shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Light blue/violet sapphire with Sparkle!

RedSpinel

Shiny_Rock

The stone looks pretty clean here, but the cutting is questionable for a $3,900 gem. The culet is not centered, it's obviously offset. Its color saturation appears slightly less than moderate, which is fine in my book, as I prefer a slightly lighter sapphire vs a slightly overly dark one, but because light color debth in sapphires isn't considered to be prime, it should be reflected in a cheaper price(i would assume), but again, I'd be concerned with the offset culet and it's potentially shallow debth.

RedSpinel

Shiny_Rock
And I have to show you this because I think it's stunning, but it is oval
http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/3.32ct-ceylon-oval-purple-sapphire-u6369-/

That sapphire appears to be cut pretty evenly, and I can't see any obvious inclusions, and I tend to like lighter colored sapphires, but I respectfully have to comment on the price they are charging for it. Lighter colored stones should automatically be significantly less expensive than prime colored blue sapphires. This stone has very light color saturation, so to me it seems ridiculous to be asking nearly $10,000 for a very light 3ct sapphire. I've seen prime, royal blue sapphires of 2.7cts going for $7,000, so IMO that is price gouging. But again, I like lightly saturated sapphires. I just also realized that their prices should be significantly less than prime colored stones. IMO, that stone shouldn't cost more than $4,000 - $5,000.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of loose - and a local source to get many more quite easily.

Sabrina31

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hey btw, did you see nkotb listing for you on loupetroop? Personally i love the bluish purple on that earths treasury one, but nkotb is also really nice

coralee87

Rough_Rock
Thanks all for the input. My boyfriend went ahead and bought the stone. I am not sure if he will show it to me or keep it a surprise but either way, I'll post photos of either the stone or the final ring, whatever I see first :)

coralee87

Rough_Rock
Opinions please! Just got the stone. I'm excited that it looks more purple than blue to me. It looks beautiful to my untrained eye IMG_9180.JPG IMG_9171.JPG IMG_9170.JPG

coralee87

Rough_Rock
It's definitely big (8.2 mm) and looks bigger because my hands are tiny. I'm thinking of a setting similar to this one but in white gold. Thoughts?
IMG_9128.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results