shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with diamond

Rockcollector

Shiny_Rock
I might be trading in a diamond I bought from Bluenile a few years ago. I have to be in the 9200-10000 range. I would like an Asscher cut, at least 1.5 carats. I don’t mind going down in color to a J. Could someone with some expertise please guide me on a nicely cut one? Thank you

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
how exiting!
I love step cuts!
perhaps, you might consider posting links to a few asscher diamonds from bluenile that catch your eye?? that we get a better sense of the type of character or look of asscher that you gravitate towards.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You'll only be able to choose if the stones have photos and/or videos. Post a few links and we will give some feedback.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not an expert! but a few that caught my eye :)

Maybe a touch too much obstruction/dark contrast face-on - an ASETscope image would help understand if it might be an issue.

Maybe a bit of windowing when tilted/rotated.

Maybe a bit too low-contrast / lacking visual interest?

Maybe a bit 'vintage' in flavour? Might be a bit too tinted and window-y across the central bit, but I quite like it myself.

A touch of 'hall of mirrors' effect, I think? :)

Performs really well at all angles in the video, which is rare! Low crown so might not major on coloured fire.

Over budget but I like the contrast patterning personally :)

Last edited:

Rockcollector

Shiny_Rock
Thank you do much! I haven’t decided what I am going to do yet but I appreciate your help!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results