112813FB694.jpeg 724C8265-ED06-492F-83CE-A76958C8379A.jpeg 6379A5A7-0697-45A0-94E4-0681C6C6E6EF.jpeg

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
David just confirmed he can do an unplated "regular" 14k blend that will look just like the middle band. He's sending revised CADs with the new stone sizes too. :dance:

Hubby prefers WG over YG by far. While he's told me he absolutely doesn't care what I decide, this to me is a great compromise.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I think it's a good compromise too. Plus if you decide you want it whiter , you can always get it plated.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Great compromise for sure!!! The last pics are 5/7/5?

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's a good compromise too. Plus if you decide you want it whiter , you can always get it plated.

My thoughts exactly! And if I want YG, I can either mix metals with a band, or DK will always have my CAD on file, right? :lol-2:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I have to 2nd what everyone else has said here about voting for white metal (Looks great with your skin tone);)2 and if you go down in size 5/7/5 on the stones.=)2 I think that it will look great!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I have to 2nd what everyone else has said here about voting for white metal (Looks great with your skin tone);)2 and if you go down in size 5/7/5 on the stones.=)2 I think that it will look great!

Thank you for your input! I was waiting for you to chime in ;)2 :wavey:

I’m excited about the unplated WG, and I think it’ll have just the amount of warmth I’m looking for. And like @CHRISTY-DANIELLE said, I can always plate it later if I want!

5/7/5 is so perfect I can’t stand it. I just asked him if the sides can be tucked under the center any further, or if he had recommendations or suggestions. If not, I’ll leave it as-is. No biggie either way, but I don’t want a gap or dead space in between the stones.

I’m getting there, slowly but surely! :oops:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your input! I was waiting for you to chime in ;)2 :wavey:

I’m excited about the unplated WG, and I think it’ll have just the amount of warmth I’m looking for. And like @CHRISTY-DANIELLE said, I can always plate it later if I want!

5/7/5 is so perfect I can’t stand it. I just asked him if the sides can be tucked under the center any further, or if he had recommendations or suggestions. If not, I’ll leave it as-is. No biggie either way, but I don’t want a gap or dead space in between the stones.

I’m getting there, slowly but surely! :oops:

:lol-2:LOL, Sorry I have been away for a few days and this thread blew up big-time so I had to get caught up!!;)2

I agree with everything that you said and don't worry, this is not something that you want to rush anyway so taking your time and making sure that it goes how you want is very important. =)=) We cant wait to see a finished product!! This has been a FUN journey to take with you!!:mrgreen2: Gosh it is kind of like watching a baby be born!! (Is that weird??? LOL)

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
:lol-2:LOL, Sorry I have been away for a few days and this thread blew up big-time so I had to get caught up!!;)2

I agree with everything that you said and don't worry, this is not something that you want to rush anyway so taking your time and making sure that it goes how you want is very important. =)=) We cant wait to see a finished product!! This has been a FUN journey to take with you!!:mrgreen2: Gosh it is kind of like watching a baby be born!! (Is that weird??? LOL)

Yeah, I had a lot of indecisive moments these last few days but it all unwrinkled. :P2

Haha! No, not weird at all! I’ve gone on the same journey with some other over on WB and I love the process!

Man, it’s been a loooooong pregnancy though! :lol:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I had a lot of indecisive moments these last few days but it all unwrinkled. :P2

Haha! No, not weird at all! I’ve gone on the same journey with some other over on WB and I love the process!

Man, it’s been a loooooong pregnancy though! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: LOL!!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I got the CAD with the smaller stones. Not much difference visually, but I thought I’d update.

Emailed Tianyu for a quote on loose stones so I can save a few hundred $$$.

I also asked David to tuck the side stones in a little so there’s no gap from a top down view. Waiting for that, then I should be finished with the design process! Kinda sad it’s gonna be over soon. Lol

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
He’s adding the surprise aquamarine by hand so it’s not shown on the CAD. I’m undecided if I still want it, but I think it’ll add that something extra so I’ll probably go ahead with it.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
=)2 Looks great to me.. It is all coming together finally for you.. YAY!!:dance: Just think that long hard climb up that mountain is going to be so worth it soon!;)2 Keep hanging in and hanging on..

