shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with selecting a diamond for a pendant !

sweetnova

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

I am asking you for your expert opinion on this diamond. I am looking to get a bezel set diamond pendant. I saw a video of the diamond and it looked very yellow to me. Should I go ahead and get it or wait for something else to come by?

Thank you!

Attachments

• 1176558535.pdf
    707.4 KB · Views: 77
Q

Queenie60

It is a J, SI2. There will be a tint to the stone that you will see, especially if you're color sensitive. And inclusions in SI2 stones can usually been seen by the naked eye with some exceptions. I would suggest you contact Yekutiel at ID Jewelry to see if he can find a nice stone and make a pendant for you. He is a PS recommended vendor and can find something within your budget. Good luck, I hope you find what you're looking for.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Videos don't necessarily tell the whole story, unfortunately.
What color diamonds do you currently have? Are they earrings? Rings? Certed? Uncerted?

Can you increase your budget and go with a higher color?

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Call Leslie at BGD.

sweetnova

Rough_Rock
PintoBean|1470177727|4061834 said:
Videos don't necessarily tell the whole story, unfortunately.
What color diamonds do you currently have? Are they earrings? Rings? Certed? Uncerted?

Can you increase your budget and go with a higher color?
I currently have H earrings and my whiteflash 5 stone trellis ring has F colored diamonds. I am only worried that the inclusion that runs across the diamond will be very visible:(

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you increase your budget, or would you be willing to drop in size if your budget is firm? I think that you should stick to the H/I color with Fluor if possible that has no negative impact since you have diamonds no lower than H in color, around 0.9 to 0.99 ct to avoid the jump in price at the 1 ct Mark to try and offset the increase in price that goes along with higher colored stones.

sweetnova

Rough_Rock
PintoBean|1470365645|4062677 said:
Can you increase your budget, or would you be willing to drop in size if your budget is firm? I think that you should stick to the H/I color with Fluor if possible that has no negative impact since you have diamonds no lower than H in color, around 0.9 to 0.99 ct to avoid the jump in price at the 1 ct Mark to try and offset the increase in price that goes along with higher colored stones.
Thank you PintoBean! This diamond does have a strong fluorescence. I want to get it set in yellow gold and I read that yg makes stones look whiter- not sure how true that's is.I'll see if I can find another stone. I also do have ASET pictures of the stone, but can't make out much from them:(. I am a novice:(

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sweetnova said:
Thank you PintoBean! This diamond does have a strong fluorescence. I want to get it set in yellow gold and I read that yg makes stones look whiter- not sure how true that's is.I'll see if I can find another stone. I also do have ASET pictures of the stone, but can't make out much from them:(. I am a novice:(
What type of setting are you planning to set the diamond in? Go with YG if YG looks good on you, to you. Don't opt for it just because you hope it will make the diamond look whiter. :wacko: Depending on the type of setting, sometimes people opt to do a white gold head and a yellow gold chain, for example, in a prong setting.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results