shape
carat
color
clarity

help with a ring style

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Whitefoot

Rough_Rock
Hello, I found this scott kay ring, however with the middle stone I am getting I am going to go over my price range. I was wondering is anyone had and ideas of a setting that might be about this, but have its own flair. Also think this setting can do a princess cut? thanks!

M0722RD10PP_UR_l.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
what''s your price range?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Scott Kay offers that as a princess setting as well. You can talk to a few jewelers and have something custom-made so you could make your tweaks to make it your own. But you will have to find matching sidestones as well.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOOOPS! Wrong pic!

Dimendscaasi 1B1B_large_1.jpg

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I got a quote for a custom made setting similar to this from Whiteflash. They can''t make it exactly like the one you posted but pretty darn close.
2.gif
It was considerably less than the Scott Kay setting.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a link to a page that shows the other views with a princess but this particular one has an engraved shank (you can get it plain)

Scott Kay princess 3 stone.jpg

Whitefoot

Rough_Rock
wow now I dont know what to do, go with the princess style or go with the Round Now. both seam beautiful, but the round seems to look better from all sides.. Any opinions on that?

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMHO, in this particular setting, having seen it in person, I think the rounds look better. It can be made in various sizes (i.e. the side stones can be pretty much any size you want). You could get smaller side stones, in gold or white gold instead of platinum, and that would help cut the cost of the setting.

Is this ring a surprise? Do you have a feel for what stone shape the recipient would prefer? Keep in mind a princess faces up smaller than a round due to it's weight distribution. And rounds will technically outperform a princess. But the overall look of the stone is what is important, and I'd try to find out more about what shape stone is desired.

Whitefoot

Rough_Rock
Well the first ring I gave her was a Solitare Prince Cut 1ct tiffany style setting, She loved it very much, or well maybe she just loves me. As some of you might know though UPS lost the ring. So in the time that its been lost and still not found, we have talked about getting something diffrent. She would be happy with the same but also would not mind being suprised with something diffrent. This new ring is something I feel she would enjoy, and not overly flashy.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I read about the lost ring - and I can''t imagine what that must feel like. I worry about that every time I put something in the mailing system!

I saw the Scott Kay in a BB at the maul, and with a CZ the size the size of my 0.74ct RB (5.8mm), the 0.2ct each side stones looked about right. It is a lovely setting!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whitefoot, what exactly was what you liked about that setting?

For example, some other posters went for it because it is opened on the sides... I would agree that rounds fit beter with the courved prongs, and they might sit safer in that setting too. THIS is another three-stone open on the sides. I would thik it can be done with princess cuts too if you wanted. The SOLITAIRE version with a princess doesn''t look half bad, but there isn''t any picture of a three-stone princess set version... yet.

Hope this helps
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results