shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with sizing a 2/3 eternity band

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all!
A while back I started a thread about sizing a 2/3 eternity band down for myself. Now my circumstances have changed and im trying to sell again. I have an interested party, but she wants to know if its able to be sized down to a 4 (its now a very roomy size 6) . I'm wondering if anyone has any opinions on this?
Heres the ring:
20200211_194921.jpg 20200211_194838.jpg 20200211_194957.jpg

Thanks in advance!!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I think it is too much a size difference but you could easily take it to a jeweler to get their input. That's a large difference and, given it has stones, you don't want to compromise the security of them not falling out. There is quite a bit of plain shank, but I don't know if the diamond part would require too much of a "curve" to get it to a 4.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I think it is too much a size difference but you could easily take it to a jeweler to get their input. That's a large difference and, given it has stones, you don't want to compromise the security of them not falling out. There is quite a bit of plain shank, but I don't know if the diamond part would require too much of a "curve" to get it to a 4.

Thank you for your input! I dont really want to take it to a jeweler and have them say "sure, no problem!" (I dont really trust anyone in my area) and then have my buyer take it to another jeweler and have them say "no way, cant be done".

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your input! I dont really want to take it to a jeweler and have them say "sure, no problem!" (I dont really trust anyone in my area) and then have my buyer take it to another jeweler and have them say "no way, cant be done".

Totally get what you are saying! Perhaps this "isn't your buyer"... although if you have someone that wants to buy it, you want to sell it! I suppose it really isn't your job to tell them if it will work or not... you are not a jeweler nor are you claiming to be. It is really incumbent upon them to do the legwork and investigating... and whether you will allow a return or it's final sale and it's their choice to make the investment unknowing whether it can be sized to fit.
BTW - I LOVE your avatar diamond - GORGEOUS!

Jgramm

Rough_Rock

Totally get what you are saying! Perhaps this "isn't your buyer"... although if you have someone that wants to buy it, you want to sell it! I suppose it really isn't your job to tell them if it will work or not... you are not a jeweler nor are you claiming to be. It is really incumbent upon them to do the legwork and investigating... and whether you will allow a return or it's final sale and it's their choice to make the investment unknowing whether it can be sized to fit.

@meesmom you are so kind! I really appreciate you helping gather data for me! Best of luck to you

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock

Oh thank you! Its just my 1.5 ct. solitaire, not ideal cut or anything, but I love it!=)2
I had another thread posted about the ring being sized (for me, but not so much of a change) about 2 months ago, and a couple of trade members chimed in, so i figured it was worth a shot to try again. I think you are right, tho, its too much of a sizing risk!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
@meesmom you are so kind! I really appreciate you helping gather data for me! Best of luck to you

Np, I hope you find the perfect band soon. I would keep looking at bands that are similar, esp. if its going with the ring in your avitar. Its gonna look spectacular! :kiss2:

Jgramm

Rough_Rock
Np, I hope you find the perfect band soon. I would keep looking at bands that are similar, esp. if its going with the ring in your avitar. Its gonna look spectacular! :kiss2:
Thank you! It will definitely be worn with the ring in my avatar

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think given that you said this 6 fits more like a 7, taking it down to a 4 is more like 3 sizes rather than 2, so imo I would not size down so far with a pave band.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results