shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Pricing my diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amp1029

Rough_Rock
Hi all-
about a month ago I posted a topic regarding selling the diamond from my engagement ring because sadly it had ended. Well the certificate that came with the diamond was not from a credited lab. So I went to GIA and got an official grading report. So now that I have this I need help figuring out an approx price to shop it around at.
Here are the specs

Square Emerald Cut
Carat Weight-1.90
Color-J
Clarity-VS2
Total Depth:63.7%
Table Size-80%
Girdle-Thin to Thick
Cutlet-None
Polish-Good
Symmetry-Good
Fluorescence-Faint

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
thanks!!

Moh 10

Brilliant_Rock
Does your GIA report tell you crown and pavilion angles?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2009 4:30:53 PM
Author:Amp1029
Hi all-
about a month ago I posted a topic regarding selling the diamond from my engagement ring because sadly it had ended. Well the certificate that came with the diamond was not from a credited lab. So I went to GIA and got an official grading report. So now that I have this I need help figuring out an approx price to shop it around at.
Here are the specs

Square Emerald Cut
Carat Weight-1.90
Color-J
Clarity-VS2
Total Depth:63.7%
Table Size-80%
Girdle-Thin to Thick
Cutlet-None
Polish-Good
Symmetry-Good
Fluorescence-Faint

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
thanks!!
Hi Amp,

From a quick look at the proportions, the table is very large compared to the depth, this could lead to a lack of crown height in the emerald cut and a potential glassy look due to the table size also. The signs are that this isn't the best cut EC available...But what I would do if you want to try to sell it is to contact an independant appraiser and ask them to evaluate it for a suitable price you could try to sell it at. Be aware that regrettably it is usual to only recoup around 30 - 50% of what you paid for it also.

https://www.pricescope.com/appr_list.aspx Appraisers list.

Article with advice on selling - https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-new-article-a-guide-to-selling-diamonds.107836/

I wish you the best of luck in your endeavour, sorry to hear about your engagement.

Amp1029

Rough_Rock
sorry for the late reply... the report does not specify the crown and pavilion angles...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2009 12:37:56 PM
Author: Amp1029
sorry for the late reply... the report does not specify the crown and pavilion angles...
Please don't worry, the crown and pavilion angles in emerald cuts aren't essential in the same way as they are for rounds, so we don't need them in this case, nor will they be on the report.

Have you had any luck with an appraiser or getting a price?

Amp1029

Rough_Rock
lorelei
I have not had any luck, I went to one place and the guy seemed a little shady and said he would pay a very low amount for it. I want to keep shopping it around but just can not figure out a good asking price.
any suggestions

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2009 10:55:33 PM
Author: Amp1029
lorelei
I have not had any luck, I went to one place and the guy seemed a little shady and said he would pay a very low amount for it. I want to keep shopping it around but just can not figure out a good asking price.
any suggestions
I''m sorry, I know this is difficult. I would really get an independant appraiser to look at it and suggest a suitable price to aim for, then at least you will know what is fair.

JZuino

Rough_Rock
You can try to sell the diamond on consignment with a jeweler. The downside is you won''t receive your money until the diamond sells. Hope that helps a little.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results