shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with sapphire e-ring redesign - 3 stone design

svenska1

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, thanks for all the replies! We went out of town and are now revisiting. We talked and decided to do something different.......shocker! I really want to set it east-west and keep the halo. I have some smaller diamonds that we want to beadset into the band.....have them taper down in size. I'm awaiting a rendering from the jeweler now.

As for the size, I have really small hands, so maybe that's why? My ring size is 4.5. The sapphire is like 7.02x5.59 or something along those lines.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@svenska1 Sounds GREAT! I really liked the East West posted above.

Keep us updated on the progress this will be a stunning redo.

svenska1

Rough_Rock
@svenska1 Sounds GREAT! I really liked the East West posted above.

Keep us updated on the progress this will be a stunning redo.

Will do! I got the design finalized and locked down with the jeweler, and received an update today that the ring will be done next week! I’ll uodate when we get it back. I’m so curious because the CAD renderings are a bit more boxy and chunky than the ring will be, and I’m having a hard time visualizing the final product.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Hej Svensk1 - are you able to upload any hand shots of your ring? I was curious what it looked like on your finger. I just happened to do a search and came up with your thread because I am also re-doing an oval sapphire ring right now. I was thinking of doing the ‘pear’ just like you did on the first page but I was also going to do it with a partial pave band plus milligran & hand engraving. The original 3 stone ring I inherited has 2 (1/3) carat round brilliants but I was trying to give it an updated look with the pears. I wanted to see what yours looked like with a hand shot just so I could get an idea of an antique halo look as well....tack.

svenska1

Rough_Rock
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Swaye2010, yep here you go! I’m so happy with it. The milgrain on mine is super fine, which I love. My diamonds were round brilliants, 1/8ct each. We added a smaller one below each to taper it.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is stunning!!!
You have made great choices. Enjoy wearing your beauty and please post a lot more pics.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the pic’s. I can’t believe how big your stone looks. I think it was smart to face it east/west for finger coverage. It is a very unique setting...a bit of vintage and modern all in one. I am going to go with the pears and some very small pave. I started a thread and am working on the CAD’s right now. I will post a pic here when it is done so you can see how your original idea could have looked....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results