shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with IdealScope

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mumbles37

Rough_Rock
Hi! First, I'd just like to thank all of the regular posters on this board - you're all doing a great service to nervous buyers like me! Thanks a bunch!

Recently, I purchased an IdealScope, but I'm not quite sure I'm using it correctly. I was wondering if one of you could post the IdealScope image of this diamond (I'm not sure what info you'll need, so I'll just put it all down):

Carat weight: 0.41
Color grade: E
Clarity: VVS2
Depth %: 60.8%
Table %: 56%
Crown: 34.2 Deg
Pavilion: 41.1 Deg
Symmetry: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Medium, faceted
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 4.86x4.84x2.95 mm

I really want to be sure I'm using it correctly; I'm looking at purchasing this diamond, but I'm concerned because whenever I look at it through the IdealScope, the diamond is nearly all pink and white (not a good thing - but without the IdealScope it looks fantastic). Thanks in advance!!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The pale blue area inside the table is partial leakage resulting from a slightly deep pavilion. still not a bad stone, especially if you plan to set it on a high open backed setting, but this is not a stone to close the back of.

The pale blue area will appear pale pink in real life. Do not get too concerned about the tiny little white bits on the outside area of the stone. they are there on all round diamonds to some extent.

Regards Garry H

mumbles37

Rough_Rock
Ok, thanks a lot! Now I think I can make better use of the IdealScope. :))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results