carat
color
clarity

Help with side stone proportions

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all,

I found this ring and wondering if anyone knows the source image, that might have details, or can help me with the proportions. I have no information about the ring, but I love the proportion of the center stone to the side stones. The halo stones and side stones seem equal to my eye.

Anyone hazard a guess on the relative proportions in mm between the center and sides stones? ring_i.jpg

Thanks a bunch!

ring_i.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a photo from lang antiques I believe, based on the background.

I need to know the mm size of the stone or shank before I can guess that size of the melee

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was a great lead! :clap: I totally see that the background and photos style match perfectly.

I found the ring in their archive. The center stone is 0.84 carats, European Cut (6.24 x 6.05 x 3.22). They list the 22 side stones as 0.50 carat total weight, Round Brilliant Cut. So, if I can still do math, that makes each side stone about .02 carats. That would make them 1.7 mm. So, the side stones are 27% of the center stone. Did I do that correctly?

Link to ring: http://www.langantiques.com/84-carat-center-estate-diamond-engagement-ring.html

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring
    Love Conquers All- Quarantined and Engaged
    Love Conquers All- Quarantined and Engaged

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.