shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with stamps in British ring please?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey all!

I am wondering about the stamps on this ring, looking up marks for British origin, I’ve figured out everything except the last character to date it. These are the best pics I could get, any thoughts? This isn’t a ring I’m looking to sell, just looking to get more info on it. TIA!425912ED-230B-414E-A0D0-9413C82C4911.jpeg

Also the ring is stamped with a maker mark that looks like MJA in a rectangle. Haven’t been able to decipher what this stands for. Sorry this pic is such rubbish!

9A42706E-8C1A-4E21-A5DE-B2C28E005023.jpeg

Hello, long time lurker here but since this ring is from across the pond where I am I was curious and had a gander. It looks very much to me like that X with a flourish, so Birmingham 1997? What do you think, Yay or nay?

Ah okay thank you so much @Daze! Yes, I do think it’s 1997 looking at this chart. I had found another chart online but the characters were much harder to read and therefore match.

@stracci2000, it’s the ruby ring I bought recently ;)

Cool thing, I graduated in 1997, so the year has significance.

For anyone interested, this is the ring:

0A9FFA1F-1320-4D74-943D-CAD7524D9833.jpeg

Oh yes do show :)

I thought the hallmarks looked like they had a little more age to them but none of the other letter styles are anywhere near as close as the swirly 1997 X.

I’m not familiar with the makers mark, had a search online but it was fruitless. That being said it’s 4am here and am getting bleary eyed so perhaps I overlooked something. Will have another look tomorrow if you’ve not solved the mystery before then.

Oh goodness, that really is stunning!!

Happy to help. This may give me a little more confidence to actually post and contribute here more often so thank you :)

Right, my bed is calling and probably scolding me for pouring over vintage jewellery until silly o’clock….again. Hehe. Night lovelies.

Oh goodness, that really is stunning!!

Happy to help. This may give me a little more confidence to actually post and contribute here more often so thank you :)

Right, my bed is calling and probably scolding me for pouring over vintage jewellery until silly o’clock….again. Hehe. Night lovelies.

please post more often =)2

no one has to be an expert to offer a kind opinion

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP