shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with stamps in British ring please?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey all!

I am wondering about the stamps on this ring, looking up marks for British origin, I’ve figured out everything except the last character to date it. These are the best pics I could get, any thoughts? This isn’t a ring I’m looking to sell, just looking to get more info on it. TIA! 425912ED-230B-414E-A0D0-9413C82C4911.jpeg

Also the ring is stamped with a maker mark that looks like MJA in a rectangle. Haven’t been able to decipher what this stands for. Sorry this pic is such rubbish!

9A42706E-8C1A-4E21-A5DE-B2C28E005023.jpeg

Daze

Rough_Rock
Hello, long time lurker here but since this ring is from across the pond where I am I was curious and had a gander. It looks very much to me like that X with a flourish, so Birmingham 1997? What do you think, Yay or nay?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah okay thank you so much @Daze! Yes, I do think it’s 1997 looking at this chart. I had found another chart online but the characters were much harder to read and therefore match.

@stracci2000, it’s the ruby ring I bought recently ;-)

Cool thing, I graduated in 1997, so the year has significance.

Daze

Rough_Rock
Oh yes do show :)

I thought the hallmarks looked like they had a little more age to them but none of the other letter styles are anywhere near as close as the swirly 1997 X.

I’m not familiar with the makers mark, had a search online but it was fruitless. That being said it’s 4am here and am getting bleary eyed so perhaps I overlooked something. Will have another look tomorrow if you’ve not solved the mystery before then.

Daze

Rough_Rock
Oh goodness, that really is stunning!!

Happy to help. This may give me a little more confidence to actually post and contribute here more often so thank you :)

Right, my bed is calling and probably scolding me for pouring over vintage jewellery until silly o’clock….again. Hehe. Night lovelies.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh goodness, that really is stunning!!

Happy to help. This may give me a little more confidence to actually post and contribute here more often so thank you :)

Right, my bed is calling and probably scolding me for pouring over vintage jewellery until silly o’clock….again. Hehe. Night lovelies.

please post more often =)2

no one has to be an expert to offer a kind opinion

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results