shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with questions about replacing loose melee stones

Does anyone know if Tiffany replaces loose melee stones? It is included when I make the purchase or would I have to buy their insurance to be covered? Can they replace it on-site or do they send it off?

I’m looking for an eternity band and am leaning towards the Tiffany Metro (but am open to similar bands if you'd provide me some links :naughty: ) because if I ever lose a stone, I can walk into a store as compared to an online vendor.

Has this happened to anyone who purchased online? Did you go with a local jeweler? How much does it usually cost to replace melees if say I couldn’t find the missing/loose melee stone or did you send it back to the online vendor you purchased it from to be reset? What’s the process and was it process hard?

What do you gals (and or guys, if any ;-) ) think? Should I save myself the hassle and buy locally? Thanks in advance!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
My jeweler is local. He replaces lost melee at no charge and is cheerful about it. He always reminds me that his work is guaranteed for life. I should add that my melee is only 1/2 point each, so they are probably not expensive to replace.

Thanks for the reply Pink Tower. The thing is that I don't have a jeweler I'm close to or have worked with so I wouldn't know where to begin. Bumping in hopes of getting more replies.

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
Pink Tower|1305832078|2925849 said:
My jeweler is local. He replaces lost melee at no charge and is cheerful about it. He always reminds me that his work is guaranteed for life. I should add that my melee is only 1/2 point each, so they are probably not expensive to replace.

My jeweler is the same way. And my melee are 3 pointers. :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would save money and buy online.

If you buy a high quality version from an online vendor, repairs will be minimal. If you need it, a 1/2 point stone costs very little -- I recall my 5 pointer cost about $40 retail, so a half pointer is almost free :cheeky: Maybe $10 retail?? Labour is another issue and will vary greatly from jeweler to jewler. You would want a store with a bench on site if possible, to cut costs and time on the repair.

Shop around and try to find a place you like and trust, you can even ask them what they charge for repairs and compare various stores. Having that information would help. And you really need a local jeweler anyways, for repairs and polishing or plating, so creating a relationship now can't hurt whichever choice you make.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, loosing melee should not be a regular occurance. It will not drive my decision on the vendor. With that said, I still think the Tiffany Metro is a lovely band.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results