shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Marquise Side Stone Diamond Engagement Ring with Lab created round brilliant

Junc80

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

I am looking to see if I can get the following setting I found on James Allen with a lab grown diamond center stone with a better price than James Allen.

James Allen setting has total carat weight 0.30. I'd like to get F color SI1, PS cut quality in 14k setting for the center stone (1.2- 1.25 carats)

Are there any vendors you would recommend if i want to do this all in lab created diamonds?

Any vendors that are physically located in Los Angeles area?

Thank you everyone

Last edited:

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recommend Distinctive Gem. You can contact Jonathan through his website, and let him know what you are looking for. He will vet or find diamonds for you. Of course any of the PS vendors are highly regarded, and many here would be happy to help. Good luck and enjoy the search!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
David Klass Jewelry is located in Los Angeles and can source lab diamonds for a center stone and setting. He does beautiful work.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Here you go. Little bit of variance, so I hope you like it.
Use code BEMINELAB for 5% of the lab grown diamond and 15% off the setting.

The suggestions from the others are great...they should easily be able to create the setting using all LGD, if you'd rather go that route.

Last edited:

Junc80

Rough_Rock
I recommend Distinctive Gem. You can contact Jonathan through his website, and let him know what you are looking for. He will vet or find diamonds for you. Of course any of the PS vendors are highly regarded, and many here would be happy to help. Good luck and enjoy the search!

Thank you! I will be sure to check them out!

Junc80

Rough_Rock

The suggestions from the others are great...they should easily be able to create the setting using all LGD, if you'd rather go that route.

This is very helpful. Thank you!

Junc80

Rough_Rock
David Klass Jewelry is located in Los Angeles and can source lab diamonds for a center stone and setting. He does beautiful work.

I’ve heard of his name before- probably from pricescope. Are they yet to open in la? Just checked their website. Thank you!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve heard of his name before- probably from pricescope. Are they yet to open in la? Just checked their website. Thank you!

They've been around for a while, just no website yet. You can reach them at [email protected].

Junc80

Rough_Rock

This setting looks great and they already have everything lab created. I am sorry for my ignorance. Is this vendor a trusted one or known by pricescope?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
This setting looks great and they already have everything lab created. I am sorry for my ignorance. Is this vendor a trusted one or known by pricescope?

Absolutely...they are one of only a handful
of vendors whose inventory is listed in the PriceScope diamond search engine.

Junc80

Rough_Rock
Wow! This is getting better by the minute.. thank you

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Wow! This is getting better by the minute.. thank you

I'm going to ask the Admin team to move your thread over to the LGD subforum so that we can start recommending some exceptional examples of LGDs for you to pick from.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Junc80, do you have a budget in mind for just the loose diamond that will be mounted in the setting?

Junc80

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for asking this. I was going to talk with my wife tonight whether she would take the chance to go for this or want to go try on a similar one at a near by store. Then perhaps try on different carat diamonds to know what she wants.

Then I would definitely appreciate everyone’s help in finding a stone from this same vendor for a round brilliant (likely 1.25- 1.4 carat, F SI1 minimum and up to E VS1).

When I looked last night briefly, many of their stones under the category super cut had depth of 62.5 or more. At least to my knowledge. From what I recall years ago, I tried to stay below 61.9? I don’t remember it all anymore. My budget is going to stay below $2300 for the stone max. Cheaper the better but I don’t want to skimp out for my wife. Reason for going lab created- budget.

Thank you!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for asking this. I was going to talk with my wife tonight whether she would take the chance to go for this or want to go try on a similar one at a near by store. Then perhaps try on different carat diamonds to know what she wants.

Then I would definitely appreciate everyone’s help in finding a stone from this same vendor for a round brilliant (likely 1.25- 1.4 carat, F SI1 minimum and up to E VS1).

When I looked last night briefly, many of their stones under the category super cut had depth of 62.5 or more. At least to my knowledge. From what I recall years ago, I tried to stay below 61.9? I don’t remember it all anymore. My budget is going to stay below $2300 for the stone max. Cheaper the better but I don’t want to skimp out for my wife. Reason for going lab created- budget.

Thank you!

Check this one out.
Use coupon code BEMINELAB to get 5% off the diamond and 15% off the setting, combined.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hold off on buying from TAoJ if you haven't already, Junc80 - there seems to be some serious problems with their bench work quality and lackluster communication, as reported by fellow PS'ers.
There is a new thread that popped up last night in the LGD subforum that you need to go read ASAP.

Junc80

Rough_Rock
Deja Wiz- thank you so much again. Would you be able to provide that link if possible?

Also, my wife last night wasn’t feeling ready yet so this may be a longer process- soon or before end of this year as our 10 year anniversary.

Thank you again!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Deja Wiz- thank you so much again. Would you be able to provide that link if possible?

Also, my wife last night wasn’t feeling ready yet so this may be a longer process- soon or before end of this year as our 10 year anniversary.

Thank you again!

Sure thing:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results