shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with CADs For my EC please?

lexarose

Rough_Rock
Just wondering before I email Chris back at ERD if anyone could help me by telling me what the angle of asscher_girl's halo is and how large the melee are in the halo so I can be more accurate with what I'm asking for? It would be a really big help! Thanks again to everyone!

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I too am in love with AG's ring and I love your rendering. I think the halo angle in AG's halo is quite steep, close to 75 degrees. I would guess right now that your CAD is closer to 60 degrees. Just one other small detail I noticed is that the gaps at the top of the band just under the halo seem to have a more scalloped look than a straight-edged triangle look. Gypsy pointed it out in the first CAD. Is that something you want to adjust? Good luck. I think your ring will be beautiful!

lexarose

Rough_Rock
Hi guys. So I'm going to be sending Chris the email a little later today and this is where I'm at with ideas;

- I'm going to ask that the halo be tilted closer to 75 degrees.

-I'm going to ask that the halo and the diamond "ribbons" be made a little smaller/thinner with smaller diamond

-I'm going to ask that the entire setting be made even more delicate

- Possibly going to ask for even more of a curve on the sides but I'm not sure if that will mess up the triangle patterning on the sides

Anything else I'm missing? Also is it possible that I'm asking for the CAD itself to be too delicate if metal is going to be polished off after its all cast?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Id you come pare this and the inspiration, the sides have a bit of a concave aspect to it in the inspiration, if you look at these two combined I think you can see it in these pictures.

uploadfromtaptalk1382479385642.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1382479399398.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also the sides of your cads go down farther than the inspiration, I think that's because they use too many diamonds in all of the triangle designs. If you look at the lives I just posted, all the inspiration uses 1 diamond in all the triangle and tear drop. Yours uses two three. I'd cut it down to one on all those designs. Except maybe the upside down triangle on the middle.
I think that would make it not go down as far, so taper faster, but also make it a bit thiner? Maybe?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like that design Neil.

Lexa, you forgot the triangle cut outs all under the halo, like AG's ring. :)

I would just link Chris to this thread. It will help him. I know it will.

lexarose

Rough_Rock
Thank you guys! I'm writing the email now and will be including this link. Gypsy, there are cutout now all around underneath the halo but in certain pictures they are more hard to see. Should I ask for them to be more pronounced?
Also any thoughts on the delicacy IRL vs in the CADs?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
lexarose|1382487568|3542615 said:
Thank you guys! I'm writing the email now and will be including this link. Gypsy, there are cutout now all around underneath the halo but in certain pictures they are more hard to see. Should I ask for them to be more pronounced?
Also any thoughts on the delicacy IRL vs in the CADs?

Yes, I'd make the scallops bigger. And less scallopy-more triangley.

The CADs add about 10-15% 'heaviness'. So I'd still subtract about another 15% to make it more delicate AS I've shown below.

It's also too wide though the middle. ALL of those triangles needs to be SMALLER and delicate. If you look at the inspiration ring you will see the AG's designs each ONLY have one diamond in them. Not two or three.

So I'd have him slim the whole thing down like this:

erd_ec_cadpng.png

erd_ec_cad_agpng.png

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Niel said:
Id you come pare this and the inspiration, the sides have a bit of a concave aspect to it in the inspiration, if you look at these two combined I think you can see it in these pictures.

Good call. I couldn't put my finger on what was missing with the shape, and that totally nails it

lexarose

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! Newest batch of CADs just arrived from Chris today. Just wanted to thank everyone who participated with constructive criticism of the designs because I think that emailing ERD this thread really helped them to make the changes I wanted. What do you guys think? As always I love to hear any input!

image_774.jpg

image_775.jpg

image_776.jpg

image_777.jpg

image_778.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks 1000% better than the start. My only is if the angle of the halo is steep enough for your liking? In some cads it looks steep some it looks less so. Also, do you have a profile view?

lexarose

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately I do not have any pictures of the other side profile but I had asked for the north/south side design to remain the same. I agree the the halo angle looks steeper in some pictures than in others so I will ask about it. Also I just noticed the point on my bottom triangle is missing lol ( I'm probably driving poor Chris nuts by now!) additionally I will ask what the mm dimensions if the setting are for this iteration of the design. It's allllllmost perfect :naughty:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodbye Superbowl :naughty:
Hello Beauty, Elegance and Gorgeousness in one ring :love: :love:

It looks really good! I find the melee on the 4 sides of the shank on the largish side, but that is probably due to the CAD.

