shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with a Project: Am I Delusional?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will keep you all in the loop! I heard back from another PS vendor, pre-pearl version, giving a quote of 10k - so, getting in the right general direction at least.

I will absolutely check out Pablo!

I feel like 8-10K isn't unreasonable for something this detailed, but I also don't have anything of this size and detail so I might be the wrong person to ask haha.

For a much more budget friendly option, I just had to include these as examples of the "starbrite" cut by John Dyer. I think this is a perfect snowflake center stone, because the color and cut reminds me of one.

These are all slightly different colors of blue topaz, and the cut (although the same "starbrite", is always a bit different depending on size, etc.

btpoz18.95.jpg btpoz7.79.jpg

btpoz6.45.jpg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Off the shelf:

YG & sapphire - 24K

Snow - 16K the hexagon pattern is very snowflake & I can prove it ... (digressing: Google brought this up among Faberge snowflakes earlier today; I am affraid I have been leafing through real snowflake pictures instead: entirely unfair to the best of the best!)

YG & FY - 10K

These just came up ...

Last edited:

amoline

Shiny_Rock
All gorgeous! Thank you for those links! They, if nothing else, will provide wonderful inspiration! What a history the snowflake pattern has in jewelry, too... they are all wonderful. Appreciate the insight!

On a side note, I tried to send a message through Pablo's website, but the contact form always gives an error and says I haven't entered a name. :(

Andrew

Reactions: AV_

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if you have to have pearls, but Yvonne Raley in New Jersey has some gemstone jewelry designs that are kind of floral/snowflake-like and she does quite budget-friendly custom projects (apparently the bench she uses for pave work also does work for some top jewelers in NY) - overall, though, don't expect the same quality as the other, more expensive/brand name jewelers. But she could be an option if you're looking for a more modest outlay.
Example:
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/629...dant-pink-oval?ref=shop_home_active_23&pro=1#

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I know you are trying to custom make this project, but I just saw this from one of my favorite antique jewelry stores, Filigree Jewelers. It's 14k gold, silver, and has 3.5 carats of OMC diamonds for $5950! Can be brooch or pendant. They are online, and IG, but also have a brick and mortar store in Minnesota.
20181127_205206.png

amoline

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all so much! That's a lot of OMC too!

Pricescope really is a gift. (I'd say a gem, but would probably be kicked off the forum for that one. :)))

amoline

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, @SailingGem ! I'll take a look.

VC got back and mentioned that since all the work he does is hand forged, the cost would be astronomical. I figured as much, so will save his work for something less complex in the future! :)

For the most part, still waiting a bit for the holidays to pass over. DK has been getting back to me when possible, so I'm excited at the prospect of working with him, too!

Thanks again everybody!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know you are trying to custom make this project, but I just saw this from one of my favorite antique jewelry stores, Filigree Jewelers. It's 14k gold, silver, and has 3.5 carats of OMC diamonds for $5950! Can be brooch or pendant. They are online, and IG, but also have a brick and mortar store in Minnesota.
20181127_205206.png

Oooo. I bet this is a sparkle bomb.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results