shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with setting name

Round Halo Lover

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help. I'm trying to research halo settings and I don't know the official term for the style I'm looking for. I'm hoping someone here can help me!!

I'm looking for a halo but where the diamonds go around the halo part on the side. So if you are looking at the profile of the ring you will see a row of stones on the halo metal.

Celebrating25

Rough_Rock
Could you post a picture of what you are referring to? If this picture represents the type of halo you are talking about (this is my ring), I would refer to this as a double halo.

final_25th_anniversary_ring_by_david_klass_4.jpg

Your jeweler will likely find it helpful if you provide a picture of the halo design you like, as there are so many different types of halos (and even double halos can be made and set lots of different ways).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A double halo is when there are two rows of diamonds around the center stone. You just want diamonds on the side of your halo.

Round Halo Lover

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all.

Yes, I think it's a two sided halo rather than a double (two rows) that I'm looking for. I want it on a plain cathedral band and it's impossible to find pics!!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Round Halo Lover|1450708245|3964205 said:
Thank you all.

Yes, I think it's a two sided halo rather than a double (two rows) that I'm looking for. I want it on a plain cathedral band and it's impossible to find pics!!
I too have not been able to find for you (via a Google Images search) a doublei-sided halo, "stock" setting currently being offered with a plain shank.

Hopefully, PSers who know of more settings off the top of their head than I do can offer you some leads. Seems odd that no designer/manufacturer is presently carrying such a setting & that you will have to do a custom order.

Round Halo Lover

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Molly Malone. I should haven mentioned that I'm in Ireland and I will have to do a custom order anyway as my jeweller doesn't sell premade settings. I just need to show him lots of photos of what I want but it's so difficult to find pics.

I did find this one via a Google image search. It's a pricescope members.

Gypsy, I didn't know there were different types of pave! Thank you for that link!

_855.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results