shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with picking side stones.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
I need some help please!! I have been looking for some new side stones for my reset. I am very lucky to have two pairs of beautiful baby OECs and baby AVCs to choose from. Both avcs match, the one on the right is sideways, also, the loose stones are sitting on top of the current side pears and my phone cover is pink.
When I found the oecs, I loved them. They were the ONES until about a week later when I happened to find these avcs and they are gorgeous! Both pairs are very fiery. If I go with the oecs, I kinda like the idea of having two different old cuts in my ring and if I went with the avcs, it would be AVC HEAVEN!!
1616293089753.png

1616296397755.png

And to add more confusion, I also recently picked up the pearl ring from @marymm and I could reuse that to make a chunky halo instead. Thoughts on what to do?
1616298342246.png

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m a fan of all 3 AVCs!!! Just a personal preference.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would do all 3 AVC's as well. I've been looking for a small pair of AVC's as side stones for my AVC and they are quite hard to find. You are lucky to have them.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The AVCs are also most pleasing to me. The halo would be chunkalicious and give you lots more finger coverage, but I think you’d have competition for the beauty of the center stone with the size of those melee.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The three AVCs look amazing together, very eye-catching and all-around complimentary!

If you go that route, then you could make earrings or a moi-and-toi out of the OECs... and with regard to the halo, I personally love a chunky, scalloped halo around a colored stone, if you have one or have been wanting one? The you would have a killer three-stone, some delightful earrings, and a knock-out CS halo ring!

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
I’m a fan of all 3 AVCs!!! Just a personal preference.

Thank you for chiming me in. It is my favorite too but I was so set on a 5mm stones and they are just a tad smaller. But I have been staring at those photos and I think, the smaller size does look more pleasing to me.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you try contacting Good Old Gold? I know they did have a pair of Ms AVCs. This is the photo that David sent me of the pair next to a 2ct K.

1616334655576.png

No, but I will! Thank you.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
The AVCs are also most pleasing to me. The halo would be chunkalicious and give you lots more finger coverage, but I think you’d have competition for the beauty of the center stone with the size of those melee.

I think you are right! It was just decision paralysis....first I had no choice and then in a matter of one week, I kid you not, I had 3 great options.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
f you go that route, then you could make earrings or a moi-and-toi out of the OECs... and with regard to the halo, I personally love a chunky, scalloped halo around a colored stone, if you have one or have been wanting one? The you would have a killer three-stone, some delightful earrings, and a knock-out CS halo ring!

OMG!!! You have my jewelry collection mapped out!! :lol: I did think of all those options ... its like diamond heaven. I was actually thinking of taking those baby oecs and making them into a band. But as I was doing some looking around for earrings inspiration I came upon these and thought about taking a couple of those stones and pairing them with the bigger oecs :kiss2: but then I thought about a chunkalicous cs halo ring too :bigsmile: So many projects so little $$
1616336132312.png

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
I had thought about that pearl halo as a remake fur my oec as well @CHRISTY-DANIELLE did a mock up for me. 1616337670520.jpeg

OMG!! that is gorgeous :kiss2::kiss2:. That would be a fireball of a ring! Would you call that a cluster/daisy ring or a halo ring?
That ring is so well made, I am a little sad to take it apart but it is a size 4 1/2 and I am a size 7 ;(

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3 AVC’s!!!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!!! You have my jewelry collection mapped out!! :lol: I did think of all those options ... its like diamond heaven. I was actually thinking of taking those baby oecs and making them into a band. But as I was doing some looking around for earrings inspiration I came upon these and thought about taking a couple of those stones and pairing them with the bigger oecs :kiss2: but then I thought about a chunkalicous cs halo ring too :bigsmile: So many projects so little $$
1616336132312.png

:lol: Great minds (and fellow jewelry lovers)...

You have a lot of options, and they're all awesome!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
What size are your baby AVCs? I love them!

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
3 AVC’s!!!

Thank you for chiming in! I have been stalking your post to see if you posted about your new 3 stone setting. I love that the side stones are smaller and make your center stone pop!! Did you post more photos of it ?

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
I had thought about that pearl halo as a remake fur my oec as well @CHRISTY-DANIELLE did a mock up for me. 1616337670520.jpeg

Taylorbug, can you give me the link to that thread? Curious to see what other ideas you are thinking of too. Thanks.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the little AVCs also. Bezel them if you’d like more presence? This is going to be gorgeous!!
Of course, the rounds are beautiful too and would look like Meghan Markle’s three stone....

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for chiming in! I have been stalking your post to see if you posted about your new 3 stone setting. I love that the side stones are smaller and make your center stone pop!! Did you post more photos of it ?

Hi! Not too many as I think it’s a pretty basic setting. But ty!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the little AVCs also. Bezel them if you’d like more presence? This is going to be gorgeous!!
Of course, the rounds are beautiful too and would look like Meghan Markle’s three stone....
This!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote 3 AVCs too! Fun to have options to consider!

dmack

Shiny_Rock
Another one for the AVCs. The shape symmetry is everything. Damn, this is gonna be a good ring!

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
I vote 3 AVCs too! Fun to have options to consider!

Thank you! Yes, so much more fun than stressing out the last 4 months, always losing out on side stones!
Another one for the AVCs. The shape symmetry is everything. Damn, this is gonna be a good ring!
Thank you!! I hope so too. Now that the hard part of looking for sides are over, I'm ready for the fun part , deciding on the setting!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you try contacting Good Old Gold? I know they did have a pair of Ms AVCs. This is the photo that David sent me of the pair next to a 2ct K.

1616334655576.png

@Diamondbug, thank you so much for telling me this. They were still available and I will have them tomorrow to use as side stones for my M colored AVC. I don't know why I didn't try contacting GOG myself, but I didn't. I never thought I'd find small AVCs in the right color. Just as an FYI for anyone reading this, they do have a few more pair of small AVC's, generally even warmer, perhaps O-P color, if anyone is interested.

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for 3 AVCs as well. They’re so pretty!

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
@Diamondbug, thank you so much for telling me this. They were still available and I will have them tomorrow to use as side stones for my M colored AVC. I don't know why I didn't try contacting GOG myself, but I didn't. I never thought I'd find small AVCs in the right color. Just as an FYI for anyone reading this, they do have a few more pair of small AVC's, generally even warmer, perhaps O-P color, if anyone is interested.

YAY!!!! So happy for you. I emailed David and told him you might be contacting him. I am so excited, that is so perfect for you. So tell me do you have any ideas on what setting and who's making it? We could be twinsies..... I don't know why I am so excited but I AM!!! Tell me more about your AVC... photos, please?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results