shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with CAD-- stone layout for gift for my mom please. Need opinions!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! I'm working w Daniel M on a mothers ring/family ring for my mom. Purple spinel for her, blue topaz for dad, ruby for sister, emerald is me. I had him put dads topaz as 2nd stone as it is biggest side stone. And stones are warm- cool-warm- cool.
Originally I planned for the kite set square ruby to be 2nd stone.
I want input as to which layout looks best--- opinions appreciated!

Attachments

• 20210410_083108.jpg
    20210410_083108.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210410_082630.jpg
    20210410_082630.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 6

Slick1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My eyes prefer the rounds next to the center. I think it softens the sharp edges of the center stone. It feels more symmetrical to me, but I like symmetry.

Great idea! What a lovely daughter!!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Brilliant_Rock
My eyes prefer the rounds next to the center. I think it softens the sharp edges of the center stone. It feels more symmetrical to me, but I like symmetry.

Great idea! What a lovely daughter!!

Ahhh...I didn't think of that! So you also see sharp edges- rounded- sharp- rounded. I like symmetry too.
Sometimes it's hard to let go of ones first idea... but maybe I should just go with the more symmetrical. The topaz is also 3mm, ruby and emerald are 2 mm. So 5.5mm-3mm-2mm-2mm.

Slick1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh...I didn't think of that! So you also see sharp edges- rounded- sharp- rounded. I like symmetry too.
Sometimes it's hard to let go of ones first idea... but maybe I should just go with the more symmetrical. The topaz is also 3mm, ruby and emerald are 2 mm. So 5.5mm-3mm-2mm-2mm.

Exactly. For my (people vary) comfort zone, I would alternate round and sharp edges larger to smaller!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
I like the rounds next to center! What about turning the center kite set to match the sides?

Mreader

Brilliant_Rock
@CHRISTY-DANIELLE I do like the most recent but my favorite is still the center stone in the square orientation but still the rounds next to them. It is such a cool idea of a project and I can't wait to see the final result.

Slightly off topic and sorry to ask this - have you heard from Dan recently? I just finished a project from him and got the rings in the mail today (yay!) but had been communicating with him about another idea and no replies for the past four days...:(sad

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Brilliant_Rock
@CHRISTY-DANIELLE I do like the most recent but my favorite is still the center stone in the square orientation but still the rounds next to them. It is such a cool idea of a project and I can't wait to see the final result.

Slightly off topic and sorry to ask this - have you heard from Dan recently? I just finished a project from him and got the rings in the mail today (yay!) but had been communicating with him about another idea and no replies for the past four days...:(sad

He's been really slow. This cad was several days past promised day. I think he's really busy and he doesn't really have a helper crew. So I'm patient w him.
Just give him a little poke email :)

Mreader

Brilliant_Rock
He's been really slow. This cad was several days past promised day. I think he's really busy and he doesn't really have a helper crew. So I'm patient w him.
Just give him a little poke email :)

I think all of the PSers recommendations have given him tons of business haha!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Men In Pearls
    Men In Pearls
    Celebrating The Life Of Elsa Peretti
    Celebrating The Life Of Elsa Peretti
    Recovering Diamonds From The Depths
    Recovering Diamonds From The Depths

Need expert help finding that diamonds?

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.