shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Buying Diamond for Engagement Ring

helpwithdiamonds

Rough_Rock
Hi everybody, I have little knowledge regarding diamonds but I'm trying to decide between two diamonds:

The 2.51 ct is $6000 cheaper than the 2.3 ct. I wanted to get everyone's thoughts and opinions on these diamonds (my price range is 25k to 30k). Another question I have with the 2.51 ct is that I don't see any inclusions when its polished and in normal light, but when it gets "smudged up" and "oily" from fingers I see the black inclusion near the middle. For clarity, do we base that on "clean" diamonds in the store or when they are "smudged up" and "oily" from fingers.

Thanks for all of the help. I don't have really any guidance or assistance so I feel fairly lost.

EClove

Shiny_Rock
You'll probably get better help if you can also post videos of the diamonds. Fancy cuts - especially ovals - are very difficult to judge on certificates alone because there is no standard cut like there are for round diamonds.

helpwithdiamonds

Rough_Rock
How do I attached a video file? It won't allow me to use the .mov file.

Thanks!

EClove

Shiny_Rock
How do I attached a video file? It won't allow me to use the .mov file.

Thanks!

You'll have to upload to youtube or vimeo or another like site, or link to the vendor's videos!

helpwithdiamonds

Rough_Rock
I know we heading into the weekend so just wanted to follow up. Thanks again!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Clarity is based on “face up” view with 10x magnification. Pretty sure that labs grade only “clean” diamonds. And they get dirty fast, e.g., when you touch them, wash your hair, apply lotion/sunscreen.

clcat120

Shiny_Rock
Trade
They both look nice ovals.. but the videos are not closed up so I cannot judge inclusion or get a sense of the light performance. Looked both minimal bowtie, which by conventional standard, a positive thing. Both are great colors. If you cannot see them in person, I'd go with the VS1.

The 2.3ct is more expensive as its one color grade higher and two clarity grades higher. Maybe you can try F/G color, VS2-clearn SI1 to optimize your budget.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only saw a video of one stone...

Can you post up-close videos of the stones?

aisa901

Rough_Rock
I only saw a video of one stone...

Can you post up-close videos of the stones?

After you watch the first video, you can scroll down and click on the posters name and you will see two videos for that account.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still only saw 1 video (the same one listed twice 3442).

If he has two videos its best to post the link to each one of them. He also needs to post images of the GIA reports because.
The captcha tool wants you to do the puzzles...and I gave up on those. So everyone (anyone) who wants to see the reports
has to run through those puzzles and possibly get them wrong(for each stone). Really, if you want help you should make
it easier for PSers to help you. Just post images of the GIA reports.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results