shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with this cushion cut!

KB0708

Rough_Rock
Hello! My husband upgraded my engagement diamond and we bought and subsequently received this diamond yesterday!

I didn't want crushed ice and this seemed to have really beautiful facets on the video. Kind of like a round!

I received it today and I'm posting some photos. I'm wondering if I should have purchased a second diamond for comparison. All I have is my original engagement ring from when we were just out of college and hadn't 'made it' in our careers. It was a couple hundred dollar purchase from a pawn shop and any diamond looks good next to it. :) I was able to rest it in an open set of prongs next to my old princess diamond.

We have 30 days to return and any advice is welcome. I don't have much diamond experience at all. I just found this site yesterday and have been reading through all the advice. What a great forum!

I have a short video, but can't figure out how to post it!

Here are the specs:

SHAPE:Cushion Modified
CARAT WEIGHT:1.73
COLOR:H
CLARITY:VS1
POLISH:Excellent
SYMMETRY:Excellent
FLUORESCENCE:Faint
L/W (MM):6.93*6.91
L/W RATIO:1.0

D1.jpg d2.jpg d3.jpg

KB0708

Rough_Rock
Work around! Youtube link!

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is as good as it gets for a non branded H&A style cushion with minimal leakage.

I guess you get a second stone for comparison, and will find out it was a waste of time because the original stone will outperform.

KB0708

Rough_Rock
I think it is as good as it gets for a non branded H&A style cushion with minimal leakage.

I guess you get a second stone for comparison, and will find out it was a waste of time because the original stone will outperform.

Thank you! I’ve been so nervous making a $10k purchase online with no expert help. I reviewed the GIA report and it has a depth of 69.7%. Is this something to be concerned with? It seems outside the ideal range...

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I’ve been so nervous making a $10k purchase online with no expert help. I reviewed the GIA report and it has a depth of 69.7%. Is this something to be concerned with? It seems outside the ideal range...

It is perfectly fine for a H&A style cushion. Other branded ones have depth between 68% and 71%.

Regardless, it is a steal at 10k.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this! I like h&a cushions and this looks like a great one

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new cushion is just lovely, a true square cushion with beautiful H&A faceting and a lively performance ... I don't think you'll find better particularly at that price point.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results