shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with setting name

Round Halo Lover

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help. I'm trying to research halo settings and I don't know the official term for the style I'm looking for. I'm hoping someone here can help me!!

I'm looking for a halo but where the diamonds go around the halo part on the side. So if you are looking at the profile of the ring you will see a row of stones on the halo metal.

Could you post a picture of what you are referring to? If this picture represents the type of halo you are talking about (this is my ring), I would refer to this as a double halo.

final_25th_anniversary_ring_by_david_klass_4.jpg

Your jeweler will likely find it helpful if you provide a picture of the halo design you like, as there are so many different types of halos (and even double halos can be made and set lots of different ways).

A double halo is when there are two rows of diamonds around the center stone. You just want diamonds on the side of your halo.

Thank you all.

Yes, I think it's a two sided halo rather than a double (two rows) that I'm looking for. I want it on a plain cathedral band and it's impossible to find pics!!

Round Halo Lover|1450708245|3964205 said:
Thank you all.

Yes, I think it's a two sided halo rather than a double (two rows) that I'm looking for. I want it on a plain cathedral band and it's impossible to find pics!!
I too have not been able to find for you (via a Google Images search) a doublei-sided halo, "stock" setting currently being offered with a plain shank.

Hopefully, PSers who know of more settings off the top of their head than I do can offer you some leads. Seems odd that no designer/manufacturer is presently carrying such a setting & that you will have to do a custom order.

Thanks Molly Malone. I should haven mentioned that I'm in Ireland and I will have to do a custom order anyway as my jeweller doesn't sell premade settings. I just need to show him lots of photos of what I want but it's so difficult to find pics.

I did find this one via a Google image search. It's a pricescope members.

Gypsy, I didn't know there were different types of pave! Thank you for that link!

_855.png

Thanks! I will take a look

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP