shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with OEC ring please!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If your budget can be stretched, I would get the CvB Clara halo from LAD. It’s a gorgeous ring with a very pretty OEC (Love the small table). I think it would be perfect as a RHR. It doesn’t look too engagement-y at all. Maybe try and negotiate the price down a bit.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The culet reflection thing has a name but I'm going to butcher the spelling . Kozobie? But yes, that's common.

I don't personally like the ring much, but the center Stone looks nice

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

vendor has no returns. I don't know the ins and outs of eBay's money back guarantee though. They aren't stating where their stats are coming from.
Onus probably would be on you to verify the stone is as they describe it.

How much kozibe you see from straight up/tilt is just personal opinion of like.

Center looks to be set pretty high- once again personal opinion.

CheeSauce

Shiny_Rock
vendor has no returns. I don't know the ins and outs of eBay's money back guarantee though. They aren't stating where their stats are coming from.
Onus probably would be on you to verify the stone is as they describe it.

How much kozibe you see from straight up/tilt is just personal opinion of like.

Center looks to be set pretty high- once again personal opinion.

Hmm sounds like the Ivy and Rose ring may be better if I am looking to stay in that price range then. I was hoping to get a good deal. I am not a huge fan of the setting but was thinking I could eventually reset it.

CheeSauce

Shiny_Rock
The culet reflection thing has a name but I'm going to butcher the spelling . Kozobie? But yes, that's common.

I don't personally like the ring much, but the center Stone looks nice

Thanks for the information!

CheeSauce

Shiny_Rock
I saw this on eBay and made a low ball offer (under 2.5K) and my offer was actually accepted! Now that I am looking at it again I am not so sure I like the setting... but what do you guys think about the diamond? I initially jumped at this because it had the GIA certification. It is a 0.98 ct, M, VS1. Looks like one of the feathers may extend to the surface (according to the plot?) Should I keep this/did I get a good deal for the diamond itself? I am waiting for it to actually arrive and then I have a 30 day return period.

GIA2.jpg

GIA3.jpg GIA.jpg

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I saw this on eBay and made a low ball offer (under 2.5K) and my offer was actually accepted! Now that I am looking at it again I am not so sure I like the setting... but what do you guys think about the diamond? I initially jumped at this because it had the GIA certification. It is a 0.98 ct, M, VS1. Looks like one of the feathers may extend to the surface (according to the plot?) Should I keep this/did I get a good deal for the diamond itself? I am waiting for it to actually arrive and then I have a 30 day return period.

GIA2.jpg

GIA3.jpg GIA.jpg

Did you get it in yet? It looks really nice!

CheeSauce

Shiny_Rock
Did you get it in yet? It looks really nice!

@prinsad you are so sweet for remembering!! I did get it yesterday and it is actually way more beautiful than I thought it would be! The setting turned out very nice. I think it’s just the eBay picture were a bit sketchy. The stone itself is very deep (almost 69%) so I think that impacts performance in some situation but it still sparkles and is beautiful most of the time. I am trying to find an appraiser before my return period is up to make sure it is actually a real diamond and not a scam LOL.

6A601FE6-C7E0-4B82-ABEE-0AEBC9C3ABB3.jpeg

Last edited:

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@prinsad you are so sweet for remembering!! I did get it yesterday and it is actually way more beautiful than I thought it would be! The setting turned out very nice. I think it’s just the eBay picture were a bit sketchy. The stone itself is very deep (almost 69%) so I think that impacts performance in some situation but it still sparkles and is beautiful most of the time. I am trying to find an appraiser before my return period is up to make sure it is actually a real diamond and not a scam LOL.

6A601FE6-C7E0-4B82-ABEE-0AEBC9C3ABB3.jpeg

Oh man! That looks so nice on your hand too! I don’t get too caught up on measurements when it comes to old cut diamonds. It’s all about how it looks to my eye. Do you like the setting? I think it’s nice. Are you thinking of resetting? How about the color?

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Old cuts can be deep because they tend to be top heavy. As opposed to when the depth is on the pavilion. it looks beautiful on you. And a VS1, I would have no worries about a feather.

CheeSauce

Shiny_Rock
Oh man, it’s really hard to take photos of diamond!! I found an appraiser that will check out my ring on Sunday so crossing my fingers that the diamond is real and matches up with the Gia certification! I hope she will be able to tell me if the diamond is well cut too!

@prinsad I like the setting a lot more now than when I saw it online. I was afraid that it was going to be too tall and chimney-like (which I have seen with many older styles and I am not a fan.) However, I think since my fingers are fat, it doesn’t look that tall compared to my other fingers. I may reset it but I need to think about it because I just took a prestigious government job that will cut my salary in half!! So, my projects might be put on hold for awhile...

I rarely see the warmth of the diamond since it is sparkly and the setting hides the sides. I can see it a bit more in natural light but the diamond looks way more warm in the picture below than to my eyes (I think because the camera does not capture the sparky that well.)

I think your diamond is still lose right? What are you planning to do with it?

@ringo865 Thank you so much! Yeah it’s so hard buying old cuts because I can’t just look up the numbers and feel fine. I was worried because of how deep this stone is. The tool online said that it will look way small for its weight (like a well cut .82) but now that I have it, I love it!

C0D6E942-FA31-468C-91F1-6270EE7A6955.jpeg 6D4DFF9F-4F99-4CE2-AA6E-5AAC45279326.jpeg A9FABA36-FFD9-46B7-8724-4B1A26F1B17A.jpeg AD57B09E-93D8-4C70-A39C-14D1291BB92E.jpeg A30A9CDE-ECC6-4711-9F66-3520E2F279A4.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh pretty setting and it looks great on you!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s super pretty. It looks great on your hand and I am rather fond of the setting too! Enjoy it, and good luck with the appraisal.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Absolutely gorgeous - it could be my stone’s Twin. Wear her in good health! More pics please! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results