shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Asscher Cut Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

virtue

Rough_Rock
I am considering getting an asscher-cut diamond and would appreciate the expert's opinion.

Asscher-cut
H
VS2
7.67*7.83*5.84 mm
76.1% Depth
66% Table
Med to Thick
VG
VG
None

The price is $18000. Is it a good deal? I keep thinking that something must be wrong with this stone. Could it be too deep?

Also, is there a general rules for asscher-cut diamonds in terms of cut grade?

Thank you so much in advance. You guys are the best.

:))

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Old cut Asscher cuts are always quite deep. The table on this one seems a bit big, but maybe it is okay. The price does not seem too high. Post a photo and we can know if it is potentially a real Asscher cut or just another deep emerald cut.

virtue

Rough_Rock
Hi Dave,

Thanks so much for the reply. I will see if I can get a picture of the stone and post it on the site.

virtue

Rough_Rock
Dave, here's the picture of the stone. Hopefully it helps. Any comments to help me decide on the purchase is strongly appreciated. Thanks so much!

:))

3[1].03asscher.jpg

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It does at least look like a real Asscher cut type. The table should be rather small and I can't see that element clearly, but the corners and outline look very good.

virtue

Rough_Rock
Dave, thanks for the comment.

Based on its price and cut quality, do you think it would make a good purchase? At this point, I am quite comfortable with its color and clarity. Thank you so very much again! :twirl:

sirianbrady

Rough_Rock
I looked into Asscher cuts as well. Turns out there's an Asscher (Square Emerald) and then a Royal Ascher cut. The Royal Ascher cut was about 2X any generic Asscher's we're going for. If you ask Royal Ascher they'll tell you that a legit Ascher cut will have a GIA cert that says, side step cut, and that a generic Asscher will just say Square Emerald. There is no actual GIA grading for an Ascher cut so be careful if someone is trying to push something on you and you're really looking for a legit Asscher.

In my case, it cames to cost and the only Royal Asscher I could afford was about the size of a peice of rice, so I scrapped that idea and went with a traditional emerald. 1.6ct E color, VVs2

Ian

virtue

Rough_Rock
Hi Ian,

I didn't know about Royal Asscher and Generic Asscher before, but now I do. Thank you for the wisdom.

- virtue

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The price you are being asked is certainly not high. Is the grading you are giving from the GIA or some other lab?

virtue

Rough_Rock
Dave,

The grading is from GIA. I am attaching the cert here for your review. If you think this stone worths the money, I will go ahead and get it. :)

All the best and much thanks,
virtue

Asscher.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think the money is fine. I also think is is only Asscherish, not a true old Asscher cut. The closed culet and the largish table for an Asscher are a pretty good clue that it is a pretender to the Asscher heritage of cut style.

If you like it, then it is okay for the money, but I have a distinct feeling about the non-Asscher components I mentioned being pretty good clues..

virtue

Rough_Rock
Thanks Dave! As always, your two cents worths a million.

virtue

kathishopping

Rough_Rock
Hi, this stone looks great...where did you find this? :))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results