I am really excited for you!! What is the carat weight of the EC that will be used if I may ask? I am looking forward to see the real thing. This is also one of my favourite rings!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The latest CAD is much more delicate and elegant than the original one, IMHO.

Can't wait to see the finished ring.

DK :))

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness. That took my breathe away. It looks so wonderful. I think you have a definite winner there. I would ask for the bottom triangle and the bottom of the shank design to be completed. But if you look at AG's you'll see that her bottom triangles terminate the same way the CAD does.

I actually like the halo angle it is showing. I think it looks lovely.

Long road, but the result... I can't wait to see this finished.

One suggested tweak below. Not a huge deal, but a suggestion to consider only if possible.

erd_custom_ec_cad.png

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy moley what a difference, like night and day...gorgeous, a winner, can't wait to see it!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I've been following this thread and when the first cads were presented my immediate reaction was- oh no they are drowning that beautiful diamond :-o

Now it looks just amazing :lickout: Can not wait to see it!!! Such wonderful advice given in this thread. PSers are awesome :))

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
WOW!

What an amazing transformation the ring has undergone, for the better, of course!

I really cant wait to see the ring on your finger..... :love:

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think your ring is looking amazing :love: I can't wait to see the finished project!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What odors the shank taper to in mm?

lexarose

Rough_Rock
Honestly I'm not sure I have to ask Chris what all the dimensions of the setting are but if it helps the stone itself is just under 8mm so idk if that can be figured out using that measurement as a baseline.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh YEAH! :love: :appl: With the two little tweaks (top round melee and missing lower triangle), it will be perfection. It's the little details that surprisingly make a huge difference in visual flow.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh :love:
I cannot wait to see the real thing. It will be stunning!!!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SWOON!! I've been watching... Just not commenting as all my design capabilities end with stick figures.... I can't wait to see this beauty! :love:

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
This is amazing! You guys took a ring from oh nice to OMG that is breath taking. I am always amazed at the discerning eye of PS gurus!!
Can't wait to see the real deal!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lexarose

Rough_Rock
Hello All! So I got some measurements from Chris a few days ago and finally am getting around to posting them. According to Chris, the halo's measurements will be 10.5 x 9.5 mm (again for reference, stone is 7.65x6.64 mm). From 3 o'clock to 9 o'clock on the shank, the width will taper from 2.8 to 2.2 mm. The height of the setting will be approximately 6.5 mm. I am also making the tiniest of design changes by adding a tiny melee stone to each of the top triangles to fill that space instead of asking for a larger melee stone (partially because I saw pyramid's comment before it was taken off and once I read it I can't unsee it!! :shock: ) I also asked about finishing the bottom triangle's point and Chris stated that the milgrain detail will be there on the finished product but is just not visible on the CAD rendering. I also asked him about the visibility of the two tiny little bars holding the middle and bottom triangle together in the finished ring but Chris said that it is only 0.5 mm in the finished product so those bars will totally not be visible. I hope that answers some of the measurement questions and as always please let me know if anything jumps out at anyone as something I should mention/be aware of!
Super excited about seeing the resin model after the small design tweak is finished and of course to see the finished product! (Timing of the last part is not up to me though!) Will post any new info/pictures asap. Thanks again to everyone :wavey:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I can't wait to see this finished ring!!! :love: :love: :love:

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Lexarose

Yes, I deleted the comment because I thought maybe it was the magnification that made me think that, I love the look of the ring, I love asschergirl's ring too and really like how yours has progressed to being the exact shape of her one.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can't wait to see this completed ring.

Lexarose, did they give you an ETA?

I just know it will be spectacular!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results