shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with a sapphire

goldie_locks

Shiny_Rock
Ask Jeff to do side by side hand shots and video, that should help you make a decision.

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'd inquire to see if they can send you some pics that show both stones side by side, in multiple lightings. And ask about color shifting. Since I assume a return will be difficult, ask lots of questions! :)

If you're pretty sure these are the finalists, also ask if they'll hold them both for you for a few days while pics are taken and you think it over. I'd hate for one to be sold in the mean time!

My guess is that the .73 is darker than the .52, though since there's only one photo of the .73 its hard to say!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
http://www.earthstreasury.com/product/0-73-carat-royal-blue-montana-sapphire-heated

So I think its between the heated ona above, its a bit bigger, or the Umba. Need some help choosing.

I like the Umba much better than this one, which is rather dark and has more green (which could be nice too if that's the color you're after). My second choice is the 0.60 sky blue Montana, which looks very nicely cut to me. I am partial to rounds. So many pretty blues! You will be able to tell more in person. Maybe ask for extra hand shots?

Duggyfresh

Rough_Rock
Right! sorry to mess you guys about. Due to postage costs, credit card fees and vat, ive established that the two I decided on are a bit of a push on my budget. Ive decided im going to purchase one of these that were previously recommended.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/535488627/ceylon-sapphire-round-49-carat-blue

http://www.earthstreasury.com/product/0-60-carat-rich-sky-blue-montana-sapphire/

Im leaning towards the montana, due to the cut, size and with the excellent photo I can see what Im getting. But the other one is a better colour but its hard to tell the quality of the cut from the photos.

Duggyfresh

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your help with my hunt for a sapphire everyone. After some emails between me and Jeff I went with the Umba.
The next stage is to get the setting made.

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay!!

You know we'll want to see pics when it arrives :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Choosing a sapphire - or any stone for that matter - is such a matter of personal preference that I did not want to weigh in and say which stone I preferred, but now that you have chosen the Umba, I'll concur that that is the one I would've chosen, as Montanas often have a steely aspect that can appear quite greyish in some lights. So well done, congratulations!:appl:

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay, Duggyfresh! You did well!

Duggyfresh

Rough_Rock
Thanks, yeah the Umba was always my first choice. Its quite an eye opener when you start to understand gems as a whole. So glad I didnt just buy something off the shelf.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results