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Second guessing the surprise stone idea. I’m afraid it’ll end up falling out. Am I overthinking again due to too much coffee? Lol

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
The placement of the Tacori, but no cutouts or milgrain or engraving. Just set into the band like the BGD on the bottom.
3609349A-721D-4A54-9B89-C2E2D061DB90.jpeg B0577B38-A457-4F48-813D-5B6A1D48B409.jpeg

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
The placement of the Tacori, but no cutouts or milgrain or engraving. Just set into the band like the BGD on the bottom.
3609349A-721D-4A54-9B89-C2E2D061DB90.jpeg B0577B38-A457-4F48-813D-5B6A1D48B409.jpeg

Well I will say this, If you place it on the inside of the band I don't think you will have to worry about it falling out and losing it. I have never had one like that with the stone at the bottom of the band/shank so I cant say werther or not it might come out at some point. I would ask DK if there is a way that he could secure it that it wouldn't fall out too easily with everyday wear if I chose that option..;)2

I think adding a stone to the band is a great idea especially if you have kids! Who needs a mother's ring when you can incorporate the birthstones into the wedding ring? After all the kids come after the wedding anyway, LOL.. Well most of the time, haha..

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Haha! Very true! March is not only our daughter’s birthday, but also our anniversary month. I thought it would be neat to incorporate it. I know it would be more secure inside the band, but then no one sees it. :confused2: Any other placement ideas or should I just stick with my original idea?

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Haha! Very true! March is not only our daughter’s birthday, but also our anniversary month. I thought it would be neat to incorporate it. I know it would be more secure inside the band, but then no one sees it. :confused2: Any other placement ideas or should I just stick with my original idea?

Very special to add it in there then for sure!! :kiss2:
Are they going to see it at the bottom on the outside placement either as that will be against the inside of your finger? I mean the reason that you are adding it is because it is something very special to you and really only you and your hubby and daughter would know that it is there and the special meaning behind it. I guess what I am really saying is that no matter where it is placed in either one of those 2 spots no one else is going to see it or know that it is there except you guys. Unless you take the ring off and show it to someone.. So I guess either place would work but it just depends on where you want it..;)2

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Second guessing the surprise stone idea. I’m afraid it’ll end up falling out. Am I overthinking again due to too much coffee? Lol

I have no advice or experience with a surprise stone. I can’t say I’d get one for myself but if it makes you happy, go for it where it would make you smile when you see it. :twirl:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe I should get in on the very bottom of the band, either on the side or the bottom so it can be seen more. Still worried about it falling out. :think:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe I should get in on the very bottom of the band, either on the side or the bottom so it can be seen more. Still worried about it falling out. :think:

I would definitely talk to DK about that and see what options he has for that issue.;)2 He can probably work his magic to make sure it stays put wherever you decide to use it..

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
He did one recently on the very bottom, like if you flipped your hand over it was seen, and it had a little starburst etched around it. It was really cute. He’s never mentioned durability issues, but I’ll defintiely ask. Tacori has them on a ton of rings too, so I’d think there’s a way to secure it well.

We shall see!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
He did one recently on the very bottom, like if you flipped your hand over it was seen, and it had a little starburst etched around it. It was really cute. He’s never mentioned durability issues, but I’ll defintiely ask. Tacori has them on a ton of rings too, so I’d think there’s a way to secure it well.

We shall see!

:geek2:That sounds really neat! Is there anyway that you can post a photo of it? Would like to see that too. I think that the starburst design around the stone would look good otherwise.=)2

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
:geek2:That sounds really neat! Is there anyway that you can post a photo of it? Would like to see that too. I think that the starburst design around the stone would look good otherwise.=)2

I can’t remember where I saw it! :confused2: It was recently, and I think it belongs to a PSer, but I looked through the DK bling thread and couldn’t find it. Maybe it had a SMTB thread? I’ll try to find it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results