shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with ring design

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
So I have accumulated some very pretty spinels [3 from Dan, 1 from Barry] and I was considering combining them into one piece. They are about the same size [5.85mm-6.1mm] and are similar in color - blue, bluish purple, purple.

I was thinking about a ring...but nothing that would put the stones in a row - obviously, they won''t fit. :) But I was considering something cluster-y. Have you seen any designs of cluster rings that you like? I''ve never looked for them or paid attention to them, and don''t even know where to start.

Attached is an iPhone pic of the general color and size when put next to each other.

Any thoughts?

kizzspinels.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about arranged in kind of a diamond shape? Or three in a triangle around the fourth stone?

Have any more pics?

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
i do have more pics of the individual stones, i''ll have to dig them up from various threads. the weather sucks today or i''d take new ones...

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
lavender alone

DSC05203 (Medium).JPG

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
all together.

DSC05231 (Medium).JPG

ma re

Ideal_Rock
If colors are (as they seem to me) 2 blue, 1 purple and one somewhere in the middle, I''d set two blue ones left and right, purple one below the spot in which they meet, and a bluish-purple one on the opposite side of the purple. You''d end up with something quite similar to a clover leaf design, with the stones of the same color on the opposite sides, and the other two on the north and south end. I have to say that their sizes put quite a bit of limitations on the design.

Or you can have each of them in a different stacker.

Or you can have all four set in the same ring, but each in it''s own individual bezel, possibly in a combination of metals?

Or you can have something like a flower design, where every stone would be an individual flower, whose stalk is coming out of the shank (maybe two from each side of the shank, and streaching towards the top and bottom respectively?

Should I go on?
9.gif

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
maybe they are too big for one ring. boo. i thought that maybe since they were so close in color i could combine them.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 2:12:34 PM
Author: ma re
If colors are (as they seem to me) 2 blue, 1 purple and one somewhere in the middle, I''d set two blue ones left and right, purple one below the spot in which they meet, and a bluish-purple one on the opposite side of the purple. You''d end up with something quite similar to a clover leaf design, with the stones of the same color on the opposite sides, and the other two on the north and south end. I have to say that their sizes put quite a bit of limitations on the design.

Or you can have each of them in a different stacker.

Or you can have all four set in the same ring, but each in it''s own individual bezel, possibly in a combination of metals?

Or you can have something like a flower design, where every stone would be an individual flower, whose stalk is coming out of the shank (maybe two from each side of the shank, and streaching towards the top and bottom respectively?

Should I go on?
9.gif
i like your suggestions :)

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Does it have to be ring? I think they look pretty all in a row in your picture. How about a pendant with the 4 in a vertical line, either prong set or bezeled? Or maybe a DBTY style necklace, either by themselves or with smaller bezeled diamonds in between.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 2:41:47 PM
Author: Kay
Does it have to be ring? I think they look pretty all in a row in your picture. How about a pendant with the 4 in a vertical line, either prong set or bezeled? Or maybe a DBTY style necklace, either by themselves or with smaller bezeled diamonds in between.
I''d prefer a ring so I could always look at it. :) But maybe a necklace is better.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
here are two that I thought of.

multistonedt  0909.JPG

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 3:06:43 PM
Author: D&T
here are two that I thought of.
very pretty!!!!! i emailed Julia too to see if she had any ideas. :)

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I know you want a ring but I LOVE the DBTY idea. Instead of doing all 4 would you do 3? I know Julia has done some great 3 stone rings. I would be the two more blue ones on the side with the lavendar one in the center...that could be stunning.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
I had a similar thought to D+T's. And can I just say, those stones are lovely together!

ETA: If you want to be able to see it a lot, would you be interested in a bracelet or some kind of cuff? I think the DBTY idea could work as a bracelet, too.

Vincent3stone.jpg

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Due to the size of the stones I''d think about a larger piece like a necklace or bracelet or something similar.

And for the clueless here, what is DBTY?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s diamonds by the yard? I think.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
so julia is pretty much the most awesome designer ever. i contacted her and told her my idea. she sent sketches within the hour.

i love them both! but can only choose one. thoughts? :)

JuliaIsAwesome.jpg

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 7:23:38 PM
Author: Sarahbear621
I know you want a ring but I LOVE the DBTY idea. Instead of doing all 4 would you do 3? I know Julia has done some great 3 stone rings. I would be the two more blue ones on the side with the lavendar one in the center...that could be stunning.
that could be pretty! maybe i would start wearing bracelets!!

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 7:40:05 PM
Author: Novel
I had a similar thought to D+T''s. And can I just say, those stones are lovely together!

ETA: If you want to be able to see it a lot, would you be interested in a bracelet or some kind of cuff? I think the DBTY idea could work as a bracelet, too.
thanks so much!!! :)

i really like this ring!!!!!!!!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dang, Julia''s really something! Does she sleep, I wonder? I really like the one on the bottom a LOT!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
The first one D&T posted is a lot like my flower idea, but in mine, curved elements (stalks) would streach in both directions. And Julia''s upper right design is a lot like my clover leaf idea. I also like her other suggestions, they''re all really interesting.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/25/2009 2:53:14 AM
Author: ma re
The first one D&T posted is a lot like my flower idea, but in mine, curved elements (stalks) would streach in both directions. And Julia''s upper right design is a lot like my clover leaf idea. I also like her other suggestions, they''re all really interesting.
i really do like the top right corner sketch. i''d love to see them all next to each other.

decisions, decisions!!! :)

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Those are lovely! Have you seen her ring with the two amethysts? I think she is probably working off those. Great, isn''t she? I like the top two the best, but they''re all great. Decisions!

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 8:53:24 PM
Author: karee888
so julia is pretty much the most awesome designer ever. i contacted her and told her my idea. she sent sketches within the hour.

i love them both! but can only choose one. thoughts? :)
i think i am going to go with the clustery one!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results