shape
carat
color
clarity

help with diamond choice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcusmd02

Rough_Rock
first, love this site. have been looking for diamonds for 1-2months and this site has been most helpful!
I have been quoted two prices for two different round diamonds and need help with which is a better deal/better diamond (i do think both prices are very fair).
here are the stats:

7.61-7.72x4.59mm
1.61 carat
59.9% depth
58% table
thin to med, faceted girdle
cutlet none
polish good
symm good
clarity VS2
color F
flour none
plot: cloud and crystal near center of diamond, feather on fringe
$11,000

7.47-7.57x4.56mm
1.55 carat
depth 60.6%
table 59%
extremely thin to med faceted girdle
cutlet none
polish very good
symm good
VS2
E
fluor is med blue
plot: crystal on fringe, extra facet on fringe.
$10,700

help!!
thanks,
marcus

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hello!

I'm sorry to say that these stones are not exceptional to me. The first could be a very nice looking diamond, while the second has an extremely thin girdle, which makes it likely to chip (be sure to check the amount of the thin girdle) and has an extra facet, which personally I don't like too much. Also, is has medium blue fluorescence. Be sure to check out if you like it or not.
Since you have a great budget, I'd advise you to start looking at 1.40-1.60cts F-G (maybe even H!) VS 2 in at least ideal cuts or, even better, a H&A stone with ex/ex or id/id finish instead of good/good or very good/good. I assure you that you can see a difference. As I said, stone #1 could be very good looking if it has the right crown/pavilion combo, but none can tell you without additional data from a megascope or sarin.

Let us know if you can get additional data.
1.gif
wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results