shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with a potential purchase... E with medium Fluorescence? Does this look oily or hazy?

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Last edited:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I don't think "medium" blue would be enough fluorescence to make a diamond look hazy. But even if it did, it would most likely do so in sunlight, not showing up in that photo.

Personally, I would much prefer a diamond with medium blue fluorescence above no fluorescence because I think it's a very cool feature.

I wouldn't pay the extra for and E color though because I wouldn't notice it above a G or H, or even lower when face up and set.

I don't have time to look over the cut details but not sure if you want input on that anyway.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Does not appear to be oily. If you are concerned that the medium fluorescence might be affecting transparency, it is highly unlikely.

Also, you may already be aware that although the title says radiant cut, this is a different style. It is most likely a proprietary cut like a "Criss Cut" .

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think "medium" blue would be enough fluorescence to make a diamond look hazy. But even if it did, it would most likely do so in sunlight, not showing up in that photo.

Personally, I would much prefer a diamond with medium blue fluorescence above no fluorescence because I think it's a very cool feature.

I wouldn't pay the extra for and E color though because I wouldn't notice it above a G or H, or even lower when face up and set.

I don't have time to look over the cut details but not sure if you want input on that anyway.

Thank you @seaurchin ! I have compared this between another 2 similar sized diamonds, and this is the biggest face up crisscut diamond I could find. It is 20% bigger than a 0.6c and 8 percent bigger than a 0.7c and so I ended up with this.

I fully agree with you on the blue medium Fluorescence.. The science geek in me totally love to see it glow under the uv light!

Last edited:

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Does not appear to be oily. If you are concerned that the medium fluorescence might be affecting transparency, it is highly unlikely.

Also, you may already be aware that although the title says radiant cut, this is a different style. It is most likely a proprietary cut like a "Criss Cut" .

Thank you @Texas Leaguer for your assurance! Yes, I am searching specially for a crisscut.. Without the price tag of a branded proprietary cut.

I saw a couple of crisscut posts by the fellow PSers (especially @diamondhoarder) and fell hopelessly in love with the cut. Couldn't get it off my mind and decided to get one.

From many vidoes I have seen.. Crisscut seems to sparkle more than a typical emerald cut..

Not sure if I am buying blind and foolish this time.. the vendors I have asked is unable to get the ASET for me on this one..

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great! The only time you need to worry about fluor is if its strong in a D-F, and even then the likelihood of it being an issue is small. So no worries with medium fluor.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I’m not an expert but think it looks pretty and not hazy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results