shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with LOGR setting...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that looks pretty too! That color is still a bit deeper still than mine though.

I can''t wait to get it in the setting so I can take some nice outdoor pics of it...maybe then I can catch the color! I would almost call it a ''candle light'' color (is that a diamond color, LOL, if not, I have one!). It has a peachy/pinky/champagne/yellowy color, LOL...that about covers it!

It''s not a brown or dark color, not really a brown either, although it was sold as a ''brown diamond''...it''s much prettier than plain brown...(sorry to brown diamond lovers!
2.gif
) But this exact color is what I really like and what I wanted from a champagne diamond! It is just a really soft, feminine, warm looking diamond, yet still has lots of fire and color too.

My hubby and I are (were) going to renew our vows this spring on our anniversary and my ''color'' for my dress and his suit, etc., was the champagne color, so the diamond color kind of set the whole old fashioned/antiquey color scheme I wanted for the ceremony... However, our plans are on hold for the time being...I got sick on Christmas Day, with a serious virus that caused "Bell''s Palsy" - facial paralysis (the facial nerve on one side is damaged, causing paralysis on that side of the face, I can''t smile or blink or talk very well as a result)... I am not recovering very quickly and have no idea if I''ll be recovered enough to have our renewal ceremony. This is what also took a serious chunk out of my ring budget, a trip to the ER is not a cheap Christmas gift...ugh. It was just going to be a simple ceremony and dinner after, with our close family and friends...we can reschedule it for a later time, but I am bummed just the same...

Anyway...I hope my diamond lives up to what I am saying about it, LOL...I just know I like it and in person, it is very pretty, to me.
9.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwwww Ara Ann - a friend of mine had Bell''s Palsy and it was incredibly distressing for her. The good news is that she made a full recovery and I''m sure you will too. I believe that stress can slow the recovery so you need to chill out about your vows (wonderful idea BTW - hubby and I are doing the same thing soon).

Your diamond sounds lovely and actually you''ve described the diamond I just posted! It looks much more brown in the photo (probably because of the background)!

Get lots of rest and enjoy looking at yummy eye candy and planning your special day.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks "LD" for the kind words and encouragement! I am going on week six with this and it''s not fun. But the eye candy and searching for a pretty ring has helped a lot!

If I may ask, how long did your friend''s recovery take? Some get over ''BP'' in a few weeks, others takes several months, others never fully recover... After six weeks, I am pretty anxious to see some improvement!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It took a few months for her to fully recover. It came on literally overnight - she woke up one morning and her face was lopsided. It was a few years ago now but if I recall correctly, she''d been feeling a bit "odd" for a few days before that but not really ill if you know what I mean? Apparently, her case was very severe and it happened when she was abroad. She went back home, rested up and I think within 3 months was back to normal. It''s so difficult to remember as it was a while ago but I know that they did tell her that the majority of people recovered almost or completely fully. I know that she tried to identify all things that were stressing her and she eliminated them all and concentrated on getting back to fitness but I know she found it hard and was very frustrated that her recovery wasn''t quicker.

I''m not sure whether that''s helped or not? Try to keep your chin up hun. I know it''s difficult but you WILL get better.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, that''s the typical pattern for BP... I was sick with a virus, but not THAT sick...Christmas Eve I felt odd, but had no idea what was in store... Then that morning I had a pain in my jaw, I thought it was a toothache, but it was the virus attacking the nerve and my face gradually went numb during the day.

I also belong to a BP support forum and your friend''s story is very typical, but she is very fortunate to have had a full recovery without any lasting effects...that''s what I am hoping for too!

Thanks again for sharing with me!
35.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My brother got BP as well, but he made a full recovery. I hope you do as well and congratulations on your renewal of your wedding vows.

BTW, just one more thing about the LOGR, you can wait to pay him until your husband''s next payday. Just tell him you will pay him later in the week, or ask him if you can pay part now, and the rest when your husband is paid if you want to upgrade the diamonds.

Your diamond sounds gorgeous.

LD,
I LOVE your diamond as well, thanks for posting that pic.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you TL...happy to hear your brother had a good outcome as well.

With BP, there is no rushing recovery and no predicting how long it will take...just have to be patient and that''s not easy when half of my face doesn''t work well and I look like this:
2.gif
or this:
28.gif
Even when I don''t want to!

We may postpone our vows until Fall, close to or on my birthday instead...if I don''t feel ready to do it this spring. I want to be able to smile for pictures like this:
9.gif
Not like this:
37.gif

And I am pretty sure I am going to get the diamond upgrade for the setting...I am working on a plan, LOL!

Thanks again for all of the advice ladies!
35.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2009 8:33:51 AM
Author: Ara Ann
Thank you TL...happy to hear your brother had a good outcome as well.

With BP, there is no rushing recovery and no predicting how long it will take...just have to be patient and that''s not easy when half of my face doesn''t work well and I look like this:
2.gif
or this:
28.gif
Even when I don''t want to!

We may postpone our vows until Fall, close to or on my birthday instead...if I don''t feel ready to do it this spring. I want to be able to smile for pictures like this:
9.gif
Not like this:
37.gif

And I am pretty sure I am going to get the diamond upgrade for the setting...I am working on a plan, LOL!

Thanks again for all of the advice ladies!
35.gif
Well you certainly haven''t lost your sense of humour which is great!!!

Don''t forget we need to see piccies of the smiling bride after the deed''s been done! I think I''d be tempted to postpone as well cos you want to enjoy your special day! AND that means also having the diamond upgrade! Tell your hubby that he''ll have all the PS''ers onto him if he doesn''t cough up lol!

TL - thanks for the lovely compliment on my diamond.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies,

I just heard back from LOGR about the upgrade...he quoted me an upgrade charge of $224.00...I replied asking if he had raised his prices for upgrades? That is a big difference from the $72.00 I had expected. If it is $224.00 I can''t do it.
33.gif

Any ideas if he has raised his prices on upgrading??

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Well...I am totally confused...it's not the first time, LOL
21.gif

I checked out the LOGR diamond upgrade prices posted on their site and it says: "$199.00 per ct." to upgrade (interestingly, this offer is NOT on the listing for the split shank ring!? I saw it on another ring page).

The split shank setting is .29 ct., so unless I'm doing something wrong, the total cost of the ring, after the upgrade would be $251.01, plus another $10.00 for sizing.

So even if the $224.00 I was quoted was for the ring including the upgrade, it still doesn't add up?
20.gif
How can the upgrade be $224.00, when it's only 1/3 of a ct. and their upgrade is only $199.00 per ct.?

Am I missing something here?
33.gif

I have an e-mail in to them, asking to clarify...but there is always a big delay in their responses, I'd figure I'd ask here!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results