Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with a Lazare Kaplan!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tan70ri

Rough_Rock
Hi all

Hoping some folks can help me out! I'm looking at an AGS certified Lazare Kaplan stone. It is a round brilliant Ideal Cut polish/symmetry/proportions (AGS 0); F (AGS 1) VS2; (AGS 4). It weighs .877 cts. It says that the fluorescence is "Inert" (does this mean none?) The crown is 35.5% and the pavillion is 40.9. The depth is 61.5 with a 55% table.

Everyone i've spoken with says the Lazare diamonds are 10% higher in price than other none brand diamonds.

Bottom line is the quote of $4,500. What do you folks think of that price and quality of this stone? What should the appraised value on the cert be for insurance purposes?

Thank you :appl:

Jess

Rough_Rock
Is there a reason you want this particular branded stone, or are you just looking for an extremely well-cut diamond?

tan70ri

Rough_Rock
I want a high quality diamond and I've been told Lazare is one of the best. Also been told Tiffany's buys Lazare diamonds for their rings. I think this is a great price but just want some affirmation.

Jess

Rough_Rock
If what you posted is crown and pavilion angles (not percents)it scores a 2.6 on the cut advisor. That is a very good rating, but I think for the money you want to spend, you could do better. I would hang around this site for a while if I were you. I have learned SO much here. Do a search and call some vendors on this site. Jonathan at goodoldgold.com comes very highly recommended for his superbly cut stones and great service.
Jess
*P.S. Just so you know, I am no expert, I just love this site!:love:

Jess

Rough_Rock
Here is a .83 Hearts and Arrows for $3094 https://www.pricescope.com/origin.asp?id=26258&sh=8&prc=3094

.85 G VS1 H&A for 4458
https://www.pricescope.com/origin.asp?id=24637&sh=8&prc=4458

There are many many more, but you might have to call or email the vendor for more info.
When I did the search I just checked the AGS-0 and H&A box.

cannis

Rough_Rock
I have a Lazare Kaplan diamond engagement ring that I would like to sell. The specs are as follows:
It is 1.22 carats(round), color I, clarity vvs2. It is set
in a platinum setting with four single cut diamonds
(two on each side) total weight .08 carats.

Please let me know if you are interested or if you know where I could sell it.

Thanks for your time, Craig

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.