shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Restoration/Emerald Line Bracelet

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I got the report today. Rather limited in scope it seems. However, chatting with the appraiser I got a little more info. Most of the stones are Colombian or Russian—they couldn’t say for sure which origin. A few are Zambian/Brazilian. My best guess is that this bracelet was restored with modern stones—Zambian emeralds are a more recent discovery. Treatment mild to moderate.

The good news is how well the stones match.

Now I need to consider if more testing is what I want to do. And what would I do with the info? Replace the non-Colombian stones? Might be too much to hope for.

I’d personally leave it fully intact. Part of the charm of this piece is that the stones have different origins but are exquisite matches - it’s an antique piece which makes it all the more special.

I’m not necessarily a purist that feels that antiques cannot be modified, but in this case I think you’ve got an amazing piece and trying to improve on it would have diminishing returns

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This has been such a fun and exciting thread to follow. So happy with the results that the emeralds are natural. The bracelet is beautiful.

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with @Cerulean and @Rfisher. This is what I need for mind clean—natural emeralds. And it’s wearable as is. It doesn’t have to be all Colombian and no treatment. The simple fact that the stones march in color, without being pulled from the ground together, is another miracle.

Thank you for letting me process the information as I learn more. This community is so wonderful for that!

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with @Cerulean and @Rfisher. This is what I need for mind clean—natural emeralds. And it’s wearable as is. It doesn’t have to be all Colombian and no treatment. The simple fact that the stones march in color, without being pulled from the ground together, is another miracle.

Thank you for letting me process the information as I learn more. This community is so wonderful for that!

And an update…enquiring minds and all that. I dropped the bracelet off at AGL for a check. They are going to look at a random 50% for ID, treatment and origin. Will update!